Cannabis News UK

sedentree

sedentree,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Just signed up for medical cannabis, have my consultation next week. Im not sure why I’ve not done it before since I’ve got a handful of qualify conditions. Interested to see what the experience is like, I don’t know anyone who‘s been through the process. I hope the flowers and oils are decent and I’m not paying for dodgy product. :hmm:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Just signed up for medical cannabis, have my consultation next week. Im not sure why I’ve not done it before since I’ve got a handful of qualify conditions. Interested to see what the experience is like, I don’t know anyone who‘s been through the process. I hope the flowers and oils are decent and I’m not paying for dodgy product. :hmm:
My experience with UKMC is that it's good and strong (helps with my conditions for sure) but lacks a bit in the flavour/scent department as it's been dried very thoroughly (to comply with UK medical standards?).
I've only had flowers so far, but some balanced oil should be on it's way to me soon.
So far I've had: Tigerz eye, Chapel Of Love, Moroccan Peaches, Tokoloshe Sherbert, Strawberry Glue and Frosted Lemon Angel.
I'd rate the first four the highest of the strains I've had (obviously YMMV depending on your ailments) but the SG and FLA were both very effective too, just very dry and muted in terms of flavour/scent.
The variety of choice is pretty damn good, especially if you're used to the black market "I have one strain and I've no idea what it is, take it or leave it" end of the market!

Prices seem to range from £6.50 a gram up to £12-13 or thereabouts, and although I've started out with some of the more expensive strains I think I'll stick to £6.50 to £8.50 going forward (budgetary constraints).

The application process was a little bit of a ball-ache for me, as my qualifying condition is long standing and since I hadn't sought any new treatments for a long time there was no mention of it in my recent medical records. This meant that it took three attempts to get documentation that met the MC clinics criteria for qualification from my GP practice, but we got there in the end.

Good luck with your treatment, I doubt there is much risk of "dodgy product" as everything I've had so far has been fairly high standard (no pun) and although there have been some few reports of mould and seeds over on the UKMC subreddit most respondants seem happy and I certainly am, except for the somewhat dry condition of the bud (when compared to GOOD black market stuff).
My tolerance has leapt up since starting MC, but my clinic (Mamedica) seems amenable to upping my prescription if I decide I can afford it (I can't yet though).
Mamedica do seem to be struggling with admin' a little at the moment though due to staff sickness and expanding patient numbers, and may require 'chivvying along' to get stuff done on occasion, but they're pretty good and very friendly folk.

Top Bottom