Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Has this been (officially) confirmed? I was wondering whether this would be the case (and if so, awesome!)
Yes.

I'd be excited to see how the XL will perform wireless. Looks like there's lots of extra mass!
This was shot wireless. you can see the port at the end.

I will try to put some more infos up asap.
happy weekend!

bestvaping

Are we to understand that this is the same heating element as on the original model? if not, what is the power rating of the 18mm version? the overall dimensions of the log remain the same? so the wooden sleeves are compatible with both versions? can't wait to see the new mouthpieces with the larger herb chamber :brow:

Edit: I've just noticed that Dougs Woodery mouthpieces work wonderfully with the wooden sleeve of the glass mouthpiece (just add an O-ring or two from a Dynavap tip, as shown below). It can be very interesting if you already have both vaporizers (and O-rings or a DV).

Also works with Dynabox mouthpiece for bricks:

And with DW 12" MP:

(caution: this will toggle the CL, but will extract a huge (and very tasty) hit in no time at all)

And the tiny version (original NOVA):

(beware of glass variations: dimples must be completely covered by the O-ring to avoid air leaks (place it as low as possible))

Personally I find it very functional :)

Re Edit: here are just a few more options, Ed'sTNT PipeScents glass heat intake works like a charm :tup:

My SBL Jr MP fits perfectly without even needing an O-ring (Ø12.8mm OD for SBL and Ø12mm OD for DW/Ed'sTNT/Dynabox (that require an O-ring)):

(unfortunately, the other SBL MP I have don't fit as well and there's not enough space to add an O-ring which makes them unusable)

Then I recovered the glass from an old combustion pipe (7pipe Twisty Glass) and I made myself a nice MP to use with a dome screen (without the herb chamber), it's very nice for on-demand:

I imagine there must be a lot of options available to try, the best would be to find Ø13mm OD glass like the original so as not to have to use a O-ring with the wooden sleeve. At the moment I'm enjoying the contact of the glass directly with the log and this opens up enormous filling possibilities :wave:

Last edited:

BreadStick

Has anyone tried running the couchlog on a box mod like the zenith? I made my own set up to power the CL using a dreamwood glow deck, some 3 core cable and a barrel jack connector I had lying around
PXL-20240225-172115447-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20240225-172229627.jpg
PXL-20240225-172219210.jpg

I set the mod to 30W it has the lamart firmware. I just updated the BAKx config's resistance and tried running it for a bit without the heat sleeve. The CL heated up pretty quick but the mod wasn't giving me much info because the resistance was too high on the coil. Ideally I'd like to try build a tfr curve and try create my own custom profile on a mod to run this better but I've no experience doing so. I'm assuming the the heater can handle more than 12W so my goal here is to try make the CL respond faster to cooling during draws.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
**CouchLog XL**

**Heater:**
- 18mm Injector heater

**Power:**
- OG and XL utilize the same controller, cables, and power supply.
- XL features a larger heating cartridge than the OG.
- Device consumes approximately 16W at maximum.
- Wooden Bowl requires 11.5W.

**Mouthpiece:**
- No Mouthpiece!
- The OG Mouthpiece is compatible with the XL heater.
- While it doesn't seal perfectly like the OG, it functions good.

**Bowl:**
- Wooden Bowl: 14mm Diameter, 10mm Depth

**Volume:**
- Herbchamber (OG): 785mm³ (Ø 10mm / Depth 10mm)
- Wooden Bowl (XL): 1540mm³ (Ø 14mm / Depth 10mm)

**Performance:**
- "I can't feel my face"

**Early Adopter Kits:**
- Only 10 Kits available for the first drop.
- All Kits include an 18mm injector glass bowl.
- 5x Padouk (390€)
- 5x Grenadill (405€)

**Additional Option:**
- If you don't need the controller, power supply, or cable, you can add the code: NoController
to get it 110€ cheaper.

dudeguy

Would the CL be a good Ballvape if you only want to own one? My tolerance isn't super high so I guess the "normal" version is fine for me as long as it can fit 0.2g.
I was also thinking about the Phase 3 ZX or The Tempest but import fees would make them even more expensive than the CL so those are probably not worth it for me :hmm:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Would the CL be a good Ballvape if you only want to own one? My tolerance isn't super high so I guess the "normal" version is fine for me as long as it can fit 0.2g.
I love my CouchLog. It's one of my absolute favorite vapes. However it's different from a coil-driven ball vape in a lot of ways. It might be those ways are why you are interested in it.
I think it's more flexible than a normal ball vape. I really don't use those for a nice long daytime session. Both can crush a bowl, but the CL does require learning a technique compared to some ball vapes. I know some folks just can't get the temperature and the draw that is comfortable for them.
I was also thinking about the Phase 3 ZX or The Tempest but import fees would make them even more expensive than the CL so those are probably not worth it for me :hmm:
I don't have a tempest. I'm not really into that style. I have a ZX. I like it but I prefer the CouchLog. I won't dive into comparisons here because it is against the rules in product threads. Feel free to search the site for threads about that or ask for comparisons in the Ask FC section.

coolbreeze

For me it could be my only ball vape. I am not a microdoser but I do prefer to load smaller amounts for better flavor, and I try to keep my consumption in check. The ZX is more powerful, but the Couch Log has the advantage of its direct-hit capability which is like having a second vape. Flavor-wise they are both top-notch.

Edit: the CLXL would be a no-brainer. It looks like it could easily be a one-and-only ball vape.

Last edited:

sonti

After around 2 years (I think) of almost permanent daily use my heating unit sadly stopped getting hot today after plugging it in. Not sure if there is any way to trouble shoot this or if there would be any benefit to sending this to you to have a look at? @Chris@420Eng (since im in germany as well). On the positive side, I just saw that there is a XL now

3drt

I got the OG a month ago, and it's just so wonderful that of course I couldn't resist the CLXL🫠 Pulled the trigger on the grenadill one since my cocobolo OG has grenadill controller anyway, and with nocontroller code it hurt my wallet a tiny bit less lol. Now I'm dying for it to arrive!!🥵

Razhumikin

A beautiful XL in Padouk is in its way to me! Should be here on Monday and I cannot wait to begin testing. When I asked, Chris said he is using it at 4 on the dial, so i will start there and then see if it needs adjustment for my personal use case.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
A beautiful XL in Padouk is in its way to me! Should be here on Monday and I cannot wait to begin testing. When I asked, Chris said he is using it at 4 on the dial, so i will start there and then see if it needs adjustment for my personal use case.
That's great! Please report back. I'm especially interested in how it functions wirelessly and how much more heat capacity it has compared to the OG CL.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
@Vapvana managed to make the perfect couch log scoop. I dont think he is going to be ordering a run of these so Im happy I snagged one, but it is about the perfect size for the couch log bowl. This is about as excited as I have ever been for a scoop.

It's made by Crossing Technology. You can find it a few places online,if you don't want to buy the full Screwball kit:

Pcloudy

It's made by Crossing Technology. You can find it a few places online,if you don't want to buy the full Screwball kit:

Thats good to know, for anyone wondering its a great sized scoop for the couchlog. A little to big for dynavaps though.

sickmanfraud

DHL, customs clearance, and VAT combined cost me an additional $154!!

My estimated date is the 11th of March.

Until then I will have to depend on the other XL buyers posting pictures and reviews.

Edited to add:

The ATM is what I’m thinking about trying it on, I run all of my logs on one now except for the E-nanos. Thanks.

When you say ATM you don't mean Automated Teller Machine, so what is it?

Last edited:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
DHL, customs clearance, and VAT combined cost me an additional $154!!

My estimated date is the 11th of March.

Until then I will have to depend on the other XL buyers posting pictures and reviews.

Edited to add:

When you say ATM you don't mean Automated Teller Machine, so what is it?

3drt

Ok, first impressions: can definetely confirm wireless, big hit, serious clouds - it handled it! I'm using it with a glass bowI so had to turn it up to 6.5ish, and performance-wise I find it superb, and definitely more powerful than OG. Got new glass today too, and this is easily one of the hottest setups in my modest collection now:)
20240301-203530.jpg

What a lovely rainy Friday evening😊

Top Bottom