Chaos by Phattpiggie

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
Been enjoying the Chaos this entire week and I can say I really like it. Only have been using it with a torch and find it very enjoyable and intimate experience. I will heat the head to soak it and let it rest for a minute or so while I load a bowl. I then will get a very flavorful hit (producing a hay color toast), to which I then heat the head for another 5 seconds and totally annihilate the rest of the bowl (fully processed to a coffee color).

someTooL

Question for the early tester group. Was the TA adapter included and did you test with it?

Asking only because after installing and testing it out, it will probably stay in mine forever now.

It still works perfectly with the Chaos WPA bowl and fits nicely into my glass bowls.

My testing (with some majors breaks between lol) has proven a more even roast with now only stirring at the end for a cleanup.

Try it, you may feel the same. May not :tup:

someTooL

Would love to see more photos of it set up with the TA! Nice to hear how well it works
Unfortunately I have not been able to obtain a TA. Patiently waiting.

Just to be clear what I’m speaking of is adding the TA adapter and snap ring to the Chaos (one of piggy’s pics on a prior post) and using with the Chaos bowl or other laying around. Changes the airflow dynamics and maybe even a little more heat mass from the SS adapter.

Alex3oe

Accessory Maker
Can’t wait to get my Chaos from the post office tomorrow morning. Sadly I’ve not been at home on Saturday, when it arrived. Phatpiggie sent it over here in only three days, thanks a lot.

Hope I can write a few words about my experience within the next week.

coolbreeze

A little late-night Chaos. Cheers!
IMG-6879-CROP.jpg

I am really loving me some Chaos! I've only used it with a torch for a few days until my coil came but I gotta say, I really like that you can do either. Now that I have the coil, it's finally at home in my ironwood coil box. I also made a little half bowl converter out of some thin stainless steel sheet metal. I cut it into a little strip and formed a ring and set it at the bottom of the bowl and set the screen on top. It works great if don't want that large a bowl all the time.

coolbreeze

I have to know! What is that piece you are using with the Chaos?
That is a Lotus pipe/desktop vapor rig by @CDXX Pipes. That 18mm handmade joint usually has a black 18-14mm GG adapter for the Lotus, bong bricks, ball injector chambers, Anvil, etc. Plenty of cooling. It's held to the base by magnets, which can also stabilize it on a metal tray. It's like a wooden desktop/handheld j-hook, stable enough for any heavy.

cginsd

That is a Lotus pipe/desktop vapor rig by @CDXX Pipes. That 18mm handmade joint usually has a black 18-14mm GG adapter for the Lotus, bong bricks, ball injector chambers, Anvil, etc. Plenty of cooling. It's held to the base by magnets, which can also stabilize it on a metal tray. It's like a wooden desktop/handheld j-hook, stable enough for any heavy.
Thank you so much. I will check them out, it's a beautiful piece. The stability is huge with my cats!

PeePhlegm

Been using the Chaos with a torch exclusively.

Been using a chef's torch, not quite as large as the big shot. It's giving a really nice gold colour over time as opposed to the blue colour from the high heat.

Takes about 35-40 seconds for first few hits, with reheats of about 5-7 seconds only. Didn't think it would work so well without the huge torch but it really does.

Has anyone used a Blazer Big Buddy? Been thinking of picking one up.

coolbreeze

Been using the Chaos with a torch exclusively.

Been using a chef's torch, not quite as large as the big shot. It's giving a really nice gold colour over time as opposed to the blue colour from the high heat.

Takes about 35-40 seconds for first few hits, with reheats of about 5-7 seconds only. Didn't think it would work so well without the huge torch but it really does.

Has anyone used a Blazer Big Buddy? Been thinking of picking one up.
That's what I used, the Big Buddy. Worked like a charm but I don't recall timings. : /

coolbreeze,
Top Bottom