JCVAP "Pockety"

furrettea

Well, I got the replacement xxl heater in. It felt sturdier than my last one, which I think may have gotten damaged somewhere in the shipping. I screwed it place, and everything on the Pockety came up fine. I went to heat it for a burnoff cycle just at my usual temp of 550 f, and the temperature reader started acting funny; it heated the atomizer INCREDIBLY hot, but it thought it was only about 300 degrees. I turned it off and let everything cool. I check the screws; they were fine. I check the pins on the bottom of the heater; they were fine. I screwed it back on, and then I got that error where it can't read the atomizer and it gives you an error message saying Sensor Error if you try to heat it. I took it off and thought the connectors on the main body of the device were dirty, so I got a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol and cleaned 'em; a little bit of something had coated 'em from the sessions I was able to get with this thing. I put the atomizer back on, and lo and behold, there error message is still there.

I think I'm done with this thing. This is the second replacement heater I've gotten for this thing, and it doesn't want to work, either. I thankfully didn't pay anything for this second one (I did for the first because I broke my first heater like a moron), and their customer service seemed really attentive, but if their quality is so slapshot, I'm not inclined to keep using them. I thankfully went on and ordered a banger that ought to be arriving tomorrow, and I think I'll go on and get a coil and some other shit to go with that. It's a shame; I really liked using it while it worked.

tl;dr: This thing ain't worth the money, unfortunately, because of poor quality control.

EDIT: Just to lick my calf over, I removed the heater and put it back in. I don't get the error message anymore, but it's very clearly not reading the temperature right. The highest the readout will get to is about 230 degrees f, and if you touch the rubber around the atomizer, it's very clearly being heated to far, far beyond that.
In my honest opinion, many devices in the market have qc problems. You can see on reddit lots and lots of people having QC issues with the focus v carta 2 aswell, which is 3 times the cost of this device. Atleast jcvap seems like a company with decent CS and wont make you do 3 weeks of back and forth to get a brand new device returned. Even puffco has QC problems.

Top Bottom