UK Glass - Rickysvaps.co.uk?

davesmith

Glass Blower
Yeah you have to be very progressive with glass. And you have to heat it really evenly across the whole device. Especially when the glass is a little thick (higher delta temperature = more internal stress).
You can actually be more agressive with thin glass.

And sorry for your loss...
I've made a quartz SCVW that works wonderfully for under 5€. I'll post it later if you're interested.
Great description of glass’s thermal properties

The unit with the holes in the top is bound to crack, the way stress is stored in glass follows the internal curve of the walls, any disruption to that (flat sides, holes) will inevitably build stress when heated/used and crack eventually. Worth noting that chinese manufacturing often doesnt properly anneal their glass so there is already the stress from the manufacturing processes sat in the glass.

I've never had an issue with the Tasty Tube
I took a long time making sure they had longevity even in the glass heaters, the instructions are key imho

I would be very interested to know the answer to this.
Im gonna guess no. The reason being most of the uk lampworkers have been on the gangs radar. I may be wrong though it’s always a good thing to see more uk lampworkers appear.
Guys please don’t support these clones of my devices by RickysVaps of the 18mm Killer or Submarine which he is calling the ZR and ZR2. I questioned him on instagram about it and he just literally told me to fuck off and said “you don’t make them anyways.” He also claimed to not know who I am or to have ever seen my work before lol he is a current instagram follower of mine as well so I know thats a lie
Sad thing about glass is you cant patent it. I wholeheartedly agree copying people is bullshit but its happened to so many glass artists over the years i guess im desensitised. Any glass vape design is only really as good as your name. Once someone outsources to china its a race to the bottom. For example a very similar unit to my tasty tube can be had on dhgate for a quarter of the price. It lacks the finesse, support and class of my units but in a pinch im sure they function. Luckily my reputation is what sells my work and thats true of others doing similar things. I’m sure you will find with time that this doesnt impact your sales. The fact they were rude to you is a bit shitty though theres no need for that in such a small industry.

Me and @RogueGuy have some experience with the glass stuff and have both been gentlemanly about it. We need more of that energy where possible.

Hope ive not spoken out of turn as obviously im kind of a manufacturer. Mods please spank me if i have.

E2a the top unit looks like the lamart flam. As mentioned theres many units along the same vein.

Also couldnt find their IG could someone lwt us know what it is? Searching rickyvaps brings up mothing

Last edited:

Wozz

I ship to the UK and EU for an extra $15 USD no matter the size of the package or quantity of items so I try to keep it as cheap as possible for international buyers! 😁 I can’t really afford to work with resellers because of the profit sacrifice I’d have to make when operating on a glassblowers budget 😂
👍💚

Would you happen to know whether we would have to pay any custom fees?

I've been close to ordering from you a few times, but thought import duties would be high.

sedentree

Great description of glass’s thermal properties

The unit with the holes in the top is bound to crack, the way stress is stored in glass follows the internal curve of the walls, any disruption to that (flat sides, holes) will inevitably build stress when heated/used and crack eventually. Worth noting that chinese manufacturing often doesnt properly anneal their glass so there is already the stress from the manufacturing processes sat in the glass.

I took a long time making sure they had longevity even in the glass heaters, the instructions are key imho

Im gonna guess no. The reason being most of the uk lampworkers have been on the gangs radar. I may be wrong though it’s always a good thing to see more uk lampworkers appear.

Sad thing about glass is you cant patent it. I wholeheartedly agree copying people is bullshit but its happened to so many glass artists over the years i guess im desensitised. Any glass vape design is only really as good as your name. Once someone outsources to china its a race to the bottom. For example a very similar unit to my tasty tube can be had on dhgate for a quarter of the price. It lacks the finesse, support and class of my units but in a pinch im sure they function. Luckily my reputation is what sells my work and thats true of others doing similar things. I’m sure you will find with time that this doesnt impact your sales. The fact they were rude to you is a bit shitty though theres no need for that in such a small industry.

Me and @RogueGuy have some experience with the glass stuff and have both been gentlemanly about it. We need more of that energy where possible.

Hope ive not spoken out of turn as obviously im kind of a manufacturer. Mods please spank me if i have.

E2a the top unit looks like the lamart flam. As mentioned theres many units along the same vein.

Also couldnt find their IG could someone lwt us know what it is? Searching rickyvaps brings up mothing

sedentree,
Reactions: davesmith

Wozz

Remember to include postage costs... The total invoice needs to be less than £135, not just the products.

If it's over, you get charged 20% VAT plus handling fees.

Reading this tempted me into having another look at CC's Prophet. Folk always mention it on here. Always in a positive way.

🤦‍♂️ £137.30 , before p&p. 🤦‍♂️

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Reading this tempted me into having another look at CC's Prophet. Folk always mention it on here. Always in a positive way.

I did a bad thing and ordered a £47 knock off Prophet from South Africa today. Looks identical to the 14mm Cactus Dry Rigs on sale in the US. Although I've wanted an original for more than a year, that's not yet been possible in the UK.

Perfect_Speed4069,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I did a bad thing and ordered a £47 knock off Prophet from South Africa today. Looks identical to the 14mm Cactus Dry Rigs on sale in the US. Although I've wanted an original for more than a year, that's not yet been possible in the UK.

Yeah the original will be back in stock at Cloud Connoisseur eventually, you can follow the CC glass thread for updates, I'm sure they can work with you for shipping and hopefully get you the best price... Very high quality, although yes quite a bit more expensive than the knockoffs of course

Is this any good? I would love to see this in action :)

As I keep mentioning, that is a direct clone knockoff of the submarine by Good Vibes so you can look up the performance of that, it does very well, and I would of course highly encourage buying direct from him instead of supporting this Ricky person at all :2c::peace:

Top Bottom