Shakedown Street

ChooChooCharlie

us old folk at the Sphere tonight

IMG-2664.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
(Apologies in advance, Charlie, but I didn't even know about this residency until your post, above)

Will someone please explain if this guy is completely wrong?
I'm guessing that, in general terms, he's got it about right.
I simply can not, for the life of me, picture Jerry Garcia in this kind of scenario.

I can only imagine that when these Top Tier bands grab their "share" of the pie, they are siphoning some dollars from other talented artists who may be less well-promoted.

Even IF the band members all vowed to give their shares away charitably (of which I simply have no knowledge), it still leaves the whores at Ticketmaster, etc making stupid amounts of money.

coolbreeze

(Apologies in advance, Charlie, but I didn't even know about this residency until your post, above)

Will someone please explain if this guy is completely wrong?
I'm guessing that, in general terms, he's got it about right.
I simply can not, for the life of me, picture Jerry Garcia in this kind of scenario.

I can only imagine that when these Top Tier bands grab their "share" of the pie, they are siphoning some dollars from other talented artists who may be less well-promoted.

Even IF the band members all vowed to give their shares away charitably (of which I simply have no knowledge), it still leaves the whores at Ticketmaster, etc making stupid amounts of money.
I never paid more than $30 to see the GD (<$70 in today's dollars). They could have reanimated Garcia and I'd have trouble justifying it. I hope everyone had a good time though.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Last edited:
Top Bottom