Venty by Storz & Bickel

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I don't recall hearing that it worked the way you describe. I do agree that this would be desirable behaviour.

Exactly, I already know how it behaves, and this stupid behavior was supposedly going to be addressed. They told me as much when I asked about a firmware update long ago. Guess I’ll email them again. If it solves the E04 problem, for those that get it, then I guess that’s “progress”, but from early comments on Reddit, it may not be…..

ChooChooCharlie

@RustyOldNail - No "early warning" but at least it buzzes now when dropping from boost

I also updated to 1.07 today

Behaves now just like the Mighty+, no early warning

I complained about it in the Mighty thread 4 years ago: :(:mad:😫
I'm sure most of you Mighty owners are aware of this "battery-saving feature," apologies if it was discussed years back

I got distracted while in boost mode, which is very rare

It buzz-warned me. I get that

But it also kicked me out of boost mode. Why?

Why not just buzz-warn me and leave me in boost. Am I a first world problem complaining, lazy wuss? Please don't answer that

When in Boost mode, after idle of 1 min 30 sec, get a short buzz and you're booted outta boost, then buzz at 1 min 45 sec, then 4 more from 1 min 50 to 55, then off. In regular, non-boost operation, first warning buzz at 1 min 45 sec, then 4 more from 1 min 50 to 55, then off

ChooChooCharlie

For those bluetooth connection problems...

Can't hurt to do a factory reset before connecting

Hold power button for ten seconds to reset

Last Fall, S&B advised doing this factory reset before updating, so it may help?

They also said not to press buttons during update, and that it can connect when just plugged in and charging as well

My Venty was out on loan for over 4 months, so I had two updates to do. Second update was finicky, had to retry Pairing twice, but it finally worked

AndyO

Is there any reason to do the firmware update if my Venty hasn't had any problems? I don't use it heaps, but it's still my go-to if I'm heading out or have to work from the office. Just seems like a risk I don't need to take.

Is there any inherent risk in not updating?

AndyO,
For those bluetooth connection problems...

Can't hurt to do a factory reset before connecting

Hold power button for ten seconds to reset

Last Fall, S&B advised doing this factory reset before updating, so it may help?

They also said not to press buttons during update, and that it can connect when just plugged in and charging as well

My Venty was out on loan for over 4 months, so I had two updates to do. Second update was finicky, had to retry Pairing twice, but it finally worked

Factory reset didn't work, but plugging in to charge did!

Sidoney

I have a Venty and love it. But it is my first and so far only vape. Now with the 420 sales on I am feeling some VAS/VAD. Does anyone have recommendations for a second dry flower unit? My wife HATES!!!! the fragrance of cannabis so I need a portable unit for use outdoors.
Ball vape and/or a butane vape (can use an induction heater) like the Anvil.

Sidoney,

ChooChooCharlie

Venty charging stand, fun and easy, from Delta3DStudios
(cord inserts through bottom hole, remains friction-fit stable)

Delta3-D-Venty-charging-stand.jpg

repeat pic of new glass by Dylan Martinez, sorry, it's hyper-realistically fun

condition

I've never tried a stainless steel S&B cooling unit but I remember being interested in the steel CU for the mighty before and the reviews weren't great. People were saying that the steel would get hot with use and it would scratch the plastic on the mighty. This might be a better designed piece but I'd be cautious of steel on plastic contact.
I have a SS CU for my crafty+. It tastes better than the plastic, and the vapor is cooler. However, it gets really hot after around 5 minutes, and it could damage the plastic threads of the main unit. It didn't happen to me, because I was careful when using it, as my Mighty OG slowly lost all plastic threads after a nasty fall. Another problem is that the mouthpiece doesn't properly fit to the CU, and it is attached with the help of an o-ring.
Overall, not a bad purchase, but it depends on the price. Of course, it also adds extra weight to the main unit.

condition,
Reactions: cosimo

Adgej123

Going to have to put in an RMA on the Venty. Somehow the button rubber has failed completely! Not too impressed with the writing also fading this much after so little time...

Bit concerning that this has happened after less than 6 months, vs both my Mightys :(

oOIopyW

Assuming I won't need to pay import tax again if a replacement comes from Germany?

Apologies if I've missed, has anyone else had anything similar?

Just shipped this bad boy back to Germany. Hopefully won't be too long for repair/replacement. No questions asked by S&B support.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
So the update is just the vibration when you exit boost and fix error04?

Last edited:
dzoinp,
Reactions: AD

Dr. G

Old Resident
I have this love hate relationship with my Venty...I love it and yet, I hate all of the work I have had to do since owning it. Its a pain in the ass when you are a patient. Anyway, I will have to get someone to help me with this update now. I know its for my benefit...our benefit. So...thanks.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Ok, so I reached out to S&B to tell them the update did not fix my issue. I was authorized to complete a RMA for a replacement unit! Annoying process, but S&B seems to be taking care of me!
They are taking care of us...but, by now NO ONE should be having so many problems with this code crap...I use my Venty everyday and at night I use my Vapman. I really love the Venty and how smooth and open it is. But, my GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ENOUGH already!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr. G,
Reactions: cosimo

seki

I came across a pretty good deal on the Venty while looking around for sales this week:

If you live in the US, it's currently on sale at the link above with free shipping for $382.49, but you can use "gc-vapospy-vip" for an additional ~10% off. This brings the total to $342.33, which works out to just under 24% off. I just came across the link and coupon code, not affiliated in any way.

I have this love hate relationship with my Venty...I love it and yet, I hate all of the work I have had to do since owning it. Its a pain in the ass when you are a patient. Anyway, I will have to get someone to help me with this update now. I know its for my benefit...our benefit. So...thanks.
I've been looking at some of the discussion on Reddit and the sense that I'm getting about this new firmware update is that it doesn't actually fix the problem that they were concerned was the cause of the E04 errors. From what I gather, the main issue had something to do with battery safety and my guess is that there were a lot of false positive E04s being generated that they discovered from their first batch of device bricking/RMAs. It's been reported that they recently stopped returns completely and my guess is that this new update provides more specific data which S&B is able to use to more accurately identify issues.

Ok, so I reached out to S&B to tell them the update did not fix my issue. I was authorized to complete a RMA for a replacement unit! Annoying process, but S&B seems to be taking care of me!
Someone else on Reddit also has mentioned that they were still getting the error after applying the update but after contacting support, their RMA that was previously denied was almost immediately approved. This tells me that they might be able to better identify units that have the actual issue they're concerned about and these can probably be dealt with through their normal RMA process now. I'm very curious to know how many devices were actually affected by this issue but we'll probably never know.

All of this (except the sale link above) is complete conjecture though, and as with most things I'm just guessing based on what I'm reading online.

Last edited:

snowdrop7756

Some guy on Reddit made a post about his Venty melting. It seems like there’s a chance he has an OG unit and never bricked it, but he claims he never got any emails from S&B about the issue. First time I’ve seen something like this.

2nd person reported their venty melting and provided pictures as well. OP updated the original post.

RustyOldNail

2nd person reported their venty melting and provided pictures as well. OP updated the original post.

I read much of it, but same as he originally stated, he registered but never received an email notification to brick it, for swap program. Now he lists the SN a few ones and zeros, also bought in 2023, so it looks like an early one.

Guess that’s answers a question a few had, on trying to keep/fix an OG…. while S&B never gave much information, the recall swap, means they found out too late, after first shipments, and knew there was a potential for a serious problem. Glad I BRICKED the OG, now I’m going to bring it to the recycle enter, just in case.

I’m not giving them a clean pass, but I’ll continue to use my replacement. I’m already surrounded by lithium batteries and lipos…. If it’s any comfort, at least they took action, but also beware, it’s likely that some of our inexpensive Chinese devices, will not get the same action or attention…. Be CAREFUL out there!

snowdrop7756

I read much of it, but same as he originally stated, he registered but never received an email notification to brick it, for swap program. Now he lists the SN a few ones and zeros, also bought in 2023, so it looks like an early one.

Guess that’s answers a question a few had, on trying to keep/fix an OG…. while S&B never gave much information, the recall swap, means they found out too late, after first shipments, and knew there was a potential for a serious problem. Glad I BRICKED the OG, now I’m going to bring it to the recycle enter, just in case.

I’m not giving them a clean pass, but I’ll continue to use my replacement. I’m already surrounded by lithium batteries and lipos…. If it’s any comfort, at least they took action, but also beware, it’s likely that some of our inexpensive Chinese devices, will not get the same action or attention…. Be CAREFUL out there!
I mean I preordered mine sometime in November when units went back on sale while they were in the process of recalling ones they shipped out. I think mine was delivered by December. Just because he purchased in 2023 does not meant his unit was impacted.

snowdrop7756,

RustyOldNail

I mean I preordered mine sometime in November when units went back on sale while they were in the process of recalling ones they shipped out. I think mine was delivered by December. Just because he purchased in 2023 does not meant his unit was impacted.

My point was by all indications the owner has written about, he received a VERY EARLY model…
Make of it, what you will…. after all it’s the internet…

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: DadaBoo

JoeMama

Titanium is a better conductor that Stainless.
Ti is a little more expensive, but it's also stronger. The SS caps can malform over time.
The bowl size of Ti is a tad smaller than the SS caps, but it is miniscule for the purpose of "stuffing a cap". I microdose anyway, so...
I bought 5 Ti caps and I love 'em.

ondemander

I can't update my Venty on Chrome. It pairs but when I click Firmware Update it says no response received and disconnects.

ondemander,
Top Bottom