Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

kertong said:
@OF: Harborside SJ does not sell "Pure Gold", but instead they do sell something almost identical called "THC Gold". It looks to be darker and more amber in color, and I'm guessing it doesn't have the lemon/citrus scent added. The biggest difference though, seems to be the CBD content - the pure gold tests at 73% thc / 5% CBD according to elemental wellness, while the THC Gold tests at 73% and <1% CBD. ymmv though, I hear % test results vary quite a bit too so I'm not sure how reliable it is.

Full points, I'd missed that important detail in my haste (never been there myself though could some day like Elemental and Harborside Oak). You're also right, THC is in line with normal range batches of PG, but the CBD is low (which is good or bad depending....). I wonder what the story there is? Who makes it, is the process basically the same?

Thanks for the information. Yet more variables in a fun game.

OF

OF,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Thanks for the help Gary going to follow your instructions and try again! Thanks for the quick customer service that was awesome.

BossBrew,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys the Herb Cartridges if we get them to work right will allow solid extracts ie water extracts to work as well.
This will also double as the nail cartridge.

The herb attachment im not to sure if we can get solids to work on it yet. We will see.

Once again Herb cartridges for the Omicron under development,

Herb attachment for the Perei under development.

The alpha might either get a attachment or a cartridge option. Right now we still working on the design of the alpha.

Also in the works are GonG attachment

and many more projects.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Omiron Review!

So, I bought mine a week ago. The first thing I realized was that the form-factor was the exact same thing as any Chinese cartomizer. This kind of irked me, or at least stimulated the need to order some other ones and compare.

I bought some "Delta 9 Co2" from a club. looked more like frozen sugar.
Hit decent, but pretty poorly. However the efficiency and strength were still fairly mind blowing.

I then ordered a pass through battery from a ecig store (Looks like omicron's base but you can use it plugged in and it has a battery) for 20 bucks, and some CE2 ceramic cartomizers. (5 for 10 bucks, stainless).

My next Omicron experience was a friend giving me some "Co2 oil" from a machine "he had seen himself"...
Orange viscous oil.... Whatevers... oh SHIT. This thing hit like a BONGLOAD! Instantly, knocked in the head, huge clouds.
But... a little harsh... and too strong, gave me the fear. Felt more like shrooms. And the Cart leaked. That's 2 bad carts so far...

Round 1 cheap mod:
My passthrough arrived with the ceramic carts. Both felt much lighter and flimsier than omi counterparts. The adapters did not work with omicron cartridges (they must be having them manufactured with a unique threading). I took the rubber cap off the cartridge revealing a rubber gasket. Took that out, revealing a plastic washer (What the fuck, ceramic??). Took that out and we were all good, just ceramic, and the thread - some kind of wire maybe... I was like fuck it, and carefully poured some oil in...

Hit like a grandmaster champ! Instant Clouds! But... as the vapor settled, I noticed a pretty nasty taste in my mouth. Seems to be either getting too hot, or the carts are nasty, not sure! Also, way too hard to fill, you could never get a solid to melt into it without a perfect icing tip...

As much as I wanted it to be good, the omi just tastes way the fuck better. Omi carts are just so much better that I'm willing to pay more.

Round 3 Omivape:
I got my hands on some BHO made PROPERLY with a activated carbon filter and vacuum purged. Say what you like about the carbon, this shit was like light amber sticky glass... and most importantly, hits so perfectly... no spilling, no clogging, and MOST OF ALL the HIGH!!!! So mellow. No fear, just videogames and munchies baby!!

Bottom line:

Omivape rules, there is no real alternative yet unless you really broke and have free hash oil.

The battery is under-par for the price, so I hope they either make an adapter for other batteries (or someone else just makes one to sell for a premium). However, I imagine Omivape will be stepping up soon with some better batteries - they seem to really want to stay in the market and conform to its needs. At the very least we need a passthrough. Also the ability to buy another battery for less then 100 bucks if you made the mistake of not getting the double kit would be nice = the fact that you cant is a bit obnoxious though i haven't tried asking nicely yet ;)

I don't think they make them here - they probably just identified the best form factor and had it custom built by whoever in China is making all of these (must be the same, or at least with the same machinery).
But props to them! And if they succeed in making it work with weed/bubble, then they will entirely curb my interest in modding.

Co2 is too strong for me in these, clogs, is harsher and the high is anything but organic feeling - whereas a perfect-made filtered bho (good luck finding it), is where it's at.

The unique threading is obnoxious - but so is Apple and I have fucking 4 of them (and 2 hackintosh hahaha...) Cry me a river, id do the same if I was manufacturing them.

Finally, requests to DELTA9/OMIVAPE:

Kill the logo man, I don't want a cop recognizing my fucking vapor pen! Stamp it with E-Cig or some shit, or at least offer a stealth version to those that prefer no dead giveaways. Omi will soon take over the trend of magic flight, and therefore cops will recognize them.

I want a battery I can be proud of paying more for. Guess I'll have to buy a persei eventually eh? Thing is , I dont need it to hit harder for gods sake, I just want it to be pimp (longer life, pass through, desktop stand).

More silly ides: locator (pretty easy to set down when you take a hit and wander off). Inline water filter mouthpiece. I like the glass mouthpieces they just put up on the Delta site, but I did the same with a little piece of tube and a old vaporbros mouthpiece.

Hope this shit is helpful to someone. Peace

Zorro420shouldbefree,

OF

Deleted, wrong forum.....someone wasn't paying attention.....

OF

OF,

VirginHarvester

Clogging issues- So I have a cart loaded with budder and it always seems clogged. If it is clogged where is the clog, center tube? I have to prime it 4-6 times and draw hard to get it to hit. Any thoughts?

dankd420 said:
Since a few people found it usefull i took a few more minutes today to cleanup the Weedmaps menu search. Same functionality just looks a little nicer
Great work, really like this! Is it possible to produce one that will search Los Angeles collectives? The results seem to be northern California clubs.

VirginHarvester,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
VirginHarvester said:
Clogging issues- So I have a cart loaded with budder and it always seems clogged. If it is clogged where is the clog, center tube? I have to prime it 4-6 times and draw hard to get it to hit. Any thoughts?
I'm a noob but have used mostly budder in my Omicron. I need to use a wire to the airhole almost once a day. One thing that helps is making sure it is clear before you put it away and no matter what, don't puff hard on it. Also when you load the budder, preheat the cart to keep the oil flowing to the bottom of the cart. When I made sure to do this the carts have performed better for me.

Jeppy,

OF

VirginHarvester said:

Most likely in the 'flue' tube in the center. Eventually you usually end up pulling the oil up and out the top typically, it collects in the mouthpiece. The fix is to run a needle or similar gently down the tube. Dipping in ISO is recommended, although I don't like the idea so make do with just warming it up. You've got to be careful not to go too far, the heater is down there and a ding in it could be fatal. I use a number 2 safety pin (I'm sure you have them all over, right?) as it's just the right size (nominal 2 inches) so the spring stops the pin at the right point. I've got one in the little kit, and a couple elsewhere.

You end up poking the oil back down to the little furnace that surrounds the second heater where it hopefully gets vaporized again. Some oils will behave well (not clog) if you hit them a little harder and pull until it cools off.

Good luck, it's worth it sorting the details out.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Darker oils are the ones that clog, hitting to hard, or the cartridge is used continuously for about 1 minute. To remedy this we have another design coming out that we have been working on.

Rufrothy had the same issue but he was hitting to soft, he started inhaling faster and it seemed to work for him.

These cartridges where first generation released, after the months of feed back we got we are trying to improve the design on our second generation.

Please bare with us as we are trying to improve.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
VirginHarvester said:

dankd420 said:
Since a few people found it usefull i took a few more minutes today to cleanup the Weedmaps menu search. Same functionality just looks a little nicer
Great work, really like this! Is it possible to produce one that will search Los Angeles collectives? The results seem to be northern California clubs.

Thats normal depending on a # of factors. just prime and hit.

try drawing harder and see if that makes it better or worse. Most of my issues with clogs like this were not drawing enough.

Another tip is that if you can draw through the unit a few times over a few minutes as it cools down the airpath will be clean next time its used.

If your going to clean with a pin. clean from the bottom as thats where the clog lives. The stuff that comes out the top started life collecting in the bottom.

The viscosity of the concentrate and the variations in the cart seem to account for the rest of the variation.

I have carts that need 10 primes to get going and some that need 1 or 2. Generally this is also a sign that the cart is full. the full level seems to effect the flow. When the concentrates diminish the priming will get easier too. gravity is certainly helping extra concentrate flow down on occasion.

DankD420: Thanks for the script. as others have pointed out unfortunately it gives too many false positives. dunno whats up with the weedmaps API. cool stuff though.

ru_frothi,

bruno13

insomniac
VirginHarvester said:

To reduce clogs only do one dose at a time (Hold the device to your mouth and inhale gently while holding the button for 7 seconds. release when light flashes and stop inhaling after about one additional second). Don't do the Flute method (4 seconds on 2 seconds off, for the duration of the hit) or the Deep pull method (6 seconds on 2 seconds off, repeat for the duration of the desired lung capacity). The second two give bigger doses but I find cause bigger and more frequent clogs.

To deal with clogs wait about five minutes after your session. Pick up your cold cart and puff on it once to pop the clog. It should now stay clear until you use it again.

Once in a while I will clean it out with a paper clip that I have cut to be the perfect length for top and bottom of the cart.
d2aa3256.jpg

Also shown in the image is my way of keeping track of which cart is which. I use colored o-rings. Blue - blue dream, yellow - pure gold, green - green crac.

The ones I am using are not perfect, they are alittle small. If you are interested in these I got them from an ecig site (vaporheads.net). They are called flav-o-rings and are o-rings for 510 drip tips. As I said they are alittle small but you can stretch them on. They were $2.50 for 10.

bruno13,

OF

bruno13 said:
Also shown in the image is my way of keeping track of which cart is which. I use colored o-rings. Blue - blue dream, yellow - pure gold, green - green crac.

Very cool, where do you get the colored o-rings?

TIA

OF

OF,

franky2222

I have not been using my omnicron in months beacose my shiity runny oil always leaks/glogs no mater what im hoping the new carts will be better i use iso hash oil

franky2222,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I save my "wax paper' sleeves the new carts come in.. and I label those with my meds names.
I have a holder that keeps them standing up. I do not confuse them, as I only use one cart at a time.
Photoon2012-01-08at12322.jpg

Vitolo,

BossBrew

Metalhead
franky2222 said:
I have not been using my omnicron in months beacose my shiity runny oil always leaks/glogs no mater what im hoping the new carts will be better i use iso hash oil
Sorry to hear that. Yesterday I experienced my first leaky cartridge with PureGold. Definitely user error by pulling too hard.

The leak-proof carts are going to be awesome. I'm looking forward to anything released by the team behind Omicron to be perfectly honest. :ko:

BossBrew,

bruno13

insomniac
OF said:
Very cool, where do you get the colored o-rings?

TIA

OF

The ones I am using are not perfect, they are alittle small. Hopefully, thc will offer something like these but better in the furture. If you are interested in these I got them from an ecig site (vaporheads.net). They are called flav-o-rings and are o-rings for 510 drip tips. As I said they are alittle small but you can stretch them on. They were $2.50 for 10.

bruno13,

OF

bruno13 said:
The ones I am using are not perfect, they are alittle small. Hopefull, thc will offer something like these but better in the furture. If you are interested in these I got them from an ecig site (vaporheads.net). They are called flav-o-rings and are o-rings for 510 drip tips. As I said they are alittle small but you can stretch them on. They were $2.50 for 10.

Thanks very much, until THC comes up with something better, this seems like a good call. I'm on it.....

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
bruno13 said:
Awesome Post by Bruno

Agreed. I defintely notice most clogs happen after extensive sessions where the unit gets really hot than after just 1 or 2 pulls. But then again I have taken certain carts (NitroOg and Co2 HB) to all day shows at shoreline for 2 days straight and 0 issues and we flogged both sticks all day.

Every concentrate I have tried seems to have its own characteristics.

o-rings are cool idea too....

more stuff for the wiki article.

ru_frothi,

JoeKickass

Zorro420shouldbefree said:
...Finally, requests to DELTA9/OMIVAPE:

Kill the logo man, I don't want a cop recognizing my fucking vapor pen! Stamp it with E-Cig or some shit, or at least offer a stealth version to those that prefer no dead giveaways. Omi will soon take over the trend of magic flight, and therefore cops will recognize them....

Here's a DIY:

-Buy brand new, very sharp Razor Blades.

-Hold at a very shallow angle and lightly scrape.

-Repeat.

You get the tiniest of scratches and very faint ghost letters but I think it looks great! And no acetone or paint thinner or anything to mess up the battery:

ESpEj.jpg

gZa1e.jpg

JoeKickass,
Reactions: rufrothy

BrownsBearsBeers

thank you for posting how you got the label off. i was thinking of taking rubbing alcohol or paint thinner but that seems easier to scrape with a razor. i figure it be safer to have no label.

its been pretty mild winter in the midwest but seems to be fine at lower sub 40 temps. have been using it around the city and no one seems to notice. I have a few friends that use e ciggs so they are familiar. one person picked up on the smell while waiting in a line to get in the bar but was still clueless that it was coming from me.

happy to report still no leaks either. In two week I have gone thru 0.4 grams of bho which i feel will be less as I have all of my friends wanting to try it out. very happy so far

excited to hear on all the new products

BrownsBearsBeers,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The most efficient device guys most people cartridge last weeks.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

BossBrew

Metalhead
Thought I used my last cart to load .5g of PureGold but it turns out I ordered extras a week ago! I completely forgot that I purchased these! The Omicron is doing a number on my short term memory. In other words, this device is highly effective and it fucking rocks.

Anyone try the PureGold Plus? This stuff is even more delicious than the original! Tetralabs added terpenoids to the original formula and released it as a limited edition. Got 2.5 grams of it as a birthday gift yesterday!

Here's a video of the PureGold Plus.

Proud to say that I have treated this second cart of PG much more gentle and the results are impressive. Thick, effortless clouds that taste like citrus!

Gentleman, we have liftoff. :ko:

BossBrew,
Top Bottom