Re-Using your PD/MZ/WDZ Rubbing Alcohol????

jawsh

Anyways, I've seen a few of you guys talk about something like this so I thought I'd ask since I'm trying to conserve these days.

It's been said that some people use the same rubbing alcohol (in the PD cleaning bottle) when cleaning their stems, and when it gets really brown or w/e, they dump it out on a plate or something and let it vaporize and they get some sort of smokable (vaporizable?) substance.

Anyways, my questions are:

1). How EXACTLY do you do this?
2). Isn't it unsafe to be vaping/smoking rubbing alcohol?
3). Can you vape it?
4). Anything else I should know

Thanks in advance. I know you guys are the experts and I seek your wisdom!! Teach me the ways!

jawsh,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Isopropyl alcohol not rubbing alcohol. Everclear too- but iso is less $.
Rubbing alc has a bittering agent in it.

Others will have to answer the how-to's as far as evap and smoking technique.

indigal,

Frickr

just dump the alcohol with the condensed vapor in it out on a plate to dry. simple as that. i dont think its unsafe as all the rubbing alcohol will evap off leaving just the condensed vapor. for me though, i think im going to switch to everclear as the iso, with whatever chemical they put in it to make it not drinkable, gives me a sore throat when i smoke the oil.

the easiest way ive found is to put a drop on a bed of ash in a bowl and burn it. ive also seen this done with cutting a chunk of a cigarette and placing it on a needle thats sticking up on a piece of cardboard, then lighting both ends of the ciggarette and letting it burn till theres just the ash sitting there. then placea drop of the oil onto the ash carefully and light and inhale.

as far as vaping, im sure you could but it would be a little difficult as it is a liquid. i store mine in the freezer till im ready to use it. then i scrape a bit up on a paperclip and heat it up till it drops off the end of the paperclip onto the ash.

Frickr,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
The higher Iso alcohol % you can find the better, and it means it has less impurities or so i've been led to believe. I think you can get 99.9% if you look for it.

Happycamper,

jawsh

WOW thank you so much vtac... thx for everyone else's insight as well.

jawsh,

Frickr

jawsh said:
anyone way to do the stuff in that thread with stems from the PD?
just dump out the little purple bottle that you use to wash your stems in every so often. i ususally wait a few oz till it gets nice and golden then let it evap on a dish. one drop will put you in space

Frickr,

lwien

Frickr said:
jawsh said:
just dump out the little purple bottle that you use to wash your stems in every so often. i ususally wait a few oz till it gets nice and golden then let it evap on a dish. one drop will put you in space
When I let mine evap in the dish, it is no longer liquid. I scrap what's on the plate and gather into one very sticky ball.

lwien,

lwien

indigal said:
Ummm.......My Isopropyl alcohol also says rubbing alcohol. I don't believe that the two are mutually exclusive.

lwien,

Frickr

lwien said:
Frickr said:
jawsh said:
When I let mine evap in the dish, it is no longer liquid. I scrap what's on the plate and gather into one very sticky ball.
hmmm, mine always comes out in a really sticky liquid, if i dont keep it frozen it just runs all over the place. i let my last batch sit out for 5 days before i scraped it up, and it still was like that. im using 91% iso. i wonder why so much differance?

Frickr,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
indigal said:
Ummm.......My Isopropyl alcohol also says rubbing alcohol. I don't believe that the two are mutually exclusive.
You are right- they're not mutually exclusive- however, "rubbing alcohol" can have perfume additives & who-knows-what-else in there. As a tech-head, who's worked in the geek business for 7 years, we buy pure iso from electronic shops/hardware places as rubbing alc from the local Walgreens cany leave a residue on laser pick-ups.

indigal,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Pseudonymous said:
Wouldn't Everclear be expensive enough to make the process a complete waste?
I use Everclear for a few reasons- It's clean- there's nothing in there but pure ethanol & trace water, it doesn't stink like iso, it cleans super-fast, & it's made to be ingested which I frequently do... I don't smoke my sticky res, I use it in beverages :).

indigal,

Frickr

indigal said:
Pseudonymous said:
I use Everclear for a few reasons- It's clean- there's nothing in there but pure ethanol & trace water, it doesn't stink like iso, it cleans super-fast, & it's made to be ingested which I frequently do... I don't smoke my sticky res, I use it in beverages :).
that is a great idea! i want some stiff thc laden drinks! what does this taste like, and how much do you use? do you mix this?? im intrigued do share more!!

i think i may go pick up a bottle of everclear here after the hollidays, moneys a little tight at the moment. but please do share! :lol:

Frickr,

standard

indigal said:
Pseudonymous said:
Please subscribe me to your beverage newsletter. Care to share any recipes?

standard,

lwien

The really powerful Everclear isn't legal in all states. Not here in Cali anyway. (but we got a gazillion dispensaries):/

lwien,

lwien

indigal said:
You are right- they're not mutually exclusive- however, "rubbing alcohol" can have perfume additives & who-knows-what-else in there. As a tech-head, who's worked in the geek business for 7 years, we buy pure iso from electronic shops/hardware places as rubbing alc from the local Walgreens cany leave a residue on laser pick-ups.
So how unhealthy is the Iso that I'm using that says, "rubbing" on it ? Don't eat it. I smoke it.

lwien,

itriplots

lwien said:
indigal said:
So how unhealthy is the Iso that I'm using that says, "rubbing" on it ? Don't eat it. I smoke it.
It depends on the purity of your rubbing alcohol. The cheaper 70% stuff has more impurities than the 90% stuff. But, I think any extras (besides organics like scents, so dont buy the scented stuff) would likely be water so it would end up evaporating off in the end. I dont really know any of this for sure though because I just get reagent grade iso from a chemical supply company and I have not bought or read a bottle of rubbing alcohol in a long time. Does it say whats in it on the label?

itriplots,

lwien

itriplots said:
lwien said:
indigal said:
It depends on the purity of your rubbing alcohol. The cheaper 70% stuff has more impurities than the 90% stuff. But, I think any extras (besides organics like scents, so dont buy the scented stuff) would likely be water so it would end up evaporating off in the end. I dont really know any of this for sure though because I just get reagent grade iso from a chemical supply company and I have not bought or read a bottle of rubbing alcohol in a long time. Does it say whats in it on the label?
Active ingredient...........70% Isopropyl Alcohol
Inactive ingredients.......water

"Does not contain grain or ethyl alcohol and is not intended for internal use."

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Pseudonymous said:
Depending if your state sells it, it isnt that expensive... and you get alot.
I can get a 5th of the 95% everclear for 18 bux here. Dunno how much it cost elsewhere. Advantage over ISO is you can drink the end product. I've done this on multiple occasions. However I don't drink, so the alcohol tends too override the high for me.

DevoTheStrange,

vape4health

I tried to get Everclear in PA and they said nope .

Is it illegal for me to have Everclear shipped to me , what I mean is , is it the everclear thats illegal or is it just selling it in a PA state store is illegal . I tried some of the iso soak , it did give me a buzz when vaped but dude it tasted like shit . I'm sure I rushed it so thats probly the reason for the bad taste but I would much rather use something that was intended for consumption . Then I can hit the hot chocolate with some golden dragon . :ko:

vape4health,

vape4health

Far , I'm in southwest PA . I have some moonshine but I have no idea what kind of equipment was used to make it , could be full of lead or worse for all I know .

vape4health,

indigal

Amongst the corn
Frickr said:
indigal said:
Pseudonymous said:
that is a great idea! i want some stiff thc laden drinks! what does this taste like, and how much do you use? do you mix this?? im intrigued do share more!!

i think i may go pick up a bottle of everclear here after the hollidays, moneys a little tight at the moment. but please do share! :lol:
Well, last time I did it- I soaked my IO stem in a couple shots worth of the hi-test Everclear. It's color went from clear to very light straw. I had about 1.5-2T in a glass of grapefruit juice (I've made green dragon and wrongly assumed the potency would be similar.) Tasted ok, got a tiny weedy flavor- not bad at all. Was waaay too strong. Had a great rise, terrifying peak, and fun decline. There's a whole golden dragon thread here someplace. I wouldn't recommend building a cocktail around it. Just not a great flavor to work with, imo.

I only use Everclear to clean my IO & PD stems, for this reason.. why waste?

indigal,
Top Bottom