ConVex by Entheos Devices (formerly Tokedvapors)

ChooChooCharlie

@Entheos Hex - Thank you for the explanation and tips with the settings!

Yay!! I now see the location of the air inlet

I needed to pull off the steel condensor tube to spot it, thanks. Have to iso soak this tube anyway

Con-Vex-air-inlet.jpg

Edit: Separated the swiveling bowl for cleaning. Someone at Entheos was a fan of the Haze Square! Those teardrop shaped flow redirectors are clever, almost like a gear down mechanical linkage, flowing from wider diameter bowl while changing direction to smaller tube. These two bowl parts are either ceramic or super dense PEEK, they absorb most of the vapor's heat during this turbulent flow direction and width compression changes, ouchy ouchy, don't touch me there

Con-Vex-Bowl-parts-separated.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I usually don't turn mine off, you can leave it on and lock the device by clicking fire three times.

Ah so if you were to let it sit without use for long periods of time (days or even weeks) the battery would slowly drain, hopefully not an issue for most people if so (and hopefully no ill affect to the screen here, as another mod I had became too dim from this issue)

Entheos Hex

Manufacturer
@Entheos Hex - Thank you for the explanation and tips with the settings!

Yay!! I now see the location of the air inlet

I needed to pull off the steel condensor tube to spot it, thanks. Have to iso soak this tube anyway

Con-Vex-air-inlet.jpg
Let me put out engineering marketing mumbo jumbo haha

The convex design features three distinct concepts:

1.) Air Intake and Vapor Exit Heat Exchange: Incoming cold air interacts with the outgoing hot vapor. In theory the incoming cool air helps cool down the outgoing hot vapor and vice versa, the outgoing hot vapor helps pre-heat the incoming cold air that goes to the heater.

2.) Residual Heat Recycler for Heating Efficiency: As per the photo you see above, the intake of the ceramic piece is actually not visible, this is because it is located on the other end from where the visible inlet is. What this does is air is forced to pass along the whole outer surface of the ceramic housing before making its way to the heater. In theory, the incoming air picks up lost residual heat before even getting heated by the coil itself.

3) Slow Roast Bowl: As per Bernoulli's principle, which states that in a pathway with varying volumes, the fluid (air, in this case) passes slower where the volume of the pathway is larger. So in theory, the heated air passing through the material slows down while going through the bowl, which contributes to the design's powerful extraction.

Ah so if you were to let it sit without use for long periods of time (days or even weeks) the battery would slowly drain, hopefully not an issue for most people if so (and hopefully no ill affect to the screen here, as another mod I had became too dim from this issue)
Sorry but I have yet to confirm if there is any battery drain going on when leaving the batteries inside when not in use. Most of the time with my personal units, I leave the battery in and no signs of screen damage. I don't think there is much battery drain if any at all actually.

Last edited:

Just Justin

@Just Justin You incite me by talking about hash like that :D this looks great
Ha don’t mean to incite or do I? Can’t help it, I get excited when I’ve found a vape that makes vaping H2O hash easy, effective and practical. Because H2O bubble and dry sift aren’t as pure as other “modern” concentrates, it makes it rather difficult to vape them effectively and they’re very few vaporizers that can do it well and dry herb too

Last edited:

Just Justin

Let me put out engineering marketing mumbo jumbo haha

The convex design features three distinct concepts:

1.) Air Intake and Vapor Exit Heat Exchange: Incoming cold air interacts with the outgoing hot vapor. In theory the incoming cool air helps cool down the outgoing hot vapor and vice versa, the outgoing hot vapor helps pre-heat the incoming cold air that goes to the heater.

2.) Residual Heat Recycler for Heating Efficiency: As per the photo you see above, the intake of the ceramic piece is actually not visible, this is because it is located on the other end from where the visible inlet is. What this does is air is forced to pass along the whole outer surface of the ceramic housing before making its way to the heater. In theory, the incoming air picks up lost residual heat before even getting heated by the coil itself.

3) Slow Roast Bowl: As per Bernoulli's principle, which states that in a pathway with varying volumes, the fluid (air, in this case) passes slower where the volume of the pathway is larger. So in theory, the heated air passing through the material slows down while going through the bowl, which contributes to the design's powerful extraction.

Sorry but I have yet to confirm if there is any battery drain going on when leaving the batteries inside when not in use. Most of the time with my personal units, I leave the battery in and no signs of screen damage. I don't think there is much battery drain if any at all actually.
Love reading about the science and engineering behind the device and how it cools itself and uses the excess heat to pre- heat the air. Also, thanks for the pic of the insides, wanted to see that without taking apart the device yet.

One of the best examples of cooling/pre-heating air intake recycling like the ConVex was the Ghost MV1 vaporizer (RIP). It’s heat-sink mouthpiece assembly pulled cool air in, simultaneously pre-heating the incoming air to the oven by picking up excess heat as it passed around the heat sink and cooled the heat sink in the process

Top Bottom