Phase3 Vaporizers

RedZep

For day in-day out use I prefer the 16MM format personally for my style of vaping. But I’ve been vaping since 2012 so I’ve had a lot of time to figure out exactly what kind of a hit I’m looking for.

I’m always reminding folks that my first seven versions were 20MM. If you read the reviews on my site, most people using the ZX as their daily driver are coming from larger ball vapes.

Although now that the ZXL is out some have added that to the starting lineup. I’ve had multiple customers send me before and after photos of their vape station, telling me that the ZX + ZXL retired their entire fleet.

It’s a nice feeling that even with all the competition my work still stands out. I still remember in December of 2019, thinking to myself - do I just buy another Flowerpot - a WeedEater; or do I finally create this purpose built, coil powered, ruby ball vape I’ve been thinking about for two years? I believe that choice changed the industry forever.

I do think there’s a perception problem that the 16MM is not going to be “strong/big enough” as people compare the bowl size to a portable and think that’s all there is to it. For example even my TM2 actually has a larger bowl than my ZX.

I’m confident the ZX has more power on demand than any portable can offer and I demonstrate that often when showing the faster extraction rate of the ZX.

People are always telling me how they find the ZX their favorite out of all of their other larger ball vapes.

Although now that the ZXL is out some have added that to the starting lineup. I’ve had multiple customers send me before and after photos of their vape station, telling me that the ZX + ZXL retired their entire fleet.

Here’s a few recent family photos sent to me in the last week or two from happy Z Tribe members!

48-D80479-53-FA-4-BC2-B65-B-E58-A62344-C5-D.jpg

A9-A8-D5-A1-DCBC-49-B0-8630-3-BFB5-C955-E2-B.jpg

3-E1-A241-E-3402-420-D-80-C4-003-AE04-CD87-F.jpg

Yes and yes!

Also the 25MM wireless is going to be wild, I’m super stoked about how it’s looking, and I came up with something for it yesterday that’s going to make it even more next level. Definitely getting excited to show off some new P3 experiences!
Does anyone have the lowdown on the wood handle in the first pic? Is it a commissioned piece? I couldn't find it on Ed's site.

RedZep

For day in-day out use I prefer the 16MM format personally for my style of vaping. But I’ve been vaping since 2012 so I’ve had a lot of time to figure out exactly what kind of a hit I’m looking for.

I’m always reminding folks that my first seven versions were 20MM. If you read the reviews on my site, most people using the ZX as their daily driver are coming from larger ball vapes.

It’s a nice feeling that even with all the competition my work still stands out. I still remember in December of 2019, thinking to myself - do I just buy another Flowerpot - a WeedEater; or do I finally create this purpose built, coil powered, ruby ball vape I’ve been thinking about for two years? I believe that choice changed the industry forever.

I do think there’s a perception problem that the 16MM is not going to be “strong/big enough” as people compare the bowl size to a portable and think that’s all there is to it. For example even my TM2 actually has a larger bowl than my ZX.

I’m confident the ZX has more power on demand than any portable can offer and I demonstrate that often when showing the faster extraction rate of the ZX.

People are always telling me how they find the ZX their favorite out of all of their other larger ball vapes.

Here’s a few recent family photos sent to me in the last week or two from happy Z Tribe members!

48-D80479-53-FA-4-BC2-B65-B-E58-A62344-C5-D.jpg

A9-A8-D5-A1-DCBC-49-B0-8630-3-BFB5-C955-E2-B.jpg

3-E1-A241-E-3402-420-D-80-C4-003-AE04-CD87-F.jpg

Yes and yes!

Also the 25MM wireless is going to be wild, I’m super stoked about how it’s looking, and I came up with something for it yesterday that’s going to make it even more next level. Definitely getting excited to show off some new P3 experiences!
Yeah despite saying I prefer 16mm, I have to admit those pics are making me question myself :lol:

I'll wait to my 16mm ZX is here. If I prefer larger hits I will think about picking up the XL.

I'm most intrigued by the conduction concept. After my ZX arrives, my line up is perfect, apart from missing a conduction piece. I don't think there are many good conduction vapes on the market imo. So I would be very enticed by that.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
QFT, when I want a bigger hit I use my Sticky Brick bowl with ZX. It holds as much or more than the bigger ball vape bowls, and ZX has never hesitated to produce thick, milky white hits that go far beyond my lung capacity.

As I’ve said before I assume @invertedisdead got the same deal from the guy downstairs as James Brown did.

Used to use my Brick with my earlier quartz 1.5!

Thanks, man! When you're excited, we're excited. The Zs are always turned on and turning me on at my house, I still can't get over how much I enjoy them. Got my 25mm axial coil set up and ready, can't wait to try the pen!

Getting back in the game for sure!
I want to elevate this company to a new level and I'm excited to show off some cool new stuff soon.
I have so many new devices and accessories I want to start making, it's hard to even pick one.

As always thanks so much for holding down the Z Tribe!!

Those look like Ed’s wood WPAs repurposed as handles, but I could be wrong!

You nailed it, they're Woodscents WPA's that my customer modified into handles.

They came out great!

Yeah despite saying I prefer 16mm, I have to admit those pics are making me question myself :lol:

I'll wait to my 16mm ZX is here. If I prefer larger hits I will think about picking up the XL.

I'm most intrigued by the conduction concept. After my ZX arrives, my line up is perfect, apart from missing a conduction piece. I don't think there are many good conduction vapes on the market imo. So I would be very enticed by that.

That should be a good one :brow: it's got about 4 years worth of ideas piled into one unit.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I got a Sticky bowl with my Hot Rod originally, but you can buy them individually. You just need to leave a little clearance above the load as the head seats down in a bit. But you can get a lot in there, milks up the Goo Roo very nice!

coolbreeze

I got a Sticky bowl with my Hot Rod originally, but you can buy them individually. You just need to leave a little clearance above the load as the head seats down in a bit. But you can get a lot in there, milks up the Goo Roo very nice!

The fancy SBL bowls at @VGOODIEZ are an upgraded design from what shipped with the Hot Rod. They've added a wider, tapered ledge and most 18mm heads should fit. The ZXL fits it well.The SX fits down inside and seems to seal. The picture on the SBL page for the bowl looks like the original design, fwiw.
20230206_160523.jpg
IMG-7246.jpg

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I've never used a diffuser head, and I don't see an advantage, especially when the zbowls are so good.

Please, someone enlighten me... What am I missing? 😁 TIA
You get a very even roast and usually great flavor at low temps. The Z bowls accomplish that with their design exploiting aspects of that system.

Only downsides really are load size, if that's an issue, and whether it fits well on many bowls, as it requires a fit, and there's a good bit of variance across heads and bowls. The latter should be no big deal as these will be pieces built for each other; hopefully they will fit other gear as well. I've been surprised how much I like the diffusers I've used--I'm kind of new to them--despite an inclination toward smaller loads. Kind of a cool way to round out the kit, imho. Although I'd be happy with the whole lineup in wireless, too. ; )
Do you guys want to see drilled screens or mesh in the ball housing?
Would mesh be better for keeping things nice and even? A stiff screen in a well-designed ledge would be my preference if there's any potential performance qualms.
Any bowl size wishlist?
Switchable o-ringed joints? I'd grab a 10mm as well as 14 and 18mm, myself. If not, either's fine with me. Some diff-users look for conduction options; are there any plans along those lines?

A half-bowl screen ledge like the Screwbowl's would be really useful.

This is gonna be fun! :clap::rockon:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well I thought I was pretty much done with the design but after seeing such a sweeping vote I decided to just start a new draft as I need to rearrange a few things and design a new bowl.

You get a very even roast and usually great flavor at low temps. The Z bowls accomplish that with their design exploiting aspects of that system.

Only downsides really are load size, if that's an issue, and whether it fits well on many bowls, as it requires a fit, and there's a good bit of variance across heads and bowls. The latter should be no big deal as these will be pieces built for each other; hopefully they will fit other gear as well. I've been surprised how much I like the diffusers I've used--I'm kind of new to them--despite an inclination toward smaller loads. Kind of a cool way to round out the kit, imho. Although I'd be happy with the whole lineup in wireless, too. ; )

Yeah if I want to tuck the bowl into the vape head for a clean look it doesn't seem like the bowl is really that huge, even on a 25MM head. I guess a bowl for a 25MM head is about the size of the ZXL bowl, maybe smaller than the ZXL bowl actually?

I haven't built a diffuser since 2020/2021 or so. Those designs tend to dump more heat into the bowl. The Z line has originally been intended to be 100% ultra pure convection just like the forefather, the Glass Symphony, so minimizing heat into the bowl has been important, though it seems like people are looking for that now.

I'm not totally sure if it will fit anyone else's gear, I think the others all are just essentially a tube sitting on another tube? I'm thinking of building in a reverse taper like a female joint, so it will seat like the ZX/L. Well that's how I built my last diffuser design a few years ago.

Would mesh be better for keeping things nice and even? A stiff screen in a well-designed ledge would be my preference if there's any potential performance qualms.

I'm thinking of doing a drilled screen design, but ship them with a top and bottom mesh screens so you can either run it without any metal screens at all, in the heater, or you can install the metal screens and they will act as a spacer to provide better airflow through the drilled screen as it keeps beads completely out of the holes. Up to the user. :sherlock:

Switchable o-ringed joints? I'd grab a 10mm as well as 14 and 18mm, myself. If not, either's fine with me. Some diff-users look for conduction options; are there any plans along those lines?

A half-bowl screen ledge like the Screwbowl's would be really useful.

These diffuser designs are naturally going to have more conduction as you're nestling the herb closer to the hottest part of the system. But I will use my materials knowledge and all my tricks to try and keep it focused on convection.

Not sure about the different joint sizes, I have to design a new bowl so I'll have to see what it looks like and whether that would work well or not.

Thanks for your input!

I've never used a diffuser head, and I don't see an advantage, especially when the zbowls are so good.

Please, someone enlighten me... What am I missing? 😁 TIA

The only real advantage I know of is when the heater is on the outside of the bowl if there's herb crumbs or resin in the bowl when you insert the heater, sometimes it gets on the male joint of the heater. But the same thing can happen on a diffuser if there's crumbs on the outside of the bowl so it's just inversely proportional. If you vape a lot of sift or hash a diffuser is probably better.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Thanks for those insights guys, it's very helpful.

I guess it's mostly a preference thing then. I suppose if I'm going to try a diffuser ever, I'll probably get one of the best experiences from a phase 3 version. Hmmmm... Interesting times ahead!

MennilTossFlykune

Hey @invertedisdead I was wondering if you would be open to posting your stuff more on r/vaporents. I feel like that's a place where you can get a lot of new eyes on your products. It's a weird place if you're not hyping one of the usual suspects; the few of us who mention Phase3 are occasionally downvoted by the other companies' fanboys for bucking the norm - but hopefully that dies off. There just isn't a lot of info present about the ZX outside this long thread, so there are just a couple of us who will try to hype up the ZX whenever someone is asking for recommendations, but I feel like it would be a big help to have the inventor on there posting about the benefits of it. Maybe you've tried that and the traction isn't there, I'm just thinking about what I've been observing and wanting to help your business.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey @invertedisdead I was wondering if you would be open to posting your stuff more on r/vaporents. I feel like that's a place where you can get a lot of new eyes on your products. It's a weird place if you're not hyping one of the usual suspects; the few of us who mention Phase3 are occasionally downvoted by the other companies' fanboys for bucking the norm - but hopefully that dies off. There just isn't a lot of info present about the ZX outside this long thread, so there are just a couple of us who will try to hype up the ZX whenever someone is asking for recommendations, but I feel like it would be a big help to have the inventor on there posting about the benefits of it. Maybe you've tried that and the traction isn't there, I'm just thinking about what I've been observing and wanting to help your business.

I need to post a lot more content in general for sure. I try to let my products speak for themselves but I guess it’s not really enough these days.

Maybe I should start a new thread the next time I announce a new product.

There’s definitely some cool people over there, but I do remember some of the comments about my Z8 😅

I think what you’re seeing over there with a few products always being recommended and defended is a fairly accurate reflection of the market though. It becomes self sustaining for a few and the rest get drowned out. It happens a lot with businesses.

The main problem with the Z line is there’s not enough people who demand this ultra pure design angle I’ve been trying to go after. If more people demanded that I wouldn’t really even have much competition. I knew all of that already and had even developed a new vape based completely on affordability, but rather then trust my gut for marketability I ended up following my heart and made what I wanted to personally use - the biomedical grade 100% ultra pure convection PHASE3 ZX. 😅😂😅

Farid

The main problem with the Z line is there’s not enough people who demand this ultra pure design angle I’ve been trying to go after. If more people demanded that I wouldn’t really even have much competition. I knew all of that already and had even developed a new vape based completely on affordability, but rather then trust my gut for marketability I ended up following my heart and made what I wanted to personally use - the biomedical grade 100% ultra pure convection PHASE3 ZX. 😅😂😅

I think within the community of vaporizer enthusiasts, you're correct that many people do not demand pure materials since they are already so comfortable with various metals.

I've noticed it's the more normie stoners who tend to be the most uncomfortable with metals, due to preconceived notions about metal bowls, titanium nails, etc. The problem is this same group is the least aware of the vaporizer industry, and know about the Volcano and Arizer and not much else.

With that in mind you might have luck on grow forums, industry forums, and hash forums. Places like future4200 for instance. Most of them have never heard of ball vapes, but are already very familiar with enail gear.

coolbreeze

I think within the community of vaporizer enthusiasts, you're correct that many people do not demand pure materials since they are already so comfortable with various metals.

I've noticed it's the more normie stoners who tend to be the most uncomfortable with metals, due to preconceived notions about metal bowls, titanium nails, etc. The problem is this same group is the least aware of the vaporizer industry, and know about the Volcano and Arizer and not much else.

With that in mind you might have luck on grow forums, industry forums, and hash forums. Places like future4200 for instance. Most of them have never heard of ball vapes, but are already very familiar with enail gear.
I keep picturing a Z setup on the counter at your glass shop. "Flower dabs" seems like an ideal way to introduce flower vaping to concentrate heads.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

That’s totally my experience as well.

I remember in 2017 how excited I was to show my friends my Flowerpot Showerhead - but many refused to even try it due to the metal. Lol I remember giving a friend a nice low temp dab and he was so disappointed by it he immediately started torching up a glowing hot quartz dab 😂😂

I have some cool metal vape designs, I just need to roll some of them out and see how they go over.

I keep picturing a Z setup on the counter at your glass shop. "Flower dabs" seems like an ideal way to introduce flower vaping to concentrate heads.

That’s a potential market that I was hoping for some crossover; but my experience suggests that most concentrate enthusiasts really aren’t that interested in a flower hit. I don’t think it’s an easy sell to be honest.

I like the flower dab term, I used that just last night when someone was trying my ZX and I was describing how it works to them.

This is how I explain it to anyone who knows what a dab is. It’s just low grade concentrate vaped using the flower as a wick.

In some ways it could even be interpreted as being higher quality than a lot of concentrates because you get the full undisturbed raw cannabinoid profile.

It’s closer to full melt water hash or dry sift than rosin, which is pretty cool!
Full melt is the 🐐

Id really like to buy one… but the site shows no stock and nothing seems to change 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for your interest! They’re available for preorder reservation if you’d like to guarantee one. Otherwise they should be back in stock in a few weeks, though I can’t guarantee how many will be available in the store as the preorder confirmations receive priority.

Top Bottom