How To Use the New Forum

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'll be putting together some quick tutorials on how to use this forum software. To start, here's a diagram of useful navigation links.

TFIQ8.png

Qbit

cannabanana
Oh movey shifty things - impressive. I love the software, now that I'm using it, and I'm very curious to see how FC is going to develop from here on now that we all have superpowers. :D

One little concern though - I find the colour scheme in the posts harder on my eyes than the old forum. I would prefer that the post content be brighter, as it was on the old forum, for greater contrast with the background. As it is it feels a bit 'muddy' to read. And, although I'm reading this at indoors at night, I imagine it will be tougher to see on a laptop screen in the sunlight (which we get a lot of here in Australia).

My eyes (and I'm guessing others' eyes too) are drawn to the white text, such as the 'Report' link, and the custom title text below our names. If I had a vote I'd say to swap them - brighter post content text, and greyed-out or coloured custom titles and Report links, which are text fields of secondary importance.

Mind you, I like everything about the colour scheme at the top and bottom of the thread pages, with the site section ('Forums') and the thread name in white. And the rest of the site looks great too - not messy at all, and very comfortable on the eye.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Right now there are only two themes, both of which come in two layouts, widescreen and ummm not widescreen. (I don't know why they call them that because the real difference is that the widescreen version is fluid width and the other one is fixed width.) You can switch in your preferences dialog, or just click on the theme name in the lower left corner of the page to bring up the style chooser. I'm using xF wide, which has a white background. I never liked the dark FC background.

pakalolo,

placetime

One little concern though - I find the colour scheme in the posts harder on my eyes than the old forum. I would prefer that the post content be brighter, as it was on the old forum, for greater contrast with the background. As it is it feels a bit 'muddy' to read. And, although I'm reading this at indoors at night, I imagine it will be tougher to see on a laptop screen in the sunlight (which we get a lot of here in Australia).

My eyes (and I'm guessing others' eyes too) are drawn to the white text, such as the 'Report' link, and the custom title text below our names. If I had a vote I'd say to swap them - brighter post content text, and greyed-out or coloured custom titles and Report links, which are text fields of secondary importance.

I agree. For the most part I really like the new setup, but I also think that the text should be just a little bit brighter (like the middle option here: http://199.180.254.136/threads/this-forum-sucks.5288/ ). I also think that the blue theme in the "quoted text" is much too bright in contrast to the rest of the page. :2c:
:peace:

placetime,

NineDelta

Vaporize is health
Forum is beautiful, I like this change :tup:

There are new interesting tools, good advances

Congratulations for your work :clap:

:leaf:

NineDelta,

cluffy

Vaker
Question: How do add/invite people to conversations? There is the option to allow additional invitations, but no link to make them. Or is that feature disabled?

cluffy,

xivyx420

Thank you! I am kind of technologically challenged so things like this and the site being so user friendly really helps me out. I would love to be more active in forums and this helps me do so and be able to navigate through the site :)

xivyx420,

panasonic

Hey vtac, I like the new forum software and interface, but is there any way to navigate intraforum links? Looks like the old ones don't work

panasonic,
Top Bottom