Contacting Tokin's Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

feraltoker

I ordered a DBV from tokinsvapes 13 days ago and it still says processing and Paul has not responded to my e-mails at his gmail address. Does anyone know why this might be? He doesn't have a phone number listed so I am getting somewhat frustrated with this whole thing. I expected much better service from him. :mad:

feraltoker,

buck824

I have sent him several emails---was interested in getting daBuddha, and never had one email answered.

buck824,

Beezleb

have you emailed him from his site address?
tokinGLX@gmail.com

He is normally Johnny on the spot so to speak on getting back to people.

Beezleb,

feraltoker

Yes, I have now e-mailed him three times at his tokinGLX@gmail.com e-mail. Does anyone else want to try for me? :/

feraltoker,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Not sure what the deal is... I'm also waiting on an order and unable to get a reply. If anyone is in contact with him please point him to this thread.

vtac,

Hanibal Lectin

I emailed him last week about some parts I wanted to order and never got a reply,commented on one of his youtube vids and he replied to that in a couple of hours.

Hanibal Lectin,

floats

Has anyone heard from Tolkin? I sent in an order last week with express shipping, and I haven't received anything as of yet, or heard back from him after two emails.

I want to show FC loyalty, but I'm a little worried, and about to place the order elsewhere.

floats,

lwien

So does anyone else think that it's a strange coincidence about what is going on here, and what Abu said regarding a strange email response from 7th Floor in another thread?

lwien,

feraltoker

I just heard back from tokin via stonerforums. Here is what he said:
hey *******, first off, i do greatly apologise. i have not been able to access the site or much of anything at all for way too long. my business has suffered greatly but i am now able to address everything that has happened.
i still cannot get into tokinsvapes, but i can get into paypal.

i will be throwing in a free extra whip(wand and tubing) for you, i know that it is a poor substitute for not getting your proper order a couple days after it was placed, but please be aware that i am hoping to get this out to you as soon as possible.

This was the response I expected, and I will continue to give tokin my business because he obviously cares about his customers.:D

feraltoker,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I have had the same problems myself. I placed and order on august 6th for some wands and heater covers and never got any response from that point on. Took over a month for me to go through the paypal dispute process to get my money back. It's a shame because I have ordered from him before and had wonderful transactions.

I have also posted an public comment on his youtube account about this and he has since delete it and other comments similar to mine. I would definitely avoid business with Paul from now on.

aesthyrian,

stinkmeaner

jimbo said:
Tokin's back...Tokin posted a video that he's back in action fulfilling back orders and refunding money....

Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIwMaPrSYEA&feature=sub

This new video is some of the worst bull shit I have laid eyes & ears on in a while. If he really had someone else running it, why no announcement at the switch or at least many moons ago when things started going sour. Like you said, he even went through the trouble of deleting worried comments from people that trusted you with their money instead of answering them and it is not like he was off the boards because I have seen his useless little comments like "Nice glass bro" on boards like glassdistrict, so he has been around to know this.

stinkmeaner,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
LOL... stink calls it like he sees it and I must agree with him. Deleting negative comments from your youtube videos to hide poor customer service complaints is a low-life move. Obviously he knew what was going on and did nothing about it. Tokin reads these forums, so how about a response!

With so many other vape shops with better prices and stellar customer service, why risk your money at tokinsvapes?

DeepFried,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Yeah, he refused to confront this issue for months, and instead deleted many comments from several different people on his youtube account and his tokin daily videos. I even e-mailed him directly at his own personal e-mail and got no response, so clearly he had little concern about what was going on.

Hard to rectify behavior like that, and a 4 minute youtube video isn't going to do it.

aesthyrian,

stinkmeaner

I would have believed him if he said that he was sleeping under a bridge for a few months, I mean he just looks like a hobo with that beard, but to say that he gave it to someone else to run so he could make silly Youtube videos...what a joke!

stinkmeaner,

Beezleb

and yet the issue was largely was quiet here. We is slippin.

I have to say this and I do not want to. Tokin actually was the one who gave me the confidence to try vaporizing so I have gratitude as it has been one of the handful of things that truly has changed my life. Freeing me from the foot of the smoke is not a simple thing to toss aside so I will be honest but tactful.

I want very much to believe him but their are issues with merit. Such as, if one is benefiting financially they are going to realize very quick when things start going south. So to be expected to believe the reason given does not in my opinion pass the smell test. However that does not mean he is lying. It just means I have to say to in all fairness it does not look good and sometimes life is not fair and the consequences of ones actions often can be increased by other factors and anyone who ever got a speeding ticket going 3 miles over the limit in a construction zone can understand to a point I think.

I cannot in proper judgment accept the excuse from a business perspective but as a genuine grateful tokin fan so to speak I can give him another view and while I wont be directing business anytime soon I will be watching to see what the future brings.

The thing that stood out most to me about tokin was his willingness and ability to go to 7th floor and select custom color pieces for people as they wanted and it was this that I directed traffic to him otherwise pricing is better with equal service and quality at other locations.

I hope to see Tokin taking up the role he once was able to play in the vaporizing community. I understand his interest went in other directions with the industry but I wish well and luck.

I wont kick the man while he is down. I lend my hand in help in getting back up in moral support and wait to see what happens in the future and hope for the best.

My next vape is for Tokin and for all those who had issues in the hopes all ends well. Would hope he would come here and address the issues here and take the criticism and whatnot and stand. In the end it gave FC.com a black eye and that has also soured a bit I think as he was at one time a recommended entity here. I hope to see that day that happens again but time will tell and I am not fortune teller. I am done commenting on the issue at this point as I think I said my piece on it.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
Beezleb said:
In the end it gave FC.com a black eye
I'd have to disagree with that. We rate dealers mostly on customer service, and we depend on member experiences for feedback. When it's good they get good word of mouth, if it goes south or they go out of business (Dieselvapors), it gets noted. The situation with Tokin's site has been noted for some time now- Tokinsvapes.com - A friend of FC but Tokin is MIA and orders are going unfulfilled. Clear_Dome is also a 'friend of FC', but his ETSY store has been empty for a while now and that's been noted on the Retailers page, along with non functional coupon codes for any dealers.

The forum isn't a business entity. Like any forum it's just a place for interested people to hang out and express their opinions. It doesn't matter if a forum owner has the best layout and software there is, if knowledgeable people don't join and provide the necessary input. Listing reputable dealers is just a service provided by this particular forum, it's not what the forum's reputation is based on. The value of a forum is a reflection of the quality of the posts.

max,

Beezleb

max said:
Beezleb said:
In the end it gave FC.com a black eye
I'd have to disagree with that. We rate dealers mostly on customer service, and we depend on member experiences for feedback. When it's good they get good word of mouth, if it goes south or they go out of business (Dieselvapors), it gets noted. The situation with Tokin's site has been noted for some time now- Tokinsvapes.com - A friend of FC but Tokin is MIA and orders are going unfulfilled. Clear_Dome is also a 'friend of FC', but his ETSY store has been empty for a while now and that's been noted on the Retailers page, along with non functional coupon codes for any dealers.

The forum isn't a business entity. Like any forum it's just a place for interested people to hang out and express their opinions. It doesn't matter if a forum owner has the best layout and software there is, if knowledgeable people don't join and provide the necessary input. Listing reputable dealers is just a service provided by this particular forum, it's not what the forum's reputation is based on. The value of a forum is a reflection of the quality of the posts.

I hear you and respect that. The issue aint gonna leave no rosy warm feeling I think is safe to say. I am speaking from the perspective of a pulse of the vaporizer world which stands FC.com apart from other vaporizer forums in my view and not as a business monitor. No other location brings so many vaporizers assets together from manufacturers, entrpenaours, Industry representatives and all kinds of backgrounds and experiences of many vapist thus I believe the view we are just another forum is to not realize the reality of what FC.com truly is but it can also be said I am making too much of FC.com.

We missed looking at the issue even once the issue kept coming up from time to time. I am also speaking from the perspective on how passionate some get on other issues yet we did not really address this repeated issue and fairly speaking the community here can be tough when it comes to dealing with some issues and I do not think it is typically something we would miss. It just got bye is all and I think we did fumble it in my view but I am not trying to make anything more than an observation and is merely my perspective as a somewhat long term regular contributor.

More akin my writing was a thinking out loud with writing while vaped. Also keep in mind, this is one snippet from a larger writing that gives a different feel than this one selected partial sentence represents. I do not know how to be any more fair.

Beezleb,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
max said:
The value of a forum is a reflection of the quality of the posts.

ya i believe that his explanation on the youtube video is genuine, though...i could totally see him outgrowing his website & handing it to someone else who fucked up...not that i agree with it, but i find it believable.

too bad he didnt mention the extra wands/whips on his video...

akwardsauce,

hereatlast

akwardsauce, you keep on digging up old threads. :lol:

Not sure how relevant this one still is to be honest....

hereatlast,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom