Are each new version of Dynavaps really an improvement?

I've got an M from probably 2018 so there's been a lot of Dynavaps released since. Their design has changed very little making me think that it's mostly cosmetic. What's people's opinion?

I used to really enjoy my M on a Simrell MVS but its fallen into disuse as I have other much better vapes like the Dani Fusion and Tempest

No, I'm not thinking of buying another one, like I said, I've got a handful of vapes that keep me occupied. Probably like most people on here I always keep my eye on new vapes and accessories coming out and was interested in people's opinion and experience of whether Dynavaps are still innovating or just replicating. Other manufacturers like Mad Heaters and Phat Piggie have taken the concept further. Don't get me wrong, I'm not down on Dyna's - they are what initially got me into vaping

maremaresing

IMO the 2018 M SS is the pinnacle of the dynas. I've got a ti tip and have owned a 21 tip, but my 18M is like a rare loot drop for how well it extracts. Otherwise, the BFG Dani V2 and V3 is the "new improved dyna" for me and what I use most. Even the M7 doesn't come close to a similar offering.

For new users, each iteration is an improvement on the last for their "first dynavap". I think the newest M is the first that really showed an improvement in the series, but it's not enough to get me to buy one. Once you have an M that works well, minor changes are just that.

There is something to be said for each tip and stem giving a slightly different experience, so it's not better it's just different. That way users can fine tune what they are after.

Averyminya

Grasshopper Backer
I definitely don't think so. I'm with Mare in that the SS 2018 or 2019 are probably the best functionally. They do what they do and that's about what you'd expect from them.

The permathermachromatic ones (the '20 or '21s I can't remember) I am just not impressed with. The Shadow Ti needs a "priming" heat-up and cool-down session before it even puts vapor (and the flavor is there but it's nothing special), and even then the 2nd, 3rd, 4th hits are underwhelming, not nearly as much vapor as there can be. Similarly for the Blue Ti, it also needs a priming hit. The only thing I like about these ones are how soft the metal coating is on the lips (not the Shadow, it's matte finish makes it a bit textured/gritty).

Another thing I would definitely note is that the older models combust more easily, SS especially. 2018 very easy. 2019 less easy. 2020 pretty hard. 2021 pretty much impossible. So that is good I would say, although I wonder if that's part of what I've noticed for vapor production.

I've tried an array of tips and airpaths. It's mostly that I'm just not a fan of the dynavap in general, but I certainly feel that the consistency has gone down over each year. I've tried both torch and induction and I prefer the induction heater. I have the MFLB, I don't need to go back to technique driven vapes. lol

bellona0544

The differences honestly are really noticeable IF you are the kind of person who looks for small optimizations and vaping is one of your primary hobbies. I can tell you now, most of my friends don't notice huge differences in performance from model to model. There are some bigger changes, like comparing a Helix tip to any M variation, and there are lots of little quality-of-life improvements over the years, but if you already have vapes that you like then new Dynavaps probably are not worth it.

I will say I torch heat the M+ and M7 without spinning at all and get great results which I feel is a big step up from the previous iterations. I have given a bunch of M+ devices out and I will be giving out M7s moving forward because I do still think the M is one of the best beginner-friendly butane vapes. I have a few friends who are concerned about getting too stoned and setting their bed on fire with the Dani Fusion and Stunner and they prefer that the Vapcap cools down quickly. It also requires just a small single-flame torch and is much less conspicuous than my bigger butane devices.

im not a robot

i almost started a new thread just now, but i think this kind of fits here:

so for background, i have owned & sold some vaporisers, but my usual rotation (for ca the last 2 years) is going from vapman to woodscents to the occasional firewood 7. i am a lightweight and a microdoser.

while the above mentioned vapes are all keepers for different reasons, there is another that i keep coming back to on odd days: dynavap m, i think from 2020 but i could be wrong. there is something about it that i still enjoy. its simplicity and ease of use. it is also the closest to a joint experience i ever got with vaping. and it is hands down the most practical when going camping (which i do often). also a nice buzz.

but taste is really not what my dynavap excels at. so i am just wondering if i can find a similar experience but .. better tasting?
the tempest seems very popular atm, but honestly i find the idea of torching (or inducting) for a prolonged period of time a bit off putting. it just seems to make the whole process more involved / committed if this makes sense. i like that using a dynavap feels like the opposite of involved, it is the king of casual.

so .. i dont want to hijack this thread but id like to hear people's opinion on dynavaps vs tempest or camouflet, and maybe there is something else i am not aware of?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
so .. i dont want to hijack this thread but id like to hear people's opinion on dynavaps vs tempest or camouflet, and maybe there is something else i am not aware of?

After my initial vapcap experience (still have OG all glass model with the silicone tip, sold OG omnivap and TiWoody long ago) I was not motivated to try anymore, I'm sure they have improved a lot especially the titanium tips, which I could not get any sort of consistency from originally, but the vapor experience is just not that enjoyable for me?

Tempest, Thermal Accumulator, and Stunner are pretty unique because they are ball vapes for pure convection with a strong signature... I have the OG TA and the new TA3 (have not tried it yet)

Camfoulet is intriguing, not sure how the design is exactly, and now they have an XL model... seems really nice with IH (never tried one of those myself either)

Others would include the Anvil and Dani Fusion?

LordOfTheVapes

it is also the closest to a joint experience i ever got with vaping.
I keep coming back to the M+ for this and I enjoy the ceremony surrounding it; I'm thinking about picking up a Tempest as well and hope for an even better overall experience. I've seen some videos of Tempest being heated up with the Inductor; anyone else try this combination out? Does it seem reasonable?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I keep coming back to the M+ for this and I enjoy the ceremony surrounding it; I'm thinking about picking up a Tempest as well and hope for an even better overall experience. I've seen some videos of Tempest being heated up with the Inductor; anyone else try this combination out? Does it seem reasonable?

Yeah because Tempest, Thermal Accumulator, and Stunner are all designs originating with the goal of emulating the joint puffing experience specifically :tup:

Farid

The most stark improvements occurred between 2015 and 2017, with the Gen 3 Ti tip being the real game changer. I mean it was a genuinely unrecognizable experience making the switch from Gen2 to Gen 3. Then the Gen4 came out which was a noticeable step up. After that I stopped noticing a huge change, until the helix tips, which are my favorite to date.

As far as Ms go, my experience is more limited, though it seems most of the biggest improvements happened at the beginning between the 2017 and 2019. Then things stagnated a bit with mostly aestetc changes until the M+ and M7 which seem to mark a major design change from everything I've heard.

im not a robot

Went from DV to Dani Fusion and Stunner and TA. As far as butane is concerned the Dynavaps have been mothballed for the bigger tastier vapes that I listed.
yes i can understand that. like i said above, one of my favourites vapes is the vapman - other end of the spectrum in terms of "bigger" but it is a lot tastier. but it also is this tiny bit more inconvenient to use when compared to dynavap: it works best with a fine grind, real steady hands when loading, and turns a bit to guesswork when it is windy. not a problem when at home, but this just makes dv the more practical outdoor solution i think.
but the vapor experience is just not that enjoyable for me?

Tempest, Thermal Accumulator, and Stunner are pretty unique because they are ball vapes for pure convection with a strong signature... I have the OG TA and the new TA3 (have not tried it yet)
yes the vapor experience is the problem. i am absolutely intrigued by the tempest / thermal accumulator, by everything i have read they are great vapes, and i really really like phatpiggies work (he made a wonderful dv stem for me once )
emptyname-jpg.1246
i am absolutely intrigued by the TA or the tempest, but i am not convinced it can replicate the ease of the vapcap. i could be wrong. i used to be scared of torches too and started using my first dynavap with an alcohol lamp instead (which is arguably more dangerous)
and stunner / dani fusion / anvil was not even on my horizon, thanks!

I've seen some videos of Tempest being heated up with the Inductor;
i wasnt even aware of the inductor. i should really read more through the camouflet thread. thanks!

maremaresing

but taste is really not what my dynavap excels at. so i am just wondering if i can find a similar experience but .. better tasting?

For me, the BFG Dani V2 and V3 are this, assuming you don't over pack and over roast. The wall of flavor was the first thing I noted about it, and I currently have 3. Haven't tried the Fusion, and don't really see them as a huge leap over the Dani, which I'm happy with.

I still use my dynavap tips, SS for hash, Ti for tiny bits of dry herb. Flavor is better with the ti, but I don't like how fussy it is to heat properly.

Dustin McKief

This seems like the kind of question that would be impossible to get a consistent answer. You would have had to try every model, within the same week, blindfolded ;), for me to take it seriously. It's really more of a thought experiment for those of us who haven't tried them all since the beginning.

I haven't tried the derivatives mentioned, but I gather that they excel for those with a higher tolerances and those looking for more of a convection signature.

Radwin Bodnic

Have you ever considered the Vaponic ?
Honestly it's the best 40€ I've ever put in a vaporizer.
Taste is surreal, no need to grind, super easy to clean, can deliver 3 to 5 puffs per heating round and up to 6-7 heating rounds with a small nug.

It is anterior to the vapcap and one of the most declined vape today (see TRWW, Tasty Tube, BaKx...)

Oh and if you don't like the marker pen case it fits in any dugout built for an M.

Just give it a try, you'll thank me later ;)

Top Bottom