Phase3 Vaporizers

MennilTossFlykune

The ZX is my first ball vape. I looked into a lot of them and felt overwhelmed. From cheaper to more expensive, I read/watched reviews and narrowed it down. My final criteria was under 350usd, keeping in mind my lower tolerance and preference to microdose, and a product with a happy fan base. I narrowed it down a lot, and after finding the community on this thread and reading your passionate posts, quick customer service, and attention to detail I was sold.
These points are *exactly* why I went with the ZX, too. Reading the thread here to get more info on it since it was so scarce at the time, and then seeing Ryan here discussing, taking input, talking about his vast study of materials and heating processes, the quality of the product all really sold me.

EasyVape

I think it’s a very durable product. Zirc the material is more brittle than Ti or stainless. No question that it is “theoretically “ more fragile. In practice there is no evidence that the ZX is fragile. Those comments relate to a completely different company and vape.
Has anyone examined the ZX heater with a USB microscope after a few months of use. I kinda feel like any potential damage/cracks would be hidden behind the heater coil wraps or inside the heater. Like a black hole, all the secrets are hidden in its own shadow.

coolbreeze

These points are *exactly* why I went with the ZX, too. Reading the thread here to get more info on it since it was so scarce at the time, and then seeing Ryan here discussing, taking input, talking about his vast study of materials and heating processes, the quality of the product all really sold me.
This should probably all be removed as against the rules but fwiw, the Zirconia was chosen as a material as pure as glass and (almost) as tough as steel. If you have a crown or implant , you've probably been grinding away on zirconia surfaces, abrading, applying force from various directions, etc. Its properties are well-known and medically safe, partly because of the overall durability.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Let’s be clear that no material used for vaping has been inspected and formally tested for anything yet we all use them. I have a Z8, ZX, and ZXL. Z8 and ZX used EXCLUSIVELY since their release. Not one issue. Dropped them on a soapstone counter. Banged them on the ceramic cup I use for a heat sink. All good, Now I don’t go throwing it across the room and I do try and pay attention when I put in the cup but I don’t handle it like something fragile.

Since I’ve owned these Zirc vapes I‘ve broken numerous quartz bangers, at least one or two glass pieces, and I can’t even count how many glass bowls and adapters. Zirc has been fine. All my other gear gets broken. Use it hard plus I have neurological conditions - both carpal tunnel and compressed spine in my neck. I may not be the hardest user but I’m in the top 50% and still no signs of a crack.

I agree with a post earlier where a lot of misinformation is used in various ways to influence people’s buying decisions. The vape community is full of pseudo-science and mis-science information. Just read any discussion about heat transfer and if you’ve studied physics you’ll know that none of it is correct (or very little). That’s the issue - there aren’t that many people that understand material science, heat transfer, and fluid flow. Ryan is one that knows a lot about these scientifically not just guessing.

I know enough to be dangerous and to know to form my own opinions and not simply trust Reddit or any of the other forms. Plenty of other companies are releasing products that are simply trial and error - big vape companies and it’s the consumer that is doing their R&D. Not Phase 3. Hope you jump on the wagon.

Z-Tribe Love Maddy

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Has anyone examined the ZX heater with a USB microscope after a few months of use. I kinda feel like any potential damage/cracks would be hidden behind the heater coil wraps or inside the heater. Like a black hole, all the secrets are hidden in its own shadow.
Proud owner of a Z8, Ryan’s first iteration in ZC so its design is a bit different and it’s older than the ZX. I’ve taken the heater off its coil and had a look inside with a magnifying glass and a jewellers loupe. This was after a year of hardcore using it exclusively, about six months ago. There was some grey marks on the outside from the coil (the Z8 is white) and Barkeeper’s Friend made quick work of those but otherwise it was as pristine as it arrived. Using the loupe, there wasn’t a scratch, hairline crack or micro fissure anywhere on the outside. Using a high-intensity magnifying lamp, I looked inside and saw nothing but smooth white surface. Not surprised at that honestly, since any heat-related damage would begin on the outside where the coil is. Didn’t think about using my USB microscope at the time but honestly don’t think it would have revealed anything more.

So that’s all I can tell you from a factual standpoint about the materials that Phase3 uses. I can’t speak to any other seller’s products or where they sourced their materials and chose the shop that tooled their products. There was one manufacturer who rushed out a ZC device to capitalise on the initial enthusiasm for the Z8, however they did not have Ryan’s R&D knowledge or relationship with a reputable overseas manufacturer. The result was a janky, ugly looking facsimile of the Phase3 product imo and I’m not surprised if there‘s been quality issues with some owners simply because it was such a rushed, reactionary product with very little thought and effort put into it.

I think a lot of concern comes from a misconception some people have about the word “ceramic”, this material has properties unlike any traditional ceramic material one might be familiar with. Some people base their decision making on some vague assumption, like “I dunno dude, I just feel like…” but with no actual evidence or reasoning, and then that same person will do absolutely zero research. Even though they’re holding a supercomputer with easy access to the sum of mankind’s knowledge. But they will put their ignorance out there as fact or even worthy of discussion, all day and night. The internet was meant to make humanity more intelligent through the easy dissemination of information and scientific knowledge but obviously that’s not been the case; as a species, we’re still as apt to be as fucking dumb as we’ve ever been.

EasyVape

Proud owner of a Z8, Ryan’s first iteration in ZC so its design is a bit different and it’s older than the ZX. I’ve taken the heater off its coil and had a look inside with a magnifying glass and a jewellers loupe. This was after a year of hardcore using it exclusively, about six months ago. There was some grey marks on the outside from the coil (the Z8 is white) and Barkeeper’s Friend made quick work of those but otherwise it was as pristine as it arrived. Using the loupe, there wasn’t a scratch, hairline crack or micro fissure anywhere on the outside. Using a high-intensity magnifying lamp, I looked inside and saw nothing but smooth white surface. Not surprised at that honestly, since any heat-related damage would begin on the outside where the coil is. Didn’t think about using my USB microscope at the time but honestly don’t think it would have revealed anything more.

So that’s all I can tell you from a factual standpoint about the materials that Phase3 uses. I can’t speak to any other seller’s products or where they sourced their materials and chose the shop that tooled their products. There was one manufacturer who rushed out a ZC device to capitalise on the initial enthusiasm for the Z8, however they did not have Ryan’s R&D knowledge or relationship with a reputable overseas manufacturer. The result was a janky, ugly looking facsimile of the Phase3 product imo and I’m not surprised if there‘s been quality issues with some owners simply because it was such a rushed, reactionary product with very little thought and effort put into it.

I think a lot of concern comes from a misconception some people have about the word “ceramic”, this material has properties unlike any traditional ceramic material one might be familiar with. Some people base their decision making on some vague assumption, like “I dunno dude, I just feel like…” but with no actual evidence or reasoning, and then that same person will do absolutely zero research. Even though they’re holding a supercomputer with easy access to the sum of mankind’s knowledge. But they will put their ignorance out there as fact or even worthy of discussion, all day and night. The internet was meant to make humanity more intelligent through the easy dissemination of information and scientific knowledge but obviously that’s not been the case; as a species, we’re still as apt to be as fucking dumb as we’ve ever been.
Thanks for checking. My comment was based on Ryan’s post about the cooling rates of the coil potentially clamping down on the ZX body due to the use of dissimilar materials. The coil/ZX body appears to be the most vulnerable point for potential failure. Additionally, not all dentists use zirconia; while it has the strength of titanium, it lacks the toughness.

Top Bottom