The J-hook thread!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@Bologna thanks for introducing me to simple glass. I really like his work. I like that he’s west coast too. I am well covered with dry pipes but I will most definitely be getting one of his gong bubblers or two

I just need to ask the misses to let me use her social media to reach out
Cheers! Yeah, I'm most interested in the bubblers with removable downstems and the standing j-hooks or "Handles" as Craig calls them...

I'd like to see what he comes up with for a 3-piece after showing him the Goo Roo and it's "inspiration" :razz:, the Sheldon Black...:brow::nod:

He is also available on GlassPass, if that helps any?

:peace:

coolbreeze

Cheers! Yeah, I'm most interested in the bubblers with removable downstems...
Those are pretty sweet!
public

Ariwe

Those are pretty sweet!
public
Almost succumbed to one of these earlier but ended up ordering a GVB U Hook instead. I’ll definitely get one eventually, curious to see the stuff he comes up with!

LordOfTheVapes

Almost succumbed to one of these earlier but ended up ordering a GVB U Hook instead. I’ll definitely get one eventually, curious to see the stuff he comes up with!

Hello?! 🤩

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Those are pretty sweet!
public
Yeah those are cool, too, but I already own a similar Tater Tot and I really want the pieces that stand or rest to have the intake as plumb and level, or perpendicular to the surface it's on as possible.... these are the ones I'm looking a getting with a hook or 2:

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/post-1791088

4 pieces will end up costing about what I was considering paying for one up until couple of weeks ago. And with these I won't be nervous taking em out and about.... to the beach or "comfort camping" (as I call it when I go with my wife and kids) friends houses, parties etc.

Almost pure "utility" pieces, if you will..

Yes, place to store the banger when vaping herb device/wpa. Usually you would store the banger in a stand of some sort, but this works and would be as secure as the glass piece which looks pretty solid with the glass base.
:2c:
Awesome, thanks for the thoughts (and effort!) Unfortunately, nobody else seems too interested... but I'll give it a few more days for the rare few that are able to "free think" usage scenarios and offer input before giving Craig our final assessment...:tup::peace:

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
What do y'all think of Craig's latest....?!:

This is also just him, btw, with very little input at all from me since the getgo... I dunno if he's always like this, but it kinda feels like WE (yes, he's been perusing the site on his own) might be inspiring someone....:tup::peace:

Last edited:

coolbreeze

What do y'all think of Craig's latest....?!:
This is also just him, btw, with very little input at all from me since the getgo... I dunno if he's always like this, but it kinda feels like WE (yes, he's been perusing the site on his own) might be inspiring someone....:tup::peace:
That's really nice!

gmocooties

I love the bamboo like texture!

The holder would put me off though since I pick my pieces up rather than bend to them so I might not use it... A q tip holder on the other hand... That might be really useful.... Actually could use the aromatherapy bowl airizer used to supply with the EQ to hold stuff.
Yeah I was thinking of this too! Could pop something in there to store your bits - a brush, poker, etc. Arizer cup is a great idea (although it's a female joint isn't it? Can't remember) or you could use a big 18mm to 24mm adapter or something. Handy for swapping types of bowls too, e.g. glass and titanium for a ball vape. Hell, could be handy to store a second little vape... I'm thinking of you lucky buggers with multiple Lotuses haha - might as well use them all! Also a good spot to pop your elev8r while you stir your bowl 😎

If he's looking for inspiration, I like the idea of a J-hook with an added curve towards the mouthpiece - like a tenor saxophone, is the best way I can think to describe it lol. More exaggerated though, if that makes sense. See the 'tenor' here for reference, second from the right:

images

A fairly simple addition, but would be an interesting take on the traditional sherlock? Would provide a little extra cooling too. Could even try the 'basse' shape for something extra adventurous! 😜

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yeah I was thinking of this too! Could pop something in there to store your bits - a brush, poker, etc. Arizer cup is a great idea (although it's a female joint isn't it? Can't remember) or you could use a big 18mm to 24mm adapter or something. Handy for swapping types of bowls too, e.g. glass and titanium for a ball vape. Hell, could be handy to store a second little vape... I'm thinking of you lucky buggers with multiple Lotuses haha - might as well use them all! Also a good spot to pop your elev8r while you stir your bowl 😎

If he's looking for inspiration, I like the idea of a J-hook with an added curve towards the mouthpiece - like a tenor saxophone, is the best way I can think to describe it lol. More exaggerated though, if that makes sense. See the 'tenor' here for reference, second from the right:

images

A fairly simple addition, but would be an interesting take on the traditional sherlock? Would provide a little extra cooling too. Could even try the 'basse' shape for something extra adventurous! 😜
Sweet! LUV IT!

Although, ha, where'd you get that pic... The Old Testament? Pretty sure said "Basse" or Bass Saxamophone is known today, as "Baritone", see:
structure_p02_01.jpg

Musta not been invented yet...ha :hmm::haw::freak:🤡✌️

KEEP 'EM COMIN', FOLKS!

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Did you ever get a glasspipe? I was thinking about whether to get this or the herborizer sherlock and I notice you have asked previously for comparisons. ✌️
Hola! Not yet...getting Tempest kinda messed the plans, in a good way tho...checking this thread also gave new ideas/desires with so many nice j-hooks posted.

Top Bottom