I think it is time to expand my repertoire

Madtater

Hello fellow fuckcombistion peeps.

I have been on this site for a little while, although not even half as long as some of you, and i am enjoying my time here.

Since i have been here, i have researched portables and grabbed a roffu. Liked it so much, my uncle tried it and grabbed one as well.

While i love the roffu, i feel like it is time to expand my toys and to step away from premade 510 carts and pods.

What i would like to get is an enail device with a PID, but i also would like to not smoking flower and would like an injector type device as well.

So my question is, is there a kit that i can do both or is it as easy as selecting which enail device i want and getting an injector cable setup and share the PID OR changing out the head that goes into the coil?I am hoping i dont need to get a separate setup for each.

Is there a kit that will do it all? Not looking to break my piggy bank, but i am not opposed to spending the money for a complete kit either.

This setup would most likely be residing in the garage (as my life boss will not let me vape in the house). I realize i will need a better glass setup (shucks) than what i currently have and am looking at recyclers and ball style glass. I am in new england if that makes a difference for ordering purposes.

Thank you as always for any help. Everyone here is awesome!

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So my question is, is there a kit that i can do both or is it as easy as selecting which enail device i want and getting an injector cable setup (like the anvil) and share the PID OR changing out the head that goes into the coil?I am hoping i dont need to get a separate setup for each.
I just want to make sure I understand. You would like an enail for dabbing and an injector for flower, ideally powered by the same device?

In which case I think that should be no problem. I think you would just want to have a coil for your bangers and a dedicated coil for whatever flower head you have.

Obviously there are heads that work with concentrates. A lot of folks like to just place the dab on top of the head and crank up the heat. I think this works for the occasional dab but doesn't seem ideal to me. Other reasonable people may disagree.

Anyway. I like my Auber RDK 300B, but I think there are lots of great PIDs out there from DC and others. I would just pay attention when ordering coils as the pinouts have at least two standards.

Are you looking for recommendations on coils, heads, and bangers too?

(I am a little unclear because you mentioned Anvil as an injector)

Madtater

You are absolutely correct.

I am looking for one PID that controls both. I am not opposed to having two cables with different heads on them (preferred), i also am not opposed to having to dismantle the coil from the head and change them (less desirable).

Just looking for recommendations on that setup. I was looking at the mininail, but it doesnt look like there is a compatible injector, and only the hybrid banger and quartz drop banger setups.

This is new territory for me. I am trying to do some research, but everything i have been looking at is just one or the other.

I guess what i am saying is that i would like to vape flower with an injector and occasionally a dab or two with the other head like an enail…but i would like one setup. I may not have my terminology correct. Apologies.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I guess what i am sayibg is that i would like to vape flower withe the injector and occasionally a dab or two…but i would like one setup.
That makes sense. The FP B2 is designed for this purpose but I hear mixed reviews on its performance for concentrates. I only have a B1 so I can't say anyfrom my own experience. I have a CC Zeal (SS version) arriving today and I plan to try it with some wax on the top, as well as flower.

My B1 and SX don't seem well suited for this because of the fine mesh screen on the top rather than the metal plate like the Zeal and Taroma.

Of course using vape cotton in a bowl below the head works great, especially for hash. I use the shovelhead bowls without the cotton for bubble hash.

Madtater

That makes sense. The FP B2 is designed for this purpose but I hear mixed reviews on its performance for concentrates. I only have a B1 so I can't say anyfrom my own experience. I have a CC Zeal (SS version) arriving today and I plan to try it with some wax on the top, as well as flower.

My B1 and SX don't seem well suited for this because of the fine mesh screen on the top rather than the metal plate like the Zeal and Taroma.

Of course using vape cotton in a bowl below the head works great, especially for hash. I use the shovelhead bowls without the cotton for bubble hash.
So the controllers are different but the connections are the same? I think this is where i am getting confused and i think it is because i am researching package deals.

So if i understand correctly, i can get whatever controller i want, and then get the cables and heads i want? Or will the xlr type connections be different from device to device?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So the controllers are different but the connections are the same? I think this is where i am getting confused and i think it is because i am researching package deals.

So if i understand correctly, i can get whatever controller i want, and then get the cables and heads i want? Or will the xlr type connections be different from device to device?
It is really confusing. Basically each PID controller has a pinout for the coil cable. Unfortunately the XLR connectors look the same. Almost every head can work with any cable, as long as it has the correct coil size. So I just buy compatible coils for my PID and install the head myself.

Little more information on pinouts:
https://www.cannabishardware.com/blogs/newvape-blog/enail-pinouts-connections

Also I believe you can buy an adapter for cables with the two popular pinouts listed above. Or you can rewire them if you like soldering.

But I just stick to Auber and 710coils and call it good.😃

Madtater

Thank you!

So it isnt the cables i need to get separate , i just need to buy the different heads i want for the coils i get with the controller i have?

That makes it a bit easier. From the sound of it i need to look at controllers first, then look at the heads i want to match the coil(s) i have.

Not gonna be as difficult as i though…..maybe i am overthinking this

Madtater,
Reactions: Grass Yes

coolbreeze

Thank you!

So it isnt the cables i need to get separate , i just need to buy the different heads i want for the coils i get with the controller i have?

That makes it a bit easier. From the sound of it i need to look at controllers first, then look at the heads i want to match the coil(s) i have.

Not gonna be as difficult as i though…..maybe i am overthinking this
Contact @VGOODIEZ and ask. He can set you up with a complete bargain injector setup and probably a second coil and recommendations for buckets, if he doesn't have them himself. He also carries the Goo Roo Klein recycler, a big ol' thing great for high-flow flower vapes (my B0 works great through it). @iDRINKBLEACH is also teasing a new recycler and given his track record for Cloud Connoisseur glass, you might want to wait for that one! ; )

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I highly recommend Quaroma, I have a B2, a Hot Rod and a Ceroma in addition but no matter how many times I try to rotate, I always end up back with the Quaroma. Also, if you don’t mind some minor splice/soldering you can re-wire any 5 pin cables to match the pinout of any 5 pin PID controllers. I use a MiniNail PID to run all of my coils, with a High5 connector re-wired to the most popular pinout (CH).

Vaporware

There are a lot of incompatible coils out there (different pin configurations), but if you buy them from someone who knows what they’re talking about they should be able to tell you if they’re selling you a coil that’s compatible with common contrillers like the Auber RDK300s.

The CH B2 @Grass Yes mentioned is the only one I can think of that does flower and dabs at once (unless you put the concentrate in the bowl with the flower, then any of them work). I have the VRod which is their older model without balls, and I’ll say I think they’re good for people who want to double up at once and people who occasionally use concentrates but mostly stick to flower.

If you’re using both I would look at your options for each side. I like the “ballers” from Phase3 (I have the Z8 but the ZX and even SX should be great too), and a lot of people find just sticking to basic quartz bangers with inserts of other materials is a good option for concentrates, but I use like 95% flower so I’m not the best source of info on that side. :)

coolbreeze

I like the “ballers” from Phase3 (I have the Z8 but the ZX and even SX should be great too)
Agreed these are amazing. @invertedisdead's SX is really excellent, but the Zirconia ZX will be even better. These are optimum for getting a complete roast of a small amount of herbs with the best flavor possible. I constantly return to them for flavor but also because it can handle >.05g loads far better than trying ultra-thin screen loads in larger 16mm injector bowls (the Zs are 14mm injectors; others are 18mm). They roast so well I want to say they have a higher-quality high signature.

Last edited:
Top Bottom