**Ball vape comparison megathread** Compare your balls.

Which ball vape do you prefer?

• Flowerpot B0

Votes: 48 19.1%
  • Flowerpot B1

Votes: 71 28.3%
  • Flowerpot B2

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Old Head freight train

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Pinky

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Qaroma Ceroma \ Quartz

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Qaroma Taroma 2 \ XL

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • DC ELEV8R with Rubies.

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • Cloud connoisseur Halo \ Atlas

Votes: 24 9.6%
  • DDave Extraction Contraption

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

nicknobody

Sorry I meant, who is the OG ball vape and who are the copycats?
I’d prefer to not publicly call anyone specifically out thanks

My main point is that tweaks are not innovation and I personally don’t need 30 new companies who aren’t trying to grow the space and just make a buck by copying

nicknobody,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I’d prefer to not publicly call anyone specifically out thanks

My main point is that tweaks are not innovation and I personally don’t need 30 new companies who aren’t trying to grow the space and just make a buck by copying
Makes sense. I guess I see it differently. Look at the difference in this space 1 year ago. And then look at 2 years ago. Minor tweaks have changed everything.

howie105

Am I missing something here? Does someone have a coil baller powered by a pid that is significantly better than another? ....I have two ballers, and I got the second one because I knew more and could make a better choice the second time around. That said, we all have our own preferences and definitions of what "better" is, so we all get to enjoy our own unique best vape.

Sativapo

The tiodw stuff or even better their coil and pid with a Zirconia head. Because like a year or 2 ago you had to pay 500 for a ball vape full setup. Now you can have something performing even better for less than half.

nicknobody

The tiodw stuff or even better their coil and pid with a Zirconia head. Because like a year or 2 ago you had to pay 500 for a ball vape full setup. Now you can have something performing even better for less than half.
My terp torch kit was $179 2+ years ago and my b0 kit was $260. Prices seem like they are going up to me. Unless someone wants to wait up to a month for Chinese tiodw stuff from Ali express and even that’s hardly cheaper than say a 0 kit or ft with a month delay

I do think the flood will eventually bring prices down but not now.

nicknobody,
Reactions: Sativapo

coolbreeze

There are a lot of things that look alike but the Zeal, the ZX, and the 360 are all very different things, despite the coils and balls. Two of those are by very small companies who would be the first off the board if we were unwilling to look at new mfrs. The other is more established, yet busting out new things at a fair clip. Some folks have been instrumental in driving down prices (Vgoodiez's kits, Koil Boi's Sun and Flare). Perhaps because everyone and their cousin is involved currently, there's a lot of cool stuff going on. What's tough is differentiating products, and some of those that are most worth it are by people who really innovate at scales that are tough to survive. We should support them when our interests align.

coolbreeze

I am sure the ZX has more than enough power, I just don't like 14mm anything, most of my bongs etc are 18mm and the main reason for me wanting an 18mm baller plus quite a few peeps will have a 20mm coil and PID from heating bangers.
Yeah, but that's sort of apples and oranges, I'm talking about the topside of the bowl. I have a CouchLog bowl and a TAG adapter with 14mm mouths and 18mm joints below. The inside diameter is about the same in the bowl and the joint: it's like a straight pipe without much constriction, it shouldn't feel much different. Which admittedly does not address the coil issue.

Last edited:

nicknobody

What's tough is differentiating products, and some of those that are most worth it are by people who really innovate at scales that are tough to survive. We should support them when our interests align.
Totally agree. Just an overwhelming amount of new rn
How would you compare your Terp Torch to your B0? About the same?
About the same? They both can fully extract a bowl. I almost got rid of the tt char by loosing the circlip changing the screen and getting the heater farther away from the load with a diff bowl

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
They both can fully extract a bowl. I almost got rid of the tt char by loosing the circlip changing the screen and getting the heater farther away from the load with a diff bowl
That's interesting. I never got a Terp Torch though I heard good things. People said they were somewhat inconsistent and would often heat unevenly. Sounds like you fixed that though.

I would think the CH head the most like the TT would be the B0 but maybe that's the appeal too. A simple ball filled injector, like a refined TiTi.

The Glass Symphony rules them all

I've got/built a Pinky, Flowerpot 18mm post, B0, B1, B2, G43, Glass Symphonies in 19/26 24/29 24/40 and MA2/3 adapters, a Life Sabre log with 2.5mm balls, a few logs like the Highlighter and Silver Surfer with 3mm balls, DC Elev8R, Sand Castles, DiY Atlases, and a few other DiY efforts along the same lines

The Pinky surprised me the most. I think that's because there is little extra material being heated with the balls
Ok so I'm also an injector head can you please tell me why the glass symphony is yours? I want to find a build guide and do it eventually done a bunch of others hlt,titi, pinky etc. Thx friend

Hippie

I have picked up a few more since I wrote that and also have the Tiodw mini, Tiodw Ceramic, Tiodw Trio, Taroma light plus, Taroma 360
And I'll probably grab a Tiodw mini 2 next lol

Most of them are great for one or the other but the Glass Symphonies have both the power and the flavour

Oil420FL

Since having more than one is the norm now, Is there a suitable PID controller that lets you save a profile for each head so I don’t have to remember the different offsets for each? (And for my different bangers for dabs….)

Oil420FL,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Since having more than one is the norm now, Is there a suitable PID controller that lets you save a profile for each head so I don’t have to remember the different offsets for each? (And for my different bangers for dabs….)
I figure there has to be off-the-shelf, commercial controllers that do this but I don't know if one. However, @JCat 's FC enail has this feature:

SixStringToker

Naked member
Both the @JCat FC-eNail and the MaxVapor controller have coil/head/banger profiles. They both also have web interfaces. Here's a video I recorded last night with the latest version of my SteamRoller head that shows the FC-eNail interface running on my phone:

I'm still tuning the Steamroller. Right now, it has a mixture of 3mm and 1.5mm rubies in it and 480°F is currently the sweet spot for a dark roast. Next step is to swap out the 3mm balls with 2.5mm to see how the performance changes. I want to get it to the point where I get a nice milk chocolate roast at 420°F and my max dark roast at 450 - 465°F. We'll see.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
the MaxVapor controller have coil/head/banger profiles.

I wouldn’t recommend the MaxVapor. I own and use it, because it’s smaller than my Auber. It works, but all the promised updates were abandoned long ago by the maker. Firmware updates stopped a few years ago. I don’t use the web interface, but I’d bet that will be gone when they decide to stop hosting it. There is a MV thread one should read if considering it.

coolbreeze

Phase3 kits and ZX heads are 15% off. Great price on a truly exceptional vape.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker

I'm having a big sale on balls on my site for the 4th of July guys

Top Bottom