Phase3 Vaporizers

coolbreeze

Hey everyone ! First post on here ! New to the forum but certainly not vaporizing. Just ordered a phase 3 zx without the pid. Is there a specific one I need for this I wanted to grab the controller locally , thanks for any insight !
Welcome, congrats, and just make sure it has the US layout (if you are in the US--not sure about the 220 kits):
Vapvana-Coil-Pid-Compatibility-Chart-2023_6eb2bba3-f6ed-4e64-af5a-02968e0c0b17_1800x1800.png

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
(if you are in the US--not sure about the 220 kits)
Just for thread knowledge, the wiring layout is not dependent on the local mains voltage. The vast majority of PIDs are international devices, like a laptop charger, and will adjust to the local voltage. It's just the coil that has to match the wiring layout and the local mains voltage. 👍

coolbreeze

Thanks so much ! So to be clear the one on the left is what I need ? Yep I’m in the USA hopefully a shop around me has one .very excited this will be my first ball vape!
Nice! You've gone right to the best! Yes, you'd want one of those on the left.
Just for thread knowledge, the wiring layout is not dependent on the local mains voltage. The vast majority of PIDs are international devices, like a laptop charger, and will adjust to the local voltage. It's just the coil that has to match the wiring layout and the local mains voltage. 👍
Exactly. The wiring differences are purely conventional as far as I know; they just need to match between coil and controller.

@Garybuchanen , if you can't find one locally, @VGOODIEZ can get you one quick, usually at a discount (this is 20% off currently):

coolbreeze

If they don’t match will that hurt the coil or pid in any way ?
I believe one or the other will fry, but I'm not sure. In any case, one of the brands listed by @madhockeydad will be what you want. I have a few Disorderly Conduction PIDs I run mine off (they're excellent), and a Crossing which is great too. Many folks like the Auber for its easy temp tuning with the dial on top.

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
The funny thing about the wiring differences is that they are hooking up the same wires to different pins in the PID - it's a layout difference not an electrical one. They could all be the same as there is no electrical difference. I think there was a company that was trying to make a plug that would convert from one to the other so you could use a coil from one with the other. I don't know what became of it or If it really worked.

Luckily for the Phase 3 there are 4 good options.

I'd love to find the story that led to these two wiring difference. I bet it's something silly like someone ordered a bunch from a Chinese factory but somehow the pin layout got mixed up and they had a ton of inventory so they sold it and viola - now there are two alternatives. Totally made up story but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. DON"T QUOTE ME on this last paragraph. Just high and having fun. LOL.

Z-Tribe Maddy

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
The vape won't determine the draw restriction. The restriction will depend on the piece you. use it with. That's one of the reasons I think this is liked by so many. Some ball vapes do have restriction but I don't find any measurable restriction with the ZX. I pick a wide open bubbler and use my lungs to draw at the pace and speed I like. Some draw faster and harder and I do more sipping.

It's really cool and not like a vape that has built in restriction. Glad you found a PID!! Great find.

Z-Tribe Maddy

add1noob

Is that the Vgoodiez glass stand? And if so how is it weight / sturdyness wise?
Yes, it is, and it's surprisingly sturdy. I haven't broken it yet. The only issue is that it doesn't have much weight, but when I use it regularly, I place it on a Bear Quartz grip mat, which keeps it perfectly stable. Even without the mat, it's fine as long as there's no tension on the cord. Occasionally, the ZX sticks to it, but you just need to pull it out straight. It's never gotten stuck for me.

Top Bottom