Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass said:
NorCalRedneck said:
I like trying to fit inside small holes but this is ridiculous.......he heh

Thanx for ALL the help!!!

Redneck

I had a feeling you might try to do it that way... that's why I posted my pic.

If you take a small screwdriver you can push out the center bit. Just thread the red wire through the rubber and solder the wire on the other side. Then push the center back into the rubber and viola!

Battery Edit: What jam band said is true but luckily we have lots of bits of metal between us and the Omicron battery. If the battery does go runaway for whatever reason the metal cap on the bottom should just pop off, if THC designed it right... otherwise it might pop the positive plate and vent up through the cartridge :o

Thanx.......again.......

Redneck

NorCalRedneck,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Here is an article about the same story that the video was about... http://www.csdecisions.com/2012/02/15/e-cig-explodes-in-florida-mans-mouth/

StickyShisha said:
i've got no video here, at work. whats the cnn story about?
is there a picture you can post?

Here is some info about more battery safety...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...oding-mods-current-situation.html#post5146201

I hope THC has some kind of safety data to offer for the persei users...

jambandphan03,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I repaired my charger's damage, with no soldering iron, by simply stripping the red wire partially... and laying the copper thread along side of the now detached post...
then I forced the post back in place with the wire laying along it... the wire being there was just enough extra material in that hole to wedge the post in securely!
ejakqx.jpg

Vitolo,
Reactions: rufrothy

kingcha

Can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I was just wondering tho, if for a first time "e-cig/vape" user, should I stick to the original omicron to get a feel, or should I wait for the persei to come out and start off with that one? Any suggestions will help! :D From what I've been reading, it seems that the only real real difference is the two times stronger batter voltage??

kingcha,

kertong

*please delete me*
Just thought I'd update the local south bay omi heads:

harborside is now carrying something they call "hypercritical" honey oil. True CO2 extract according to the budtender. Oil is a nice copper orange, viscosity seem to be soft and liquidy, almost like a vaseline.

Will be hitting it in an hour or two after I take care of a few things, will post with an update here :) Took pics below, one of a tiny bead of oil on the head of a torx T5 driver under a 45X pocket microscope. :)

5QTYI.jpg

2xRKR.jpg

kertong,

bruno13

insomniac
I got the adapters from delta9 just so I could use a 510 charger as a backup. I have been using one for quite a while and it works with no problems. Mine is only .200 ma out so it takes alot longer to charge but it works fine.

bruno13,

TheBake12

My omicron has worked great till now, every time i push the button it blinks 8 times (with or without cartridge attached). When I plug it in to charge the light stays green and the button doesn't glow or anything almost as if it doesn't recognize the battery because when i push the button it does the same 8 blinks. I'm just wondering if something is wrong with my battery or charger and if theres anyway to fix it.

TheBake12,

kertong

*please delete me*
thebake12: it sounds like you have a dead batt, when its too low it'll blink as soon as you press the button. If the charger never turns red, that's your problem. Try cleaning the contacts on both the charger and batt with a qtip dipped in iso alcohol, that usually helps. If not, you may have to get a new charger, I think thc sci will replace them under warranty...

kertong,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
kingcha said:
Can't wait to get my hands on one of these. I was just wondering tho, if for a first time "e-cig/vape" user, should I stick to the original omicron to get a feel, or should I wait for the persei to come out and start off with that one? Any suggestions will help! :D From what I've been reading, it seems that the only real real difference is the two times stronger batter voltage??
I guess that depends on how long you want to wait. You can get the Omi now, and have it around a while and let the first round of Persei come out... sometimes good to wait and see how it goes for the release... :2c:

jambandphan03,

Mflbparox

can someone please tell me why the video of the HERB CARTRIDGE GOT TAKEN OFF OF YOUTUBE? I just bought one of these to wait for it and now wtf...

Mflbparox,

Shenk408

Justin
Mflbparox said:
can someone please tell me why the video of the HERB CARTRIDGE GOT TAKEN OFF OF YOUTUBE? I just bought one of these to wait for it and now wtf...
Video was to show a sneak peak prototype of the herb cart.
It is still in production and THC is probably waiting to film a new video that will give a better example of the final product.
Just my 2cents. And from what i have heard there hasn't been a stoppage in developing it there just some higher priority projects coming out before omi herb cart

Shenk408,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
jambandphan03 said:
unfortunately, this can happen with many of the lithium battery devices as well, including cell phones and laptops. It is horrible that his battery vented in his face, and that also can happen when you stack batteries (careful persei users) it is VERY important to know your battery info when stacking for high voltage use. I hope that gets covered when the persei gets released. It is not a common problem, and I wonder if something shorted out the battery (like a cheap atomizer that was not wired properly) in the case of that e cig exploding. Most ecig style batteries have a circuit protection in line, that is supposed to cut connection if it overloads, so the battery does not blow. That is also true of the "protected" style batteries you should use in the persei.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/217880-exploding-ego-t-battery.html

Hi jambandphan03,
What you posted is excellent information, thanks for explaining it so well. THC will be providing an information/warning card with each Persei. It will be placed right on top of the Persei in the box to ensure no one misses it.

The batteries provided with the Persei will be high quality protected cells with possible AW IMR upgrades available. AW IMR batteries are currently regarded as the safest and most reliable 3.7 volt batteries available according to the threads in candlepower forums. Their only downside is their high price.

JoeKickass said:
What jam band said is true but luckily we have lots of bits of metal between us and the Omicron battery. If the battery does go runaway for whatever reason the metal cap on the bottom should just pop off, if THC designed it right... otherwise it might pop the positive plate and vent up through the cartridge

Hi Joe,
THC thought it through and have designed the Persei with 2 large vent holes in both the bottom cap and the bottom inner battery adjustable spring retainer. So any venting should follow the path of least resistance and go through the open vent holes in the bottom.

Mflbparox said:

Hi Mflbparox,
THC is away until early next week, sorry but we don't know the answer to your question.

PlanetHaze,

JoeKickass

TheBake12 said:
My omicron has worked great till now, every time i push the button it blinks 8 times (with or without cartridge attached). When I plug it in to charge the light stays green and the button doesn't glow or anything almost as if it doesn't recognize the battery because when i push the button it does the same 8 blinks. I'm just wondering if something is wrong with my battery or charger and if theres anyway to fix it.

Take a look at the pictures we've been posting on this page and the previous one. I bet if you open your charger you will find a loose red wire like so many others...

PlanetVape said:
JoeKickass said:
What jam band said is true but luckily we have lots of bits of metal between us and the Omicron battery. If the battery does go runaway for whatever reason the metal cap on the bottom should just pop off, if THC designed it right... otherwise it might pop the positive plate and vent up through the cartridge

Hi Joe,
THC thought it through and have designed the Persei with 2 large vent holes in both the bottom cap and the bottom inner battery adjustable spring retainer. So any venting should follow the path of least resistance and go through the open vent holes in the bottom.

That's good to know about the Persei but I was wondering if the Omicron had some "worst-case scenario" design in it too. If the cap on the bottom is weaker than the top section it might act like a safety blow-out valve so the venting gas doesn't go out through the cartridge.

JoeKickass,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
That is a good question Joe, we don't know, but your theory is solid. When THC gets back, it would be a good question to re-post.

PlanetHaze,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, so far most of the venting with factory batteries has been from over charging... I am guess that the article posted earlier was a short in the atomizer setting off the battery in that guys face. I have probably 30 or so of the ego size batteries and have had no problems with any of them other than the occasional dud. It is a bit of a lottery of which ones will be a hazard when it comes to factory sealed batteries. It would be nice to know if the bottom cap is designed to come off under pressure. When it happens, its fast. From what I have read, you don't want to leave your battery on the charger once it shows its full and ready. I have done it many times, with no problems, but that is what has set off many other people's batteries, and it is always completely unexpected.

jambandphan03,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
That's pretty sad. Dude quits smoking using an ecig to save his lungs and instead gets his mouth blown off. :( I say if something isn't 100% mechanically safe, forget it. A worse case scenario could become just that.

Jeppy,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
this exploding battery thing usually happens to ecig mods when people are retarded and use unprotected 3v batts and they end up overworking and blowing in thier face.....only buy unprotected batteries....well that is when you get your mo fuggin PERSEI! the omicron isnt gonna blow up. just suck on that thing, get high and dont worry about stupid crap like that! :D This is the reason the thermovape comes with protected batteries, and not the unprotected ones.

Xchadb,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
Xchadb said:
.....only buy unprotected batteries....well that is when you get your mo fuggin PERSEI!

Think you meant to say .....only buy protected batteries....
You can also use the same batteries as the Thermovape in the Persei, just that they are much less powerful and only provide 3.0volts or about 23% less voltage than the stock protected Persei batteries.

One of the major differences is that the Thermovape Tenergy batteries are only rated to discharge at less than 550 mA, that is why they get so hot. The 18350 3.7volt AW IMR batteries available for the Persei can discharge at 5600 mA, that is over 10X more current for some serious vapor clouds.

PlanetHaze,

wthanna

I have a bad Omicron battery and recently received authorization to return it for exchange. I can't find an address on the website. There was not one in my authorization email. I have emailed delta9vapes through the website and received no response. Can someone please give me the full mailing address that I need in order to return a bad battery? Thanks!

wthanna,

PlanetHaze

Retailer
Hi wthanna,
We sent you instructions through the forum email. If you did not receive it, please let us know by contacting us directly info@planetvape.ca
Thanks,
P.V.

PlanetHaze,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
PlanetVape said:
Xchadb said:
.....only buy unprotected batteries....well that is when you get your mo fuggin PERSEI!

Think you meant to say .....only buy protected batteries....
You can also use the same batteries as the Thermovape in the Persei, just that they are much less powerful and only provide 3.0volts or about 23% less voltage than the stock protected Persei batteries.

One of the major differences is that the Thermovape Tenergy batteries are only rated to discharge at less than 550 mA, that is why they get so hot. The 18350 3.7volt AW IMR batteries available for the Persei can discharge at 5600 mA, that is over 10X more current for some serious vapor clouds.
Holy shit i feel dumb :) yea thats what i meant! Ty! Yea itl put u at 6v, they supply prot batts for 7.4v as well

Xchadb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hey guys, just doing the usual hello and see if i can answer a few questions on my vacation.

Videos got taken down because we think we can do better videos in the future.

Li ion batteries are safe if used right. A warning card is included in the Persei so people can read it before they use it.

We have gone with the Trustfire protected Red and black version.

AW IMR is a safe chemistry that will provide a higher discharge rate.

The Persei has design feature's that will help in case of a "act of god " moment.

The batteries have the best protection circuits possible, The unit has two vent holes on the bottom to make sure it does not explode and hurt someone.

Hope this answers all your questions.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom