Arizer Solo 3

Andjoe

I also have an AVLP with caps that was my go-to portable before the Solo 3. I know glass stems are a bit tricky to carry outside the house but if you go back a few posts there's a wood stem with a screen and SS bowl from Ed's TNT (link) that could make the Solo your go-to portable. It's not as convenient as caps but straw loading a stem is pretty quick. I'm gonna give the Solo 3 a trial run as my portable when my stem arrives from Ed's (couldn't resist!).

Edit: Just remembered there are also SS caps for the Solo
No one seems to be talking about caps with the Solo 3. I’d love to see someone’s experience with them on the 3.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
No one seems to be talking about caps with the Solo 3. I’d love to see someone’s experience with them on the 3.
I just started using my capsules from my Roffu. They fit i n the regular stems flush. I started at 428 just to see what would happen and I was plesently surprised. very nice rips with minimal draw resistance. 428 is too hot with the capsules, with the heater on the S3 I only go to 390 with capsules.
One last thing, the extraction is increased due to the added conventional heat :tup:.

Last edited:

Andjoe

I just started using my capsules from my Roffu. They fit i n the regular stems flush. I started at 428 just to see what would happen and I was plesently surprised. very nice rips with minimal draw resistance. 428 is too hot with the capsules, with the heater on the S3 I only go to 390 with capsules.
One last thing, the extraction is increased due to the added conventional heat :tup:.
Convection IS conventional!

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Convection IS conventional!
:D Sorry , I'm a former chef, thought I was in the kitchen again :lmao:. And convection and conventional are two different ovens.
Conventional ovens feature heating elements on the top and bottom of the oven cavity. Convection ovens have these elements in addition to a fan that helps circulate hot air throughout the oven cavity.

This question comes back often, so I will explain how I arrived at a consumption of 15 watts (I am an electrical engineer). I waited until the Solo 3 reached 0% battery (it turned off by itself), then I plugged in the 15 watts charger and turned on the Solo 3. I completed a session with the XL stem at 410 and 428 degrees Fahrenheit (max temperature). At the end of the session, I unplugged the charger. The Solo 3 showed 3% charge, indicating that the 15-watt charger supplied enough power to run the device at its highest temperature while charging the battery from 0% to 3%. This suggests that the heater consumes a little bit less than 15 watts. It also explains why the battery life is so long....

Mowgli2

This looks perfect. Does anyone know if the Roffu caps are the same size as the capsules for the potv Lobo or the Xmax V3? Or the Potv One?

Mowgli2,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Was this a thing? On the 2? Yikes. I thought they fixed all this airpath business.
Lets hope they do the solo 3 too. There is also a dab of processor silicone glue between the heater donut and the metal bucket in the air 2 ,so it might also in the 2 and 3 other than that gasket. Iff the new Solo 3 is even more powerful , i hope they removed that crap.
arizer-air-2-portable-vaporizer-stainless-steel-chamber--1024x256_2048x2048.jpg

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: davesmith

vpr85

Lets hope they do the solo 3 too. There is also a dab of processor silicone glue between the heater donut and the metal bucket in the air 2 ,so it might also in the 2 and 3 other than that gasket. Iff the new Solo 3 is even more powerful , i hope they removed that crap.
arizer-air-2-portable-vaporizer-stainless-steel-chamber--1024x256_2048x2048.jpg

It's not silicone glue. Someone on reddit goes around accusing Arizer about using thermal paste based on an old teardown from Puffitup that incorrectly stated that Arizer uses Thermal paste.

Here's a direct response from Arizer when asked to address those claims:
We use only high quality parts, from glass to silica free ceramics, there are no glues, the PCBs are lead free, no components contain mercury, all accessories are food/medical grade and temperature rated. All structure materials used inside are non-toxic and heat rated to temperatures much higher than the maximum operating temperature.

We do not use thermal paste. In the oven assembly of our portable devices we use a small amount (approximately 0.05g) of a very high quality powdered ceramic material to seal the connection between the thermocouples and wires. The ceramic powder is mixed with water to create a putty that is pure ceramic, completely safe and not thermal paste. The putty is used to seal the connections, then it is solidified in place with a high-temperature baking process. After the baking process, the material has the exact same composition as the ceramic heating element itself, and is completely safe for use; it safely insulates electricity, it withstands temperatures up to 1,800°F (982°C), it is silica free, inorganic, non-toxic, odorless, and extremely stable, so there is no potential for off-gassing or harmful fumes of any kind.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
NVM,i am glad it was not a silicone glue . I also used one for a bit and always felt something was off in the taste so attributed it to this.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

HighTime

@vpr85 In the teardown posted, it seems in order for air to reach the bottom of the SS chamber so that it can then pass through the four holes in that chamber to be then drawn through the glass tube/bowl and herb, it first has to pass through the hole at the bottom of the beige plastic piece that envelops the SS chamber. The group of wires also passes through this same hole in the beige plastic piece. Once in there, it seems the air also presumably makes contact with the ceramic heater and ceramic putty connected to the wires. The wires and so on, according to the Arizer quote, may be food/medical grade, heat rated, but air still appears to pass over them, and if that’s the case they would not be, technically, isolated from the air path.

HighTime,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Absolutely have vapes that can provide purer flavors in my experience, much simpler designs with less materials, mystery etc. However when I am using good bud, Solo3 still impresses, it is the bad bud that is just noticeably worse here unfortunately lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: cosimo

TheScamericann

The solo 3 is the king of vapes! Received mines on saturday and i haven't been able to put it down since. Effortless clouds, pure clean flavour and 1 Xl bowl is more than enough to get me proper baked. I done 2 XL bowlS one after another yesterday and hit a bad buzz, couldnt open my eyes without the whole room spinning 😂 So go easy folk this thing hits HAAAAARD!

davesmith

Glass Blower
anyone able to comment on the draw restriction? Compared to previous arizers? And how is the “sipability?” Does it produce much vapour without hauling on the stem? Tia

Petetbay

anyone able to comment on the draw restriction?
It is the most open Arizer I’ve used, but not as open as say a Mighty. There’s restriction, but I find it just right.
Compared to previous arizers?
I have the S2, Air Max, and the S2 Max and they were progressively more open, with the S3 even more open.
And how is the “sipability?”
Great any way you want it, with On Demand offering a host of options that you can set it anyway you want it. The latent heat of the heater in On Demand works excellent allowing additional pulls after the heater shuts off, it’s really quite amazing.
Does it produce much vapour without hauling on the stem?
That all depends what temps and how you’re running it. Lately I’m running the stem 1/8“ off the bowl for more convection effect and tasty clouds come easy and I don’t pull hard. I used to push the stem to the bottom to finish it off and you really taste the hardness then, but I find it unnecessary now to make sure the bowl is nicely roasted. The best roasts I get out of anything I have, some kind of alien tech. :2c:

Last edited:

Woolf

Hi!
I have watched sneaky petes Review and now im really confused. You should use on demand Mode if you like to Do little Breaks between your puffs? Or is it the Session Mode?
Thanks!

Woolf,

TheScamericann

Hi!
I have watched sneaky petes Review and now im really confused. You should use on demand Mode if you like to Do little Breaks between your puffs? Or is it the Session Mode?
Thanks!
On demand mode if you want to take one big puff then put it down. If you want to have a short break inbetween puffs session mode works great for it, i sometimes take 20 second breaks between puffs and it still tastes really good.

Top Bottom