Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is it ok to lightly brush the coil? I’m doing my first cleaning and want to make sure there aren’t any particles on or around it that could combust.

Thank you.

I have used a toothpick to carefully poke out any crumb, and a little air flow, probably safe as long as you're careful! Yeah it is robust

NoodIes

Just got my 9 today! Love the vapor (flavor/smoothness) and the even distribution of heat compared to the 6. I adore the design of the 6 but this has way less moving parts I'll worry about and the new heating design is way better. Probably gonna be my main vape for now. I personally rank it at Firewood 9 > Mighty > Firewood 6 > Firewood 4 out of the vapes I've owned. I'll probably grab the plug option and some caps but i like the bowl so far, if you fully vape the flower it's pretty easy to tap out with your palm from the back or blow out through the mouthpiece. The charging plug is also amazing to have now, Marc keeps killing it with these!
edit: I also love the glass stem compared to the 6, the thin glass was hard to push out when retracted, the ridge in this glass (on the underside) is very easy to push it out with

firewood.jpg

Splatkrak

So long time lurker here, massive firewood fever! Had many FW7's, just got re-acquainted with one again after having to sell my whole collection a few years back.

Just ordered a firewood 9 (and a leather Duba sleeve from vgoodiez) on friday; i thought they were gonna sell out so I rushed at 7:56pm to checkout and forgot to pay for Priority shipping and ask for a battery lol.

I also have a firewood 8 on the way a friend is letting me try out!

I've read through probably half of this thread from the days of firewood 5's so I've seen most people's comments on the 7 vs the 9, and I'm so intrigued by the increased convection. however, it seems that I've noticed people using their 7 still as a daily driver compared to the 9. Is this a skewed perspective? I don't like capsules so I went with the bowl option, but not sure the reasoning behind people saying the 7 is a bit superior still?

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I've read through probably half of this thread from the days of firewood 5's so I've seen most people's comments on the 7 vs the 9, and I'm so intrigued by the increased convection. however, it seems that I've noticed people using their 7 still as a daily driver compared to the 9. Is this a skewed perspective? I don't like capsules so I went with the bowl option, but not sure the reasoning behind people saying the 7 is a bit superior still?
I think the main reason the 7 is still so popular is it’s really easy to get a good consistent hit with any technique whereas the 9 requires a bit more technique or multiple hits in sequence to get good results. My preference is usually for the 9 since it tastes much better than my 7 and my spouse and I almost always will be taking 2-3 hits back to back, so the higher heat in my 7 can frequently lead to combustion.

That said, I just picked up a bowl mod for the 420 sale, and it seems to be tilting performance a bit back towards the 7 with higher conduction and consistency than capsule mode, but I also picked up some dynavaps during the sale so I’ve been busy learning those new devices recently and haven’t given the bowl mod much testing.

Octavia,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Pasoa2020

So long time lurker here, massive firewood fever! Had many FW7's, just got re-acquainted with one again after having to sell my whole collection a few years back.

Just ordered a firewood 9 (and a leather Duba sleeve from vgoodiez) on friday; i thought they were gonna sell out so I rushed at 7:56pm to checkout and forgot to pay for Priority shipping and ask for a battery lol.

I also have a firewood 8 on the way a friend is letting me try out!

To me, the form factor of the 7 is superior. It’s just awesome to look at and hold with very clean lines. It’s also quite a bit easier to load and I personally also think the WPA “adapter” is also really well done and keeps the device looking very clean

The 9 adds the ability to charge with usbC which IMO is the biggest upgrade for anyone that travels around with it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

They are the same, I use my FW9 just how I use my FW7, pretty pure conduction on demand, for me the convection is still pretty minimal... I think as a hybrid it can go one way or the other depending how you use it exactly... It is a bit more versatile now? I have the capsule version (FW7 is definitely cleaner set up when you're comparing to bowl version, but you can disassemble and fully clean with FW9, but yeah a big benefit of FW7 is the WPA configuration that gives you a straight shot vapor pathway and unique experience keeping the vape level on hooks or water pieces, I only use FW9 dry with cooling stem, my FW7s only with WPAs)

Splatkrak

They are the same, I use my FW9 just how I use my FW7, pretty pure conduction on demand, for me the convection is still pretty minimal... I think as a hybrid it can go one way or the other depending how you use it exactly... It is a bit more versatile now? I have the capsule version (FW7 is definitely cleaner set up when you're comparing to bowl version, but you can disassemble and fully clean with FW9, but yeah a big benefit of FW7 is the WPA configuration that gives you a straight shot vapor pathway and unique experience keeping the vape level on hooks or water pieces, I only use FW9 dry with cooling stem, my FW7s only with WPAs)
This is kind of what I was hoping to hear sounds like it kinda just varies a bit more based on my draw compared to the FW7 due to the little extra convection; we'd have similar use setups of the FW7 at home on a WPA and FW9 for my on the go portable.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I picked up one of those cases you linked in green and have much preferred it over the one I had, and everything fits in it JUST right. I was carrying it today even.
I also decided to pick up one of those little pouches that @PizzaWizard posted about. I got a burgundy one and it does fit the 9 well when using the og stem. I have also removed the stem and stored it in the pouch with the wpa laying on top. I have to carry a mini Jhook separately, but will go through the hassle when I have the time to settle back and enjoy. The hits are much cooler than using the native stem, but OG is the only way it fits in the pouch. I replaced the metal poker with a wooden toothpick to avoid scratches. I also throw a little plastic scoop in there and have everything I need.
My only worry with the pouch is the zipper. I can see that they needed to use something different to keep odor out, but I'm not sure of the quality or how long it's going last. The zipper gets a little catchy and seems flimsy.

I am definitely enjoying my FW9 very much. It is winning the reach test over everything else rn because it's such a fun new toy, and I love the flavor and experience you get on low temp settings. I may end up liking the capsule set-up better. The capsule plug is much easier to use than the funnel and plug version, and is more secure. I can see how the capsule version would be more involved if someone was using it on the road, but mine never leaves the front porch.

I find when loading and tamping the capsule, there is little chance that any herb is going to fall out when loading and it easily drops right in the heater coil. Afterwards, I just tip it over so the capsule drops on a drink coaster. In a pretty short amount of time, it's cool enough to touch and blow the abv out. Tho I am really liking packing whole nugs in there lately.

I initially thought the hapatic interface was going to be a hassle, but it's amazing how intuitive it becomes. I cycle through the settings no problem. I can't wait to try some old school hash with it. I bet it's going to shine. My TM2 is like, hey...remember me? Don't worry Tiny, this guy's gonna platoon with you.

I glad I have an 18650 charging system going to keep these guys well-fed.

Terp_Extractor

So I picked up the Firewood 9 with the bowl option about 2 weeks ago and have been using it daily and I have to say this vaporizer is something else I don't think I've found one thing I don't like about it. extracts very evenly and produces some super fluffy tasty but smooth hits. I have been using it @ 390 which is at preset 2 and the hits are really smooth. I did end up getting some GVB stems for it and I did notice a bit more of cooling with those.
with that said my technique has been pretty much long slow draws and on the first initial heat up I hold about 8-10 sec before starting to inhale at the end I let go of the button but keep inhaling for an additional 5-7 seconds or until I don't feel any more of the vapor or heat.
presets are
1-370f
2-490f
3-420f
a week later I ordered the capsule and plug option as well as the WPA while they were still on sale of course. while waiting for those to come in I was trying to get my technique down better. (if anyone has any additional tips please let me know) I have just been using it @ 390 I need to do more experimenting with it at lower and higher temps.

I received my capsules and plug as well as the WPA and I put the WPA to test and first hit was as expected pretty wispy but very very terpy second hit was ohhhhh my it was super thick and I was on 2 I didn't want to go to 3 to avoid the chance of combusting but I think it would have handled it real nice.
finally tried the capsule and plug option and it is very convenient to have both as both options have its own place and time. one thing I did notice was there was a bit more airflow with the capsule option then with the bowl option and I'm assuming that's cause the plug has more air to come in through then the donut/bowl option. correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I noticed. nothing to be turned away from it though both modes are incredible. on the capsule option when I'm going to pack them up for the trip/day I do tamp down but I haven't measured exactly how much I load in there but capsules are full when I load them then I just tamp down a bit. and I find it helps add a bit more of that conduction

Duba

Accessory Maker
So I picked up the Firewood 9 with the bowl option about 2 weeks ago
Congrats and welcome!

(if anyone has any additional tips please let me know) I have just been using it @ 390 I need to do more experimenting with it at lower and higher temps.
Your technique seems to be the good way, I also do a little extra preheating and then a long, slow draw.

Top Bottom