Big hits??

maverickluke

I am looking at getting a vaporizer, and have been looking at the extreme due to the versatility, but coming from using a bong, I would like to be able to get a monster hit if I choose. I've heard that all vaporizers are not created equal for hit strength. Any recommendations on what vaporizer to look at? Also, if anyone has experience with the extreme vaporizer and can compare hits with others, that would be helpful. From what I've read, it looks like whip hits are the way to go over balloon for strength.

maverickluke,

maverickluke

Another question maybe related to this question is a about kief. Being a newbie, what is kief? Do you get kief from grinding weed, or is it certain parts of the weed? Also what is the best way to put it in the bowl with the weed to vape?

maverickluke,

lwien

Sounds like you may be a candidate for the Silver Surfer or the Buddha or even the VripTech Heat Wand if you primarily wanna hit your vape thru a bong.

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
lwien said:
maverickluke said:
I don't want to vape through a bong but rather be able to get big hits if I want.
Silver Surfer or Buddha then.
I agree... I've been eying one of those puppies myself... I want one for the exact same reason... Big Hits...

DevoTheStrange,

maverickluke

How are the hits using the whip with the Extreme vaporizer? Anyone know, and has anyone tried the extreme, SSV, and Da budha?

maverickluke,

max

Out to lunch
I've used all three. The SSV hits the biggest, due to the more focused air stream into the bowl. The DBV is almost as good, and hits are more predictable. Personally, I'd choose between the two on the basis of ergonomics. I like the SSV better. It's set up convenient for my use and I find the standard connection easier to deal with than hands free. If hands free is a priority though, I'd get the DBV. You can do either or with the SSV, but a ground glass setup (wand and HCA) will run almost $50 more if want both standard and HF. You can get a $14 HF attachment for the Surfer though.

The Extreme has a larger airway, so unless you pack the elbow instead of the bowl, your hits will be less vapor dense, vs the 7th Floor vapes. It's hard to beat if you want the versatility of bag, whip, or fan assisted whip use, but if you're not going to use bag delivery, I'd go with a 7th Floor vape.

max,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
but coming from using a bong, I would like to be able to get a monster hit if I choose
but, when you remove the toxic smoke from that monster hit you prefer, what is left? i found i needed to recalibrate what "hit" really means, in terms of what i'm actually getting.

and "kief" is the part of the plant that contains the majority of the THC. It is the trichomes removed from the plant material. THC is created in the trichomes and stored in the globular structure on top of the trichome stalk.

Hippie Dickie,

maverickluke

This is helpful. What exactly is the difference with hands free and not hands free? And someone who has never used or seen a vaporizer, you can either pack a bowl or elbow? If I pack the elbow of the extreme, is there a big difference between that and the ssv or dbv? I get high with my girlfriend. Right now we are using a 2 person hookah, which I have a glass slider at the top. There are 2 long hoses, so we can smoke at the same time, which we like to do when we are fucking:) It would be nice to be able to have a tube in my mouth and take a hit while fucking. That hit that I am talking about, (while fucking), is the one that I like to be on the bigger side. Maybe this helps more on which one to get. I also don't understand what a 7th floor vape is.

maverickluke,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
heh... a little TMI there.. :o
7th floor is a manufacturer. They make both the Silver Surfer Vaporizer and the Da Buddha Vaporizer.
Hands free means you dont have too hold the whip up too the heat source, the whip fits inside a glass port on around the heating element. so the only part you have too hold is the part you put up too your lips.
A standard whip you have too hold up too the heating element.
I think you want a hands free setup
as far as comparing the SSV/DBV too the elbow pack in the extreme... have no experience there... someone else might chime in on that.

DevoTheStrange,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
and all imagery aside... you will want too go with a one hose set up... vapes don't like more than one hose.

DevoTheStrange,

Beezleb

Why stop using your bong.

Check out the wand vapes like the Vrip and Herborizer. These vapes are made exclusively for bongs.

Though just about any vaporizer will work with a bong, you may need an adapter to fit your bong due to varying sizes of bowls. As suggested the SSV and DBV are great models but I also recommend to look at the vapor brothers, Vapor Cannon and Vapor Box should be looked at too. I personally use the DBV and want for no other but you can find users of the other vapes that feel the same way.

Once you have a better idea on the vape type your looking at we can better help you. The videos in my signature might help you get a better sense of direction.

Hope that helps and happy vaping!

Beezleb,

Konrad_Zuse

I posted in your other topic about the "dual whip" you probably wil want to look there for info..

As for strong hits SSV is the best it seems. You can get some nice hits with a lot of vapor. As you were asking about the extreme, like I posted in the other topic I've filled the elbow up with some kief and got monster hits, kief is the pollen that you get when you grind the bud and it goes into the catcher, if you have a 4 pt grinder.

It's really what you want. I don't know how durable the SSV is, but if you really are going to have sex while doing this, I would try to be careful, there is glass. I know if you knocked over either one it wouldn't be good, bud all over the place, etc.

I honestly think bags would be a good thing to use, if you're fucking, so you wont accidentally break or knock anything over. As for bags, I haven't tested the Extreme enough to say I can get super bags, but I know if I can kief pack the elbow, I would get huge bags. I got over 20, before I had to stir, when I packed hte elbow half full. The elbow is where the big hits are, but the hit size is w/e really, you still get vapor and all the goodies no matter what :).

Konrad_Zuse,

maverickluke

As a general rule, which produces bigger hits, balloon or whip? Spoke to the guy at got vape.com, and posed similar questions, and hands down said the extreme is the way to go.

maverickluke,

Konrad_Zuse

maverickluke said:
As a general rule, which produces bigger hits, balloon or whip? Spoke to the guy at got vape.com, and posed similar questions, and hands down said the extreme is the way to go.
It's like comparing apples and oranges lol. The balloon is forced air, so it's on a controlled setting, so you get a good balance of air and vapor. When you suck in you usually want to take nice slow pulls, I know if you go too fast it's not as effective, at least with the Extreme and the Vapor Bros vape my friend has.

I definitely think the Extreme is a good choice, as that is what I went, just for the fact you could do both bag and whip, and all. If you have any other questions just post, and I'll try to help you. I might be a noobie at vapes compared to some guys, but I can at least help you with questions on the extreme. Also I would buy the vape from here http://www.vapeworld.com/vaporizers/extreme-vaporizer. There is a 12% discount for this site, it is FC12 I believe, I would double check. You also get a free grinder and all :). They also have discounts on stuff like extra screen packs, and whips, and stuff. They have a portable vape pack, but I don't think it's worth it, it would be weird to bring this thing outside and just vape or something haha. I do however recommend the case, it is sooo worth it :).

Konrad_Zuse,
Top Bottom