Anvil by Vestratto

Ariwe

Works great for me. I set it at maximum heat (=time) and either I start cold with the bowl screwed in and heat the full cycle, or I pre-heat without bowl for one cycle, then drop in the bowl and heat until click. With the thermocore, the latter technique will give you the more terpy, convection-leaning hit.
I place the wand right side up so that the anvil can rest on a non-flammable surface. I just let it sit there until timer or until click
I tried preheating without the bowl but it was hard to “drop in.” Curious about how you approach that?

For what it’s worth, I get an even roast with a full timer on the wand and the half bowl. About the same for the full bowl. The XL bowl requires less heat for me, usually I can set it to 765 or so. If I let it go to timeout I’ve actually combusted! Might be because of more thermal mass/conduction.

Ariwe,

AndyO

Do other people find their XL bowls click together really quickly? I usually like the control of the 2 clicks on the Anvil using a blowtorch, but the clicks are pretty much simultaneous.

I'm trying to figure out whether this is normal, and I just need to get used to it, or whether I've got a faulty/"quirky" one that I should call my vape store about.

AndyO,
Reactions: Easywider

Momor

I'm trying to figure out whether this is normal, and I just need to get used to it, or whether I've got a faulty/"quirky" one that I should call my vape store about.
Try with a smaller flame/torch. With less heating power the the time between both clicks should be greater.
If it clicks the same with a slow heating, I think your bowl may be kind of "quirky".

Do other people find their XL bowls click together really quickly? I usually like the control of the 2 clicks on the Anvil using a blowtorch, but the clicks are pretty much simultaneous.

Which torch are you using and what’s your heating technique? If the clicks are happening super close to each other, I think that’s usually indicative of an aggressive heatup. You might want to dial it back a bit and see if that makes a difference.

letter never sent,
Reactions: Clapped_r6

David Root

Been using a regular propane torch. I am a welder and mechanic, so these things are around all the time.
It is self igniting and screws on the top of a 14 or 16 ounce propane tank.
The flame is a rough 3 flames. I hold the biggest one at the base letting the rest cover the oven.
11 to 15 seconds . If its over 15, I didn't hear it......

They do click closer together because the fast heat up.

The big savings here is Butane. This $6 tank of propane will last months.

One like this

I'm partial to Bernzomatic because they were in my home town Medina NY.

All should work. YOU DO NOT NEED MAPP :)

They can be found for $20.00

I'm really liking this!

David

hotmeals

Serial vapist
So apparently I was able to snag one of the Forge/Tornado bundles a few days after 4/20. I'm curious if the earlier preorders got pushed back to a July delivery date also or if they're still scheduled for May like the listing originally said on 4/20. Have any of you who ordered it earlier seen what your order information says on Vestratto's site? Got one of the Ruby Thermocore bundles on the way also that I ordered the day of 4/20, so I'm pretty pumped. Been wanting an Anvil for a while. Feel like I spent way too much money at once lol, but I predict it will be used a lot, especially with the Forge.

hotmeals,

David Root

OK, the silly clicks

I have a standard bowl that when new I burnt a few bowls because the clicks were so close together it sounded like one. I was waiting for a second click that already happened.

After I used it a while, it got louder and they are a little more apart, maybe a second. It is fine to just heat to first click, it will second soon enough.

My 1/2 bowl has FAR apart clicks. The first click takes place about 40 seconds, the next is 45 to 47 seconds. I then keep heating 5 to 7 seconds after second click.

If I am using a bigger more aggressive torch, I will get first click at 30 seconds and second one at 33.so I heat to 36.

All are cleaned in ISO weeky. Alcohol is not going to hurt the discs and will keep the crud out of there.

I always heat everything so its sure dry after cleaning especially if you use water.

My XL bowl well, I just get lost in that.........

David :)

BreadStick

So apparently I was able to snag one of the Forge/Tornado bundles a few days after 4/20. I'm curious if the earlier preorders got pushed back to a July delivery date also or if they're still scheduled for May like the listing originally said on 4/20. Have any of you who ordered it earlier seen what your order information says on Vestratto's site? Got one of the Ruby Thermocore bundles on the way also that I ordered the day of 4/20, so I'm pretty pumped. Been wanting an Anvil for a while. Feel like I spent way too much money at once lol, but I predict it will be used a lot, especially with the Forge.
I emailed Vestratto the same question and they told me all orders placed on 4/20 are still scheduled to be delivered around the middle of May. The July delivery date is for those who ordered after 4/20. Vestratto offered people pre-orders for the 2nd production run after 4/20 basically.

Roffa

I tried preheating without the bowl but it was hard to “drop in.” Curious about how you approach that?

For what it’s worth, I get an even roast with a full timer on the wand and the half bowl. About the same for the full bowl. The XL bowl requires less heat for me, usually I can set it to 765 or so. If I let it go to timeout I’ve actually combusted! Might be because of more thermal mass/conduction.
i hold the bowl with the xl cap/magnet. Don´t screw all the way in though

hotmeals

Serial vapist
I emailed Vestratto the same question and they told me all orders placed on 4/20 are still scheduled to be delivered around the middle of May. The July delivery date is for those who ordered after 4/20. Vestratto offered people pre-orders for the 2nd production run after 4/20 basically.
OK cool, I suspected that may have been what was going on. Gives me some time to practice with the torch

noobvaperct

Want to know what you all would do if you were me as I have not experienced this before.

I ordered the WPA Kit on 4/22 (2 weeks ago) and have since sent two emails to them asking when they might know my order will ship. I haven't heard back and I am about to contact my credit card company because I sure as hell paid $175 plus tax without a single word from Vestratto. I've purchased a lot in my life and I've never had to wait weeks for even a shipment notification. This is outrageous.

noobvaperct,
  • Sad
Reactions: Petetbay

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Want to know what you all would do if you were me as I have not experienced this before.

I ordered the WPA Kit on 4/22 (2 weeks ago) and have since sent two emails to them asking when they might know my order will ship. I haven't heard back and I am about to contact my credit card company because I sure as hell paid $175 plus tax without a single word from Vestratto. I've purchased a lot in my life and I've never had to wait weeks for even a shipment notification. This is outrageous.
I ordered the Thermocore bundle on 4/20 and it didn't ship until May 2. I think they're just working their way through the orders. They should definitely be more responsive though.

hotmeals,

KindBuddyBud

Did you create an account on vestrattos website? I think you can go back and sign up with the email you used when you made your purchase. I think it’ll show your order and if it’s fulfilled or not. I ordered on 420 and haven’t received an update but, their website has all my orders (fulfilled and unfulfilled). One thing I’ve learned as I’ve gotten into these higher end vapes from small companies is you have to be patient. Vestratto prob has 3 employees total. Haha. I think John’s one, his daughter is another employee. I’m sure they’re plowing through the orders but, it’s gonna take some time. Plus I hear Canada’s postal service sucks! So, try and create an account, maybe that’ll help a little bit. And I know, waiting is prob the hardest part. Hope this helps.

David Root

More about the propane torch.

Hold the flame tips at the oven, one on each copper band. 11 seconds first click, 12 seconds, second click.
Will hold the heat for 2 or 3 hits in a piece.
Do not go over clicks..... I have stopped at the first click.

Rinse, Repeat :)

It like that guy Dave says, its a heat builder. First hit might be terpy, but next will be thick white vapor. This is only with the propane torch. I rotate it, but I am a fidget.

If the oven is IN the blue of the flames, It takes to 15 or more seconds to click and its probably trashed.

Just two of the blue tips barely touching. I have to watch closely. Flame is not real focused and big.
Third flame is in the center, but a little off to the side.

David

leanpubpackage

Vestratto provides decently good response for all matters EXCEPT shipping estimates. Radio silence if you ask about ship status. Not sure why, but it’s frustrating. In my experience, it’s always shipped by the estimate listed on the website

Vapetothegrave

Vape2thegrave
Company Rep
More about the propane torch.

Hold the flame tips at the oven, one on each copper band. 11 seconds first click, 12 seconds, second click.
Will hold the heat for 2 or 3 hits in a piece.
Do not go over clicks..... I have stopped at the first click.

Rinse, Repeat :)

It like that guy Dave says, its a heat builder. First hit might be terpy, but next will be thick white vapor. This is only with the propane torch. I rotate it, but I am a fidget.

If the oven is IN the blue of the flames, It takes to 15 or more seconds to click and its probably trashed.

Just two of the blue tips barely touching. I have to watch closely. Flame is not real focused and big.
Third flame is in the center, but a little off to the side.

David
your posts intrigued me enough to whip out the ol Bernzomatic, the 12 seconds heat ups are very nice, and easily ride the line, but with that terpy first hit as you mentioned. :rockon: thanks for the tips

Vapetothegrave,

noobvaperct

Did you create an account on vestrattos website? I think you can go back and sign up with the email you used when you made your purchase. I think it’ll show your order and if it’s fulfilled or not. I ordered on 420 and haven’t received an update but, their website has all my orders (fulfilled and unfulfilled). One thing I’ve learned as I’ve gotten into these higher end vapes from small companies is you have to be patient. Vestratto prob has 3 employees total. Haha. I think John’s one, his daughter is another employee. I’m sure they’re plowing through the orders but, it’s gonna take some time. Plus I hear Canada’s postal service sucks! So, try and create an account, maybe that’ll help a little bit. And I know, waiting is prob the hardest part. Hope this helps.
I did create an account ahead of purchasing and I haven't thought to check it yet. I just did and the status still says "unfulfilled", so I guess that's that.

I did create an account ahead of purchasing and I haven't thought to check it yet. I just did and the status still says "unfulfilled", so I guess that's that.

They aren’t the fastest at shipping and also have a policy where they wait for credit card payments to be settled with their payment provider before fulfilling the orders. I guess it makes sense for a small operation that they want to have the cash in hand before shipping the product out. FWIW, their official rep in their Discord channel said on 4/29 that they were going to start packing orders received on 4/20. So I’d expect yours will hopefully ship soon?

stinkytofus

your posts intrigued me enough to whip out the ol Bernzomatic, the 12 seconds heat ups are very nice, and easily ride the line, but with that terpy first hit as you mentioned. :rockon: thanks for the tips
i have a benzo with a nice torch head, works good for this ? lol

stinkytofus,

David Root

I have not used butane since.

Half bowl, I need to wait till second click. Sometimes it clicks at 8 and 9 seconds.
David

David Root,

lukepat

I am still waiting on my 4/20 order as well. Zero email correspondence. Hopefully they are working through the orders...

lukepat,
Reactions: jasp3r
Top Bottom