Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
stuey: no, the WPA can't change MFLB's heat retention. The PA does magically somehow, but the WPA can't. Vapor is always a stream. Even with the VXC.

Seek,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
i guess it has to do with the voltage.. the AA have too high a voltage for the MFLB.. that is what the PA does. You have variable voltage, meaning, you can vary how fast the herb heats. I am guessing that lower on the PA means longer time to heat up as well..

vorrange,

stuey

stuey: no, the WPA can't change MFLB's heat retention. The PA does magically somehow, but the WPA can't. Vapor is always a stream. Even with the VXC.

Im not sure what you mean.

Im asking if the idea of the MF + WPA is to acieve a continuous stream or to fill a bong and take one almighty hit. Nothing to do with MF heat retention.

stuey,

VapeVoice

Just got some Ansmann 27 Mah batteries and a charger in the mail. It isn't a quick charger unfortunately :( Has anyone used these batteries and what are your opinions? I searched and only found feedback on the 2500's. I'd also like to know of a decent yet relatively inexpensive quick charger that will work with these and the stock MFLB batteries. Thanks as always!

VapeVoice,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
stuey: so it can matter how big the water piece is. If it is very big, it can be filled and then inhaled (but you need big lungs for this). Smaller pieces duplicate the stream (imo better for vapor as vapor is always a stream).

Seek,

mudshark

Vaporist
VapeVoice said:
I'd also like to know of a decent yet relatively inexpensive quick charger that will work with these and the stock MFLB batteries.

The search function at the top right of The Magic-Flight Box thread can be your friend. Type in "quick charger" and select the search this thread only box. You will then find a post that talks about why quick chargers are not good for stock MFLB low self discharge batteries.

mudshark,

VapeVoice

Thanks. Found the info on the charger. Still not having any luck finding anyone who has tried the Ansmann 2700's. Anyone with experience, your comments would be greatly appreciated.

VapeVoice,
Have any of you guys ever had to get your MFLB replaced? How long does it usually take for the MFLB team to get back with you? I emailed them three days ago about my box's screen being separated from the trench and about getting a replacement. I sent them pictures of the problem and the # on the back of my box. Are they usually pretty slow when it comes to replacements? Because it sure didn't take them long to respond when I had questions about ordering.

HighPraise,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Have you send them your address too? They try to respond everything within 2 BUSSINESS days. Now weekends. I've sent pictures, description of a poblem, serial number and address and they responded in 2 days and sent it in few more days. Then it got here fast, I've just needed to go at customs for it.

Seek,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Ohhh man, the loss of my creepy pig gif avatar animation with the new software is probably a good thing for FC, but the loss of your butt cheeks is a true tragedy, Cuttybuddy. I can still see 'em wiggle if I close my eyes!

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Have any of you guys ever had to get your MFLB replaced? How long does it usually take for the MFLB team to get back with you? I emailed them three days ago about my box's screen being separated from the trench and about getting a replacement. I sent them pictures of the problem and the # on the back of my box. Are they usually pretty slow when it comes to replacements? Because it sure didn't take them long to respond when I had questions about ordering.

I think from the time, I contacted them, until the time I was holding my new warranty box (which was shipped PRIOR to me having to send back the broken one... which still worked)... was about a week, I believe. I sent them all the info, but they want it specific and a particular order (and I can't blame them for that, its certainly a reasonable request, for such an awesome company/warranty). But I originally contacted them on a Thurs/Fri and was holding my new box, the following Thurs.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Ohhh man, the loss of my creepy pig gif avatar animation with the new software is probably a good thing for FC, but the loss of your butt cheeks is a true tragedy, Cuttybuddy. I can still see 'em wiggle if I close my eyes!

I to... truly miss the buns.
rip.gif

Though, if you click on his avatar, you can relive the moments. :D

BigDaddyVapor,

vapirtoo

Hey cutty Buddy, nice ass, kind of thin though :lol: , now to your LB review.

I kind of agree that the LB fries the herb ,but I don't think it is combustion if
your technique is good.

I have combusted in my box from time to time and the taste is horrific ,vapor
is much different from smoke.

With care your LB can do just about anything you can do with other vapes.
I've even taken golden abv from my friends volcano and gotten great results with the LB.

I agree that the LB can come very close to combustion, but your skills keep everything
in vaporland.
All in all you made a good video review. :rockon:

vapirtoo,

OF

Hey guy I just did an HONEST review of the MFLB, check it out...don't get mad lol

OK. I'm sure it's honest and see nothing to get mad about. I think you're right in a lot of what you understand about how the box works (or doesn't). It heats by conduction, and also by IR radiation, not by heating the air. It could never be as efficient as it is doing that. Your 'zap is about 8 Watts, the LB very little more. You use that energy for a few minutes total and fully vape 3 or 4 times the content of a typical stem. Yes, it's technique intensive, but lots of guys figure it out. Look at the size of the MFLB discussion.

There is an excellent 'wiki' page on the box, lots of good information there:
www.vaporpedia.com

It's down right now, but worth looking into IMO if you really want to use your box. Thousands of guys are happy with theirs. How hard can it be? It is very different, though. Like the air draw thing. Notice that there's an air channel along the right side under the cover that enters the 'bowl' at about 1:30 viewed from the stem? Air slowly enters here, is pulled through the screen and out the bottom sweeping the vapors with it. Pull too hard and it cools off it's not like blazing, the coal doesn't fire up. It's a new skill, not hard, just different.

Anyway, perhaps some reading will change your understanding, and some honest experiments along the lines of the recommendations of successful owners will change your experience and you can join the ranks of those of us who enjoy the level of 'at one with the wood' you seem to enjoy with the 'zaps?

Thanks for the video.

OF

OF,

CuttyBuddy

Don't get me wrong, I make it happen. It vapes well, just not GREAT. If only vapes great if it is the only vaporizer you have around ;)

CuttyBuddy,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I don't mean to come off as belligerent... but the idea, you can't vape as efficiently or as thoroughly with the MFLB, in comparison to other vaporizers, is absurd.

Every trench, I dump from my LB is powdery dust by the time I'm done, with a uniform brown color.

(click to zoom)
20120323_175218.jpg

While its hard to get the color balance and lighting exact for this picture, I can guarantee you the Chemdawg ABV trench on the left, is void of any green and if rubbed between the fingers, is a dry, powdery substance. Contrast with the fresh trench on the right. Both are the same amount, the ABV is a significantly reduced mass on the left... in other words, void of any moisture.

All pulled off with a $40 glass piece, 2' whip, MFLB and PA.
20120323_170031.jpg

There is a reason, this is without even remote competition, the most dominant thread on this forum (over 16k posts and going strong). This thread is used as a reference ALL OVER the Internet. Its because, while the MFLB may take some getting used to, there is a learning curve... its recognized and utilized as a legitimate vapor tool. As much as ANY other device on the market.

EDIT: I use the Magic-Flight grinder, for that fine grind. Its perfect. Wish they made a big one, that gave me the same consistency, other than the coffee grinder I use for larger batches.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: okikir

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Don't get me wrong, I make it happen. It vapes well, just not GREAT. If only vapes great if it is the only vaporizer you have around ;)
Cutty, I don't disagree with the majority of your conclusions. It's a different way to vaporize, and people should be aware of that. I think it's a great device that performs well in some circumstances and even excels in certain stealth situations better than almost anything out there.

But you've stumbled across the conduction/convection divide and have (IMO) came to the correct conclustion that convection is an overall better method of vaporizing.

I don't use my box much anymore, but it is more for my own personal condition, and if I could I would probably use it more for it's stealthness.

I like options.

:peace:

Stu,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
But you've stumbled across the conduction/convection divide and have (IMO) came to the correct conclustion that convection is an overall better method of vaporizing.

If both methods, obtain the same results... what makes it anything other than personal preference (instead of a correct conclusion, about a better method)?

I understand I'm working on limited experience, but I did do a lot of research, prior to even getting back into marijuana and because of my health concerns was quite diligent.

In this discussion, I haven't ever seen definitive proof that either method, is "better".

BigDaddyVapor,

OF

In this discussion, I haven't ever seen definitive proof that either method, is "better".

Oh, it's out there all right. Right next to the proof than gin is better than Bourbon.

The goal is getting the THC out and leaving the junk behind and not combusting doing it. Or so I thought. Some techniques and devices will be easier, or cheaper, or more efficient but if you go on reaching the goal I agree it's hard to call anything that works a failure. From an energy standpoint, MFLB perhaps stands alone?

Besides which, sometimes playing with the LB or Vapman is a lot of fun for me....and I assume others.

OF

OF,

stuey

Cutty, you keep saying there is no air flow with the MF, but there is.

You should never press down the weed in the trench so that air is able to pass through the weed as easily as possible.

If you look at the top of the MF there is a small grove between the copper ring and the trench... this is where the air comes in from behind the box and is sucked down through the screen and the uncompressed weed.

stuey,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant

I do find that I can get an extra hit out of my MFLB AVB by putting it into a different vape- usually a SSV or Volcano- even if it looks totally cooked. It's only for desperate times as it's really not very tasty. I always put this down to the increased convective effects of the SSV or or Volcano. For me there are small 'trade off's' for the MFLB's stealth and portability.

WatTyler,

MSet

I certainly wouldn't say the MFLB is the best vape, I'm pretty sure it's been established there is no such thing. We all have different needs. The MFLB seems to fit those needs for a lot of people, stealth is a big factor. But there's no denying the engineering and thought put into this little thing to put it on par with most top dollar vapes. I've used the Volcano, other bag vapes and boxes too. They're fantastic, but I enjoy the personality of my MF.

MSet,

OF

I certainly wouldn't say the MFLB is the best vape, I'm pretty sure it's been established there is no such thing. We all have different needs. The MFLB seems to fit those needs for a lot of people, stealth is a big factor. But there's no denying the engineering and thought put into this little thing to put it on par with most top dollar vapes. I've used the Volcano, other bag vapes and boxes too. They're fantastic, but I enjoy the personality of my MF.

I tend to agree, there is no 'best vape'. And in a way kinda lucky, this forum would be really really dull if that was the case.....

However, MFLB might just be 'the best second vape'? It will do a lot in 'good hands'. It's good at lots of useful traits (portable, discrete, silent, efficient, and so on) that other vapes might not be. It's kinda fun to use (usually, when you get to know it) and generally gives lots of pride in ownership as you become friends and learn more about it. And it's low in cost, really tough, and has a super guarantee. Clearly a winning combination for many.

I'm not sure it makes a good first vape (too much going on), but a serious guy ought to at least seriously consider it once he understands what vaping is all about.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom