Arizer Solo 3

Aryeah

Vape Man
I just tried out the on demand mode level 3 with the XL stem, but I am getting a char at the bottom and still some green DCB (ABV) when drawing. I have it set to 20 second draw. Is it because I am not pulling through the stem hard enough to cook the entire load? I do tamp it down with my finger a little bit to get the gap between the heater and the stem.

Aryeah,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Not really. It starts from cold. The first hit is all convection, temp rising with your draw speed. Now I'm gonna try this sweet ass wide open stem with metal chamber to see the power on 5 and 6.:tup:
Thanks @Ed's TnT

image uploader

We could just as easily say it’s conduction, and the temperature rising with the draw speed can simply be explained by the glass oven, which has thermal lag (resistance) because it’s an insulator.

The exact same thing happens with a cold start dab. You have to stop heating earlier than you think because of the lag from the glass ramping up, as the temperature will keep rising even after you turn the torch off.

I would add the fact the vapor comes out pretty tame from a straight glass “shotgun” stem with zero cooling features clearly demonstrates the lack of latent convection heat.

cpl5938

What is it with Arizer vapes? I love them but everyone I own (4 of them) ends up with weed dust on the inside of the screen. And now it’s happening to my Solo 3 after a couple of days. Does anyone else have this issue with their Arizer vapes? Here’s a photo (dust is screen):

cpl5938,

Justpassedu

My g-d this vape is a beast. 1st time trying it yesterday. I only used on-demand mode at level 2 and it ate through a fully packed large stem in a few hits. Not only that but with the radiant heat it produced I was able to get atleast 5-6 hits from the first heat up. Is this normal ?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I just tried out the on demand mode level 3 with the XL stem, but I am getting a char at the bottom and still some green DCB (ABV) when drawing. I have it set to 20 second draw. Is it because I am not pulling through the stem hard enough to cook the entire load? I do tamp it down with my finger a little bit to get the gap between the heater and the stem.

Try using the lower setting and or lowering your time setting, if anything it could be your pulling too hard and that would cause the scorch at that end? Try more gap too

My g-d this vape is a beast. 1st time trying it yesterday. I only used on-demand mode at level 2 and it ate through a fully packed large stem in a few hits. Not only that but with the radiant heat it produced I was able to get atleast 5-6 hits from the first heat up. Is this normal ?

Yep! I mean that would depend on the length of your hits (I don't do that many), and the timer setting you have, it is all relative!

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
We could just as easily say it’s conduction, and the temperature rising with the draw speed can simply be explained by the glass oven, which has thermal lag (resistance) because it’s an insulator.

The exact same thing happens with a cold start dab. You have to stop heating earlier than you think because of the lag from the glass ramping up, as the temperature will keep rising even after you turn the torch off.

I would add the fact the vapor comes out pretty tame from a straight glass “shotgun” stem with zero cooling features clearly demonstrates the lack of latent convection heat.
Sure but the air from the metal bottom where there ain't no glass gives you the convection. The air gets hot before the glass then helps heat the glass as the walls catch up. Air heats faster becuase its lighter then glass.:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,
Top Bottom