Butane torch thread

sedentree

For reference, here is photo of the Sealey and Ronxs (with bonus TA3, Vapman and TM2)

IMG-3897.jpg

Last edited:

Radwin Bodnic

@sedentree @simba
Thanks for the heads-up.
While the sealey form factor seem good, the video I've seen don't seem to show a flame a lot bigger than a PB207.
The proxon on the other hand seem like a regular big torch and not much pocketable... :\

Maybe I'm after something that doesn't exist outside of the blazer range of products... I've found this Zippo torch : https://www.zippo.fr/products/butane-torch?variant=41712117350571
It seem to be the exact same form factor than the blazer Firefox but I'm not sure about the power of the flame. It seem weak in the demo videos.

Maybe a 3 flame would have the needed power in a compact form factor ? I don't mind refilling more often.
@Perfect_Speed4069 how do you like your jobon flint triple flame ?

@Rodney it will definetly work but I want a discreet lighter...

Radwin Bodnic,

TedJones

@Radwin Bodnic Ronx dual flame maybe ?Not necessarily pocket-able or quiet per se. I use it on low power flames for the tempest. Bumped up a bit for the TA might work 🤷

TedJones,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
How you like your jobon flint triple flame?
This and the honest flint quad are excellent performers with things like the Quartz Cap and the Fusion, especially out and about. Like all small multi jet lighters though, they absolutely cane the butane. The only real advantage of the Quad is a fuel window, that lets you see how fast it's running out. Not aware of any flint triples with a window, but if you find one that's affordable, be sure to share.

Zagala

@sedentree @simba
Thanks for the heads-up.
While the sealey form factor seem good, the video I've seen don't seem to show a flame a lot bigger than a PB207.
The proxon on the other hand seem like a regular big torch and not much pocketable... :\

Maybe I'm after something that doesn't exist outside of the blazer range of products... I've found this Zippo torch : https://www.zippo.fr/products/butane-torch?variant=41712117350571
It seem to be the exact same form factor than the blazer Firefox but I'm not sure about the power of the flame. It seem weak in the demo videos.

Maybe a 3 flame would have the needed power in a compact form factor ? I don't mind refilling more often.
@Perfect_Speed4069 how do you like your jobon flint triple flame ?

@Rodney it will definetly work but I want a discreet lighter...
I have seen a TableTop bong YouTube video where Lee uses this Zippo with the Dani Fusion 2.0, so should work with the TA3, I would think.

Rodney

UK so might not suit your needs, maybe you can find one though? But anyway, I found this turned most/all of the way up does an alright/okay job of heating the TA3. Probably a minute or so from what I remember and I think I ever cherried it but it did the job at least. To be fair, I pretty much use the Wand exclusively and I only tried this lighter a bit when I first got the TA and now I have a Ronxs Torch for if I want to heat it with a torch, the Ronxs does cherry the TA3 and is pretty quick but probably too big for your current needs.

can get them cheaper on ebay

Also is this one any good would you say

After seeing your picture of the Sealey I went won a rabbit hole and would deffo be buying one of these.

Rodney,
Reactions: Wozz

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
After seeing your picture of the Sealey I went won a rabbit hole and would deffo be buying one of these.
What attracts you to the Sealey Micro, over something like, say, the Vapman lighter? Which is a little cheaper in the UK, at least.

I'm not throwing shade on the Sealey though, and interested to hear what you think it's best at.

(As an aside, it's amazing to me that people can squabble over very particular types of heads on downstems and how they affect overall performance, whereas most folks consider lighters to be more or less interchangeable)

Rodney

What attracts you to the Sealey Micro, over something like, say, the Vapman lighter? Which is a little cheaper in the UK, at least.

I'm not throwing shade on the Sealey though, and interested to hear what you think it's best at.

(As an aside, it's amazing to me that people can squabble over very particular types of heads on downstems and how they affect overall performance, whereas most folks consider lighters to be more or less interchangeable)

After seeing the picture and seeing the see threw fuel tank it interested me. I am just new to the butane lighters and vapes but will be checking the vapman now after you saying.

See atm I only have the dynavape and have a vaphit Quartz Tip arriving Friday but am looking at getting a TA3 so will need a decent lighter for it is why am posting here.

Rodney,

sedentree

can get them cheaper on ebay

Also is this one any good would you say

Hard to say if the second one you shared is any good at a glance but I note it gets to the same temperature as the one I have (1300 degrees C) so probably it is pretty similar all round.

sedentree,
Reactions: Rodney

simba

@weedanwine
You said medium sized torch, so I'd class that as medium. If you want pocketable but bigger than the PB207 then I'd go for something like the Pipita one that's in the picture I posted earlier in the thread.

Radwin Bodnic

You said medium sized torch, so I'd class that as medium. If you want pocketable but bigger than the PB207 then I'd go for something like the Pipita one that's in the picture I posted earlier in the thread.
Indeed it looks like it is really powerful for its size. And well designed.
Sadly I can only find it over 30€ which is a bit steep regarding the durability issues mentioned in the comments. What do you think about it ? Consistency and durability ?

edit : I've just found an other version with the exact same burner, a slightly larger tank and a locking mechanism !

Last edited:
Radwin Bodnic,

simba

@weedanwine
I've not had any issues with durability, but it's also not my most used torch. I am very particular with the gas I use and I think this helps with reliability in general.

The one you linked looks cool too!

Radwin Bodnic

So... I'm not sure I've found the bottom of this rabbit hole but I made my decision.

I went with the Jobon triple flint (10€, 2 months delivery from china). Pocket ability and lockable flame but probably poor autonomy. @Perfect_Speed4069 your confidence about it inspired me.

I also had a 13€ coupon that made the Pipita @simba recommended at 19€ so I thought I'll give it a try. While not as pocketable as the Jobon the flame looks strong enough to cherry the TA3. 5 days delivery was a strong argument.

When I was digging I found a rebranded blazer big shot at only 40€. With the shop offering 10% on your first order I thought it could be a good deal for someone in EU... the only review is one star but it seem to be a legit blazer torch.

Radwin Bodnic

Happy to report that the Pipita torch is plenty powerful to cherry the TA in under 30 seconds.

The form factor is really good. It's probably the biggest torch I would call pocketable.
While not as noisy as the big buddy it is not really discreet either. But I get that if you want a big flame there will be turbulences.

5 heatings so far and the flame is not fading yet. I'll report on autonomy when empty. The plastic cover of the valve double as a tool to fade the flame but I only get 3 settings from it :
max setting = super strong flame (too much)
min setting = closed
everything in between = perfectly stable flame.

It seem sturdy (thick aluminum frame) but the plastic parts (trigger and yellow covers) are a little slack.

Piezo seem of a high quality.

Thanks @simba for the recommendation !

bestvaping

I have one and it works great like Firefox, but I find the palm lock system very inconvenient for our use, the locking trigger is very solid and hard to use which makes it less user friendly but much safer in terms of child safety. The flame is adjustable in yellow or blue and similar power to my Firefox, but there is no flame blocking or fuel window. The flame is really good and it works great (it is very stable perhaps better than Firefox with the same butane). It's a shame Firefox is so hard to find in Europe (for me, Firefox only flaw is that it doesn't have a fuel window), I had to order mine from VapeNorth but it's expensive with customs fees indeed.

Top Bottom