vapirtoo

Try short sips with 1 or 2 second breaks in between (micro-hitting).
How dark is your ABV when you are done?
Buzz wize, have you been vaping long? The high is kind of
differeent from combusting.

vapirtoo,

afterthelaughter

When I'm micro-hitting, should I be holding the battery in the whole time? How short should the sips be?

The ABV seems to range in color when I deem it to be kicked. There's some bits that come out a dark brown, others are medium, and I still see a little green in there.

EDIT: I haven't been vaping too long, either. I got the MF about 2 weeks ago, and prior to that, I only tried a VaporBros a couple of times.

afterthelaughter,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I do leave battery in when I'm micro-hitting. I can tell if it starts to get too hot then I either pull battery or draw a bit faster. Micro-hits are very short hits like you are sipping and it allows some heat to build up.

If you have trouble gauging the heat you can also lift your tongue and let heat hit under your tongue. I don't do this anymore but I did early on.

It does take a little time to get hang of things but once you master the LB - it ROCKS!

Your draw speed has to change depending on whether your battery is freshly charged or starting to fade. As the battery fades I need to either micro hit or slow down my draw.

Lo,

toadyfatz

afterthelaughter said:
Hey guys, I'm lookin for some tips on getting the most out of my MF. I'm not sure if I'm grinding it finely enough. I use a Cosmic Case medium size grinder and drop the bud in. Should I be grinding more finely? If so, what's the best way to get a good grind?

Secondly, I'm not sure if I'm inhaling the best way. Should I be sucking it in, like making a kissy-face, or more like deep breathing? I get pretty buzzed, but I don't feel like I'm as buzzed as I would be with a pipe.

For the grind. I recommend a fine grind for sure. Almost salt like etc...I started with some nice 2 piece grinders and my herb was quite sticky so this was just a pain in the a!! and I never got it as fine as it needed to be. My solution was a nice $20 Capresso Coffee grinder! It even collects kief like a champ in the ridges on the lid. So much easier and quicker then hand grinding imo...with a much better outcome also. I will never go back! When I inhale it is very very lightly like sipping coffee or soup etc...I also use the micro hitting method also especially when my batteries start to die down a bit. My method with this is just about a 2 second or so LIGHT draw hit then stop and let it heat up a second or two and repeat. I do not remove the battery during the pause. I would say get that very fine grind and then try hitting the box with an even lighter draw than what you have been doing....When I inhale it is so lightly that you can barely tell I'm inhaling looking at my face etc....def no sucking it in kissy face like you were saying above....I will say it again just because I believe in it so much....a good coffee grinder is your best friend!! Good luck! Also one more thing that works great for me is using a Tic Tac container for my ground up herb. It is a great way to store a little ground herb for a day or two and it works perfect for filling the trench etc....Good luck! Once you get this box down you will love it!

toadyfatz,

SmokingElectricity

i got my whip attachment in the mail today and boy does it make a big difference. cools down the smoke very well. nice 420. :ko:

SmokingElectricity,

Spacenstein

george said:
The box has not change as much as Space said. You shouldnt really make speculations like that if you dont know for sure.

I removed my post, but if I remember correctly.. in my 4 line list, I made sure to say like, not sure, can't confirm, looks, seems, etc.. I was pointing out things I saw as minor differences.. not claiming to know the entire secret behind the LB construction.

Spacenstein,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Everyone,

Here are some pictures of the power adapter.

IMG_1624_01.jpg

IMG_1619_01.jpg

IMG_1622_01.jpg

I can also answer some questions that have been asked:

It comes in two parts, a wall adapter and 6 feet of cord, and a converter with 3 feet of cord. There is an option to use a auto adapter instead of the wall adapter, which will be sold separately (it will be fairly inexpensive). A test-unit Box has been included to indicate scale (although the Box is virgin, the screen discolored due to previous overpower testing).

The converter does have an adjustment that will control the amount of heat in the Box. It can be set from cooler than most batteries to a value higher than any battery currently available -- and everything in between. There is also a push button at the back end of the battery plug that is used to turn the unit on. The nipple of the battery plug is extra long so as to be compatible with newer Boxes that have the battery push--back ring. The adapter should work with all previously made Boxes, regardless of when purchased.

The converter itself houses most of the power electronics. The casing is made of brass and has two maple end caps. Engraving images have not yet been applied.

In regards to the Box itself, recent changes have been a gradual shift from using Birch hardwood to Maple hardwood (better machining characteristics). We have also reformulated the terminal pins to no longer require a copper plating. Overall, these changes result in a minor improvement to the visual aesthetic of the Box without affecting the functionality.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Nycdeisel

Looks good! Do you have pictures of the Box with the new improvements(however minor they may be).

Nycdeisel,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Nycdeisel said:
Looks good! Do you have pictures of the Box with the new improvements(however minor they may be).

Thanks! Actually, that test unit is one of the new ones. Really, the only way you can tell is the lighter color of the coil. The wood looks nearly the same from Birch to Maple -- they both tend to be lighter color woods with occasional darker colors.

magicflight,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@MF Any idea yet when these beta units will become available? I know there are lots of us waiting to get our hands on one.

It looks just like I imagined it would. The adjustable power is a very nice touch. I can't wait!

Stu,

Nycdeisel

Oh yes, now that I look closer I can see a difference in the wood. How does the density of the two woods compare? I see this as a variable with other wood bodied vaporizers.

Nycdeisel,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Stu said:
@MF Any idea yet when these beta units will become available? I know there are lots of us waiting to get our hands on one.

It looks just like I imagined it would. The adjustable power is a very nice touch. I can't wait!

We are hoping to start shipping Beta units very soon (days). There are a number of last minute things we are trying to get done before opening up the ordering system for these. Not all of them have cleared the production line yet, so things may go on a pre-order basis. Not sure yet -- will know by mid next week.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Nycdeisel said:
How does the density of the two woods compare?

I would estimate that the Maple is about 10 to 15% harder/denser than the Birch. Given that these were once live/organic trees, each unit is unique. Naturally, some of them look really good and others are more average (we cull the wood before processing).

magicflight,

Hammerzeit

Well something interesting is going on with my box. The pushback always worked before - I stop pushing on the battery and it breaks the circuit.

Now I stop pushing but the battery is still in contact. :o I combusted last night - no damage done but I'm wondering if I unseated the o-ring or something.

Hammerzeit,

Nycdeisel

Very interesting, I guess for now I will just look forward to using my warranty and acquiring a Box with the pushback ring and new wood

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Nycdeisel said:
Very interesting, I guess for now I will just look forward to using my warranty and acquiring a Box with the pushback ring and new wood

I think it's sacreligious to "look forward" to the demise of your lovable little box.... Rather, you should "confidently await the arrival of the newer model should my lb ever meet it's unfortunate fate"

My :2c:

Cheers!

Stu,

Nycdeisel

Thats what I meant, I love my little LB, I just wish I had the battery pushback ring and the other ring.

Nycdeisel,

george

nyc - buy the pushback ring for under a dollar! :)

Pumped to see the pictures come out finally. Everything about it seems right. The adjust, the cord length, the matching wood.

Good job MF! Givin the customers exactly what they asked for.

george,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Spacenstein said:
george said:
The box has not change as much as Space said. You shouldnt really make speculations like that if you dont know for sure.

I removed my post, but if I remember correctly.. in my 4 line list, I made sure to say like, not sure, can't confirm, looks, seems, etc.. I was pointing out things I saw as minor differences.. not claiming to know the entire secret behind the LB construction.

It turns out that you were correct in the change to stainless steel from copper-clad steel for the battery coil, and that there are now maple LBs that could be darker. I will be updating the Vaporpedia entry to reflect these changes shortly. Well, island-time shortly. Those of you who have spent time on Maui know what that means.

Vindication is yours! Vape a trench to celebrate.

pakalolo,

Nycdeisel

I thought there was some sort of special tool needed to properly install the pushback ring?

Nycdeisel,

afterthelaughter

toadyfatz said:
For the grind. I recommend a fine grind for sure. Almost salt like etc...I started with some nice 2 piece grinders and my herb was quite sticky so this was just a pain in the a!! and I never got it as fine as it needed to be. My solution was a nice $20 Capresso Coffee grinder! It even collects kief like a champ in the ridges on the lid. So much easier and quicker then hand grinding imo...with a much better outcome also. I will never go back! When I inhale it is very very lightly like sipping coffee or soup etc...I also use the micro hitting method also especially when my batteries start to die down a bit. My method with this is just about a 2 second or so LIGHT draw hit then stop and let it heat up a second or two and repeat. I do not remove the battery during the pause. I would say get that very fine grind and then try hitting the box with an even lighter draw than what you have been doing....When I inhale it is so lightly that you can barely tell I'm inhaling looking at my face etc....def no sucking it in kissy face like you were saying above....I will say it again just because I believe in it so much....a good coffee grinder is your best friend!! Good luck! Also one more thing that works great for me is using a Tic Tac container for my ground up herb. It is a great way to store a little ground herb for a day or two and it works perfect for filling the trench etc....Good luck! Once you get this box down you will love it!

Thanks for all the info! Is that coffee grinder just a regular blade grinder then?

afterthelaughter,

george

Nycdeisel said:
I thought there was some sort of special tool needed to properly install the pushback ring?

Nope. The pushback ring is easily removed or put into any box.

The O ring around the trench is what you're thinking of. Someone mentioned that they couldn't get it back in, then i believe magicflight said that they use a special tool to put it in.

george,

slain

Vapor Vision
Cant wait till that home adapter is available. lazy football sundays will have a new meaning of lazy lol

slain,
Top Bottom