Venty by Storz & Bickel

n0tu2

Greetings everyone, I need some help please. I wanted to know if that update for Venty...the most recent one a requirement update? Do we all need it even if our machines are working fine? Can I not do the update if my machine is fine? I am just scared the update will mess up my unit for some reason. This is my third one...so, I don't want to fix what is not broken. I could use your expertise anyone please?

I'd update it.. S&B definately fixed some things with 1.07.. prior to that (mine was 1.02) I was getting E04s but they were random and would just instantly restart/shutdown the device and it would be fine for a while after it rebooted itself.. After the update some confidence is again restored with the device... errors have been quiet.

Update was easy.. just plugged Venty in to charge (venty bluetooth wakes up for a bit right when charging starts) and did the update from my phone (android) sitting close to it. Never really had to turn Venty on and off during update.. just kept going back to webapp and reconnecting/continued the process about 3 times till the last go and Venty was ready for use, all updated.. As a precaution I set my phone screen timeout to 10mins so it wouldn't turn off/sleep during the update and watched the bouncy dots on the Venty screen. Phone maybe 3 feet from Venty.

I believe there is only a small number of true E04s (subcode 063 for sure is a dead unit) but all the ones people were seeing in the past were BS E04s caused by firmware bug and were returning them for no reason, lol. Old firmware gets into a funky state due to a series of unknown events/conditions and once it's in that state even hard reset doesn't restore it. It holds an error log.. Update and start abusing it like you used too 😀

Last edited:

n0tu2

I just vaped another bowl (same material) and it DIDN'T happen this time. No idea what's going on here. :lol:

LOL. Always happens like this.. Maybe the hot spot worked itself out (crossing fingers).. If you've ever worked with coils sometimes they get hot spots and you scrape them away with a screwdriver (ecig vaping) sometimes hot spot can equalize on its own just firing it for a while..

Do a few max temp empty bowl burn offs/cap off to be sure.. I do this after an ISO swab.. Blowing gently over the top of bowl until all iso vapor/residual resin vapor stops coming out of the bowl.. If you blow hard directly into the bowl it will show E05 temporarily (normal). Gentle breeze over the top.. Hope it doesn't come back!

AndyO

Greetings everyone, I need some help please. I wanted to know if that update for Venty...the most recent one a requirement update? Do we all need it even if our machines are working fine? Can I not do the update if my machine is fine? I am just scared the update will mess up my unit for some reason. This is my third one...so, I don't want to fix what is not broken. I could use your expertise anyone please?
I would personally update it regardless and keep it up to date. There is complex logic in how the sensors and everything work. Apparently ones leaving the factory since November have also had iterations, 1.3, 1.4, etc. A device like this especially purchased so close to launch you really want to keep up to date.

I guess I took a contrary opinion. I think the issues with the Venty are wildly overblown - but why fix what isn't broken?

While there are still any rumoured reliability issues, I don't have a lot of interest in a firmware update. I have that lever to pull if something goes wrong, but if I update for no reason and something goes wrong, I can't pull the lever of going backwards.

All that said, if something did go wrong, I guess I'm leaving myself open to S&B saying "well there was a firmware update available that could've prevented this."

AndyO,
Reactions: Dr. G

n0tu2

I can't install the new firmware on my iPhone via webble.
normally it loads it and then at the end it throws a message. see photo
Does anyone have any advice?
thanks a lot

Might be some security settings on your IPhone blocking? There is another one besides web ble right? Bluefy and some other apps do the same thing too.. maybe those will work..

Any Iphone users have any other options? Check web ble permissions and give it all it needs..

Try a different Iphone, tablet, an android phone.. or a laptop w/Chrome.. Anything that has the latest Chrome browser and bluetooth.. or a PC w/Edge? If using a laptop plug usb port in for power and start charging Venty from laptop.. to wake up Venty bluetooth.

I guess I took a contrary opinion. I think the issues with the Venty are wildly overblown - but why fix what isn't broken?

The 1.07 really does fix some bugs tho.. I think it's warranted just in case.. I saw 1.06 users getting the random E04s as well.. only one claim of E04 on 1.07 and it was an 063.. a real E04

n0tu2,

AndyO

The 1.07 really does fix some bugs tho.. I think it's warranted just in case.. I saw 1.06 users getting the random E04s as well.. only one claim of E04 on 1.07 and it was an 063.. a real E04

I think I'm still on 1.04. Haven't had any issues.

I did have a look at it the other day, but I wasn't able to update it from the Bluefy iphone app even if I'd wanted to.

AndyO,
Top Bottom