Camouflet Zooter

Smknbud

Got it yesterday.

I’ve got some Thai Banana cold cure rosin that I’m using while trying to dial in the Zooter. I’m def still in the learning curve without question.

I’m using the Wand for heating and the one big pia with it is that you can’t visually see inside the bowl of the Zooter while heating up so some timing is still being worked out. Also notable is that the silicone sleeve that fits onto the end of the glass sleeve can’t be on when using the Wand, it just doesn’t fit when on. That only sucks because that’s what you use to spin the glass sleeve when it’s hot to access/clean/fill the bowl.

I’ve initially set my Wand to 375F since that’s the temp. I use for Rosin on my battery concentrate devices and that seems to work ok with the Zooter for the moment but as it's the Wand I'm sure I'll be playing around with that and am certainly open for suggestions. I’m not getting dense clouds, but the taste and the effects are clearly there and remind me of my Cricket, which for the devices I own is a benchmark, so that is a good thing indeed.

Much more experimenting is in order.

174385208.jpg

174385209.jpg

Texus

Got it yesterday.

I’ve got some Thai Banana cold cure rosin that I’m using while trying to dial in the Zooter. I’m def still in the learning curve without question.

I’m using the Wand for heating and the one big pia with it is that you can’t visually see inside the bowl of the Zooter while heating up so some timing is still being worked out. Also notable is that the silicone sleeve that fits onto the end of the glass sleeve can’t be on when using the Wand, it just doesn’t fit when on. That only sucks because that’s what you use to spin the glass sleeve when it’s hot to access/clean/fill the bowl.

I’ve initially set my Wand to 375F since that’s the temp. I use for Rosin on my battery concentrate devices and that seems to work ok with the Zooter for the moment but as it's the Wand I'm sure I'll be playing around with that and am certainly open for suggestions. I’m not getting dense clouds, but the taste and the effects are clearly there and remind me of my Cricket, which for the devices I own is a benchmark, so that is a good thing indeed.

Much more experimenting is in order.

174385208.jpg

174385209.jpg
I think that your issue is likely that 375 on the Wand isn't actually a measured temperature. That is the CALCULATED temperature based on the time the IH is on when paired with the iSpire IH Wand bowl. So you will need to play around with the various temps to see which keeps the IH on long enough to get the hit you want from the Zooter. Or just time it directly. A bit of trial and erros but shouldn't take too much time to dial in. And I am sure others here will also post their preferred timing on both the Inductor (well timing and voltage there) and the Wand.

EDIT: Thanks to whoever removed the duplicate posts. Weird internet issues when I hit send...

Last edited:
Texus,
Reactions: Smknbud

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I really love this little pipe, but I’m having trouble getting it to work well. It’s a somewhat manual experience so dialing it in will take time, I get that, my main issue has been retention of the glass housing. In one orientation it has almost no retention whatsoever; in the other it has good retention in the chamber open position, but when the chamber is closed for use the glass will slide open if it’s angled down even slightly or if bumped.

Just wondering if that’s been typical or if my glass is somehow out a bit. Like I say, I love the pipe itself, when I was able to get something going it was cool and tasty!

Timps27,

Smknbud

I really love this little pipe, but I’m having trouble getting it to work well. It’s a somewhat manual experience so dialing it in will take time, I get that, my main issue has been retention of the glass housing. In one orientation it has almost no retention whatsoever; in the other it has good retention in the chamber open position, but when the chamber is closed for use the glass will slide open if it’s angled down even slightly or if bumped.

Just wondering if that’s been typical or if my glass is somehow out a bit. Like I say, I love the pipe itself, when I was able to get something going it was cool and tasty!

I noticed the tolerance difference in my glass sleeve also, but in my case it's snug or extra snug when orientation rotated so I'm not getting any slippage. Does your ball bearing feel like it can be compressed and spring back slightly? Mine does.

For those who own one, how's the cleaning?

Pretty easy for most part even though there's some tight crevices to contend with. I've done iso swab so far but could easily just throw it all in an iso bath.

Smknbud,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I was skeptical at first, and accept the fact that with white zirconia the stain in the chamber is what it is (unless someone can school me on cleaner that works with that) but this thing produces one of the most tastiest concentrate hits I've ever had! :myday: up there with the Kettle!:tup:

Texus

I was skeptical at first, and accept the fact that with white zirconia the stain in the chamber is what it is (unless someone can school me on cleaner that works with that) but this thing produces one of the most tastiest concentrate hits I've ever had! :myday: up there with the Kettle!:tup:
What do you have the Imductor voltage set at?

Camouflet

Manufacturer
If you've ever wanted to win a free Camouflet Inductor and Zooter now is your chance!

Make sure to join our FC members giveaway for your chance to win an Inductor and 1x Camouflet creation of your choice to add to your collection!

🎩

Giveaway thread link below:

Texus

I've had the Zooter a week or so now, and I've been enjoying it a ton. Really innovative design, and such satisfying hits. Not too hot or harsh at all, and it is a lovely sipping experience that is full of flavor. And takes a ridiculously short time to get a hit.

As @Custom Flower Hardware mentioned, it is tough to keep the ceramic area around the heater pristine white. But if that is the only downside, this is a huge winner.

Makes the Inductor that much more of a next level IH!

With no temp or timer function, you do need to find a way to ensure you get consistent hits the old fashioned way. You can just wait until you see the concentrate bubbling or you see a lil bit of condensation on the glass from when the concentrate begins to vaporize.

Just a stunner.

I've barely used my Dnail Universal Heater Station since it arrived. Haven't compared side by side yet, but both of these are really superb dabbing developments.

Texus

I gave my Zooter some time in hot Dark Crystal today, and after that loosened things up, I could scrape most of the black stuff off with a pointy wood skewer (wood is soft enough that it can scrape without scratching the ceramic).

Dark Crystal is the best stuff I've ever used for these sorts of dab residue, chazzed bangers etc.

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Zooter tips:

We've found that setting the Inductor voltage to 24 works well with the Zooter and Banger. Both devices require some time for the heat to transfer between the induction cores(metal) to the dabbing surface area(ceramic - Zooter , quartz - Banger) and we want to avoid overshooting the temperature. A gradual heat up seems to be friendlier with extracts.

You can watch the extracts melt and begin to boil through the glass cover window. Take a draw at the first sign of extracts being fully melted. If it still needs more heat apply 3-5 second bursts to reach desired temperature. Another technique that has been quite satisfying is inhaling while heating Zooter with the Inductor or Wand. This takes a bit more coordination but becomes familiar quickly, similar to lighting a pipe and inhaling at the same time.

Keeping Zooter flat while in use will have the best results. Even though the metal induction core wraps all the way around the underside and side walls of the Zooter chamber/dish, we want to keep Zooter flat while inhaling so the material can touch the hot surface area at the bottom of the chamber.

DO NOT TOUCH THE HOT GLASS WITHOUT THE SILICONE ATTACHED!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I gave my Zooter some time in hot Dark Crystal today, and after that loosened things up, I could scrape most of the black stuff off with a pointy wood skewer (wood is soft enough that it can scrape without scratching the ceramic).

Dark Crystal is the best stuff I've ever used for these sorts of dab residue, chazzed bangers etc.
Oh I have that! Gotta try it!!:nod::clap::tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,

Camouflet

Manufacturer
DSC00646.jpg

Zooter is made of two Polished Zirconia Ceramic halves and a Glass cover that slides over the bowl. This design makes it possible to expose the entire air path for easy cleaning, preserving great flavor every use. The Zirconia rib down the center acts as a cooling fin keeping vapor temperature under control even with such a short airpath.

Last edited:

Camouflet

Manufacturer
Zooter Update:

For those who've been asking, we've had great success using a single flame torch to heat the Zooter. We recommend a single flame torch with a traditional "vertical flame delivery", ie flame pointing upwards from lighter. A torch lighter that has an angled delivery will be more challenging to use accurately/target the Zooter chamber but it still possible to achieve good results.

Remove the metal induction core from the Zooter and aim the flame at the base of the exposed ceramic chamber. Heating will take anywhere from 10-25 seconds to attain desired temperatures.

Pro tip: With all heating methods, Inductor, torch lighter or Wand, it is best practice to place the material directly in the centre of the Zooter chamber. You want to avoid placing it on the sidewalls or too far to the front or back of the chamber. This will provide optimal results.

Zooter_Flame_2.jpg

Top Bottom