Recommend a J-hook equivalent

badbee

I am looking for a small glass piece to use dry, mostly with a TM and Dynavap. Ideally I want something that works like a J-hook but that has a flat base that stands firmly on it's own. I'm imagining something like a hook melded into a hockey puck sized base. A ground glass joint >= 14mm is required, easy to clean and thick glass is a bonus. I know I've seen something like that but am not finding it now. Also prefer under $50 if possible.

Ideas?

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Ogb makes some
Awesome, he mentioned these to me the other day, should make a lot of people happy

Screenshot-20220727-122408.png

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think I know what you are describing, I have seen them lately as dry dab rigs, from US artists on IG recently, however I believe they were mostly done in 10 mm? I'm sure if I can remember who, they can make you a custom in 14, I think $50 for clear was about right

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Somehow my toy budget keeps going into new vapes but I’ve had this one in my sights for awhile:
A little outside your budget but @Hookahhead_MD ’s here on the forums if you have any questions. Responsive and seems like a good dude. @Jojofernz uses one in a bunch of his vids if you want a “function” video, lol.

Jojofernz

Somehow my toy budget keeps going into new vapes but I’ve had this one in my sights for awhile:
A little outside your budget but @Hookahhead_MD ’s here on the forums if you have any questions. Responsive and seems like a good dude. @Jojofernz uses one in a bunch of his vids if you want a “function” video, lol.
All my videos I’ve posted were recently removed from streamable and account suspended haha I guess they didn’t like all the clouds!! 😭

But absolutely agree on the hookahhead recommendation, great to work with and love lots of the stuff. The spiral hammer cools great and hits wonderful also really like it’s an unground joint.

Shit Snacks

Actually feels like an appropriate place to share this that I saw earlier here now:
Screenshot-20240412-125659.png

I bet they could make one with an angled up mouthpiece or modify another way... Very interesting to have spiral path, connecting to removable hollow tip for easy cleaning...

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

badbee

Thanks for all the suggestions, some good contenders here. The J-hook thread veered towards this style just the last couple of days.

badbee,

cosimo

Recently picked up another WPA with a carb from JoDa @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

I also commissioned him to create a custom j-hook (which I shared a picture of in the TM2 thread yesterday). Not only does his WPA's work with both a TM2 and the E-Nano XL, but this custom j-hook can stand freely with either device.

He did an amazing job, I'm very pleased, and you can expect a more detailed review from me in the future.

Maybe something like that one?

cosimo,
Reactions: cx714

Shit Snacks

I think I know what you are describing, I have seen them lately as dry dab rigs, from US artists on IG recently, however I believe they were mostly done in 10 mm? I'm sure if I can remember who, they can make you a custom in 14, I think $50 for clear was about right
Screenshot-20240416-120113.png

@badbee these^ are what I was thinking of above, knew I had seen them from someone recently, still a couple clear available... They might be 14 mm actually? Could cost more than $50 though, not sure, he is cool though if you want to just reach out and ask! :tup:

Screenshot-20240416-120708.png

Oh and this was the other I recalled:
New boot goofin' with this 14mm j-hook and matching WPA from JoDa, @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

Last edited:

badbee

Thanks @Shit Snacks , that is definitely the form factor I had in mind, I might prefer something just a touch bigger in the base. I wish more of these guys had storefronts, I hate dealing with people through IG.

Shit Snacks

Thanks @Shit Snacks , that is definitely the form factor I had in mind, I might prefer something just a touch bigger in the base. I wish more of these guys had storefronts, I hate dealing with people through IG.

Yeah I figured you might want a larger version, at least with longer mouthpiece... I'm happy to reach out and ask if they have an email address for custom orders instead if you prefer? For me IG has been worth the "negatives" that I was initially resistant to

Shit Snacks

Screenshot-20240418-121132.png

Kadabra has been doing these wild ones lately, currently this one up for auction:
Happy to help middleman bidding for anyone here if they can't do the IG! (pretty sure his are, and this one is, only in 10 mm though?)

Shit Snacks

Screenshot-20240416-120113.png

@badbee these^ are what I was thinking of above, knew I had seen them from someone recently, still a couple clear available... They might be 14 mm actually? Could cost more than $50 though, not sure, he is cool though if you want to just reach out and ask! :tup:

Screenshot-20240416-120708.png

Oh and this was the other I recalled:

He is doing 30 to 42% off for 420 now so these are much cheaper! Somebody snag

Top Bottom